LUX = First Rate POWER on Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NavyGothic

02-10-2013

She's great fun, but very much a high risk - moderate reward champion. The cooldowns are high enough to really punish you for missing any skillshots; and landing everything, while good, isn't particularly amazing.

By all means play her (I love her, even though I'm completely awful), but it's hard to recommend her over stronger mages like Zyra or Brand.

Zuko Prince

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyemite View Post
True I guess I meant if you rune mastery and itemize for cooldowns they "can" be low but yes that doesn't come into play until later in the game. So her early game is probably not the strongest

The first two items I build are BFT and hextech sweeper. And the first section of BFT I get is the cdr section an some boots and health pots and a mana pot. By the time those items are built along with masteries your cdr is at least 36%, just 4% shy of the cap, and that is not counting any cdr runes.

Those two early items also give some health while getting strong ap and mobility. I get sorc boots and add the flat speed boost to boots. With the 10% speed buff to hextech, lux movement speed after boots are complete is around 430, once lichbane is completed that goes to around 450 movement speed.

That keeps her alive and makes it easier for her to dodge and kite. She is fast, has snares, and hits like a truck if caught. Dominion is the kind of map where the enemy tens to STAND STILL - ALL THE DAMN TIME because they are capping, I can't count the number of times a bot gank turns into me defending the the base near their bot behind a pillar, only to line up a binding, singularity, ult, and a POP with me last hitting them.

If they are not dead they are severely injured and have to either retreat or bring help, if I need to retreat I often have the cd on the ult low enough that I can delay the cap just a bit longer. She is extremely good on this map. You don't need to build her tanky at all, her role is to be an agile fast moving ap artillery machine and offensive support. Cap stopper, base defender, and she holds her own in a lane surprisingly well with the cdr items.

People say swain can be strong but I can't play him worth a damn with the changes in season 3, his tankiness is nowhere near enough to withstand the damage from numerous champs. But with lux, I don't play to try to survive, I play to not get hit in the first place and damage from afar in relative safety. If kass comes in I may die, but honestly, I'd rather be lux facing him than malz, at least when I die I can revive and laser him and delay a bot cap.

Again, she is amazing, I wonder if people are just not building/playing her right.

The only bot laner I can't deal with is yorick and the rare godline lee sins who get a freaking qss/mercurial and become instant death.

konfetarius

02-11-2013

Well, for what it's worth, if Lux is as strong as you say and your win rate with her as as great as you imply, you will reach high elo and demonstrate it or see why Lux is not being played often.

I mean, Lux is not bad, but at the end of the day, Lux is not Brand or Zyra. Her cooldowns to damage ratio really hamstrings her when you need to get damage done now.

Volandum

02-11-2013

Zuko: you go 0/9/21 or some weird masteries for 6% cdr from masteries?

Zuko Prince

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
Zuko: you go 0/9/21 or some weird masteries for 6% cdr from masteries?

misspoke, only 4% from the damage tree. But that's still 34% cdr with items and masteries, just 6% shy of max cd.

weezcake

02-11-2013

Lux is amazing! I'm surprised that I don't see more Lux players. I'm usually the only one.

I run mpen and cdr. People think I'm weird when I play Lux because a lot of the time, I will go in and not stay back. Her CDs are so that you will be punished greatly if you miss her skill shots, and it is painful when you do. My playstyle is very high risk, high reward. It's actually really fun seeing Lux manning up and melting down pantheon

She seems to have lots of counters, and a smart player with gap closers can absolutely destroy Lux.. so I suppose at the really high ELO levels she isn't used.

Zuko Prince

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezcake View Post
Lux is amazing! I'm surprised that I don't see more Lux players. I'm usually the only one.

I run mpen and cdr. People think I'm weird when I play Lux because a lot of the time, I will go in and not stay back. Her CDs are so that you will be punished greatly if you miss her skill shots, and it is painful when you do. My playstyle is very high risk, high reward. It's actually really fun seeing Lux manning up and melting down pantheon

She seems to have lots of counters, and a smart player with gap closers can absolutely destroy Lux.. so I suppose at the really high ELO levels she isn't used.

speaking of which.... I need to get rid of those spell vamp quints.... I was experimenting with them after they were released for vamp builds but I can get a nice even 40% cdr with BFT and hextech and masteries with new quints... omg I am going to be even stronger now.

Fast moving mobile ap artillery that can snipe and snare and shield.

To others saying zyra is stronger, she is in terms of raw power, but lux can combo with her ult more often. Zyra can take down tankier people better than lux, but I think lux can burst down squishies better than zyra, and those squishies are the ones that can often gut your team if left unchecked.

remember guys, dominion is a map where people STAND STILL all the time to cap. If they are standing still it's much easier to land all 3 of her damaging abilities, and pop them with at least one auto attack for essentially another spell with her passive and lichbane.

Genericke

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuko Prince View Post
For people who disagree with this, they don't have any clue how to play lux. She is so strong on this map, not kassadin strong, but if you know what to do she is devastating, you can build her offensive without focusing on defense as if you are doing you job you should be kiting and far away.
I'm not sure why you have 8 downvotes. I agree with you in that I've seen Lux do some pretty crazy sh*t. If you can land her skillshots she's devastating (which really isn't that hard).

NamKim

02-11-2013

If there is a good Lux on the enemy team, she can absolutely destroy a team without map awareness and positioning. So, she can stomp quite a lot of people at low elo where people's map awareness skills have yet to be developed (even against a Teemo, no one bothers to buy Hextech Sweeper or Lightbringer at my elo).

Although, I'm interested in trying Lux out. I know that some of her spells give visibility in the fog of war and I think that is quite a fine utility to have. I'm curious now. Too bad I just recently bought a champion and I don't have the IP to buy her now... Also, I tend to love playing champions whose spells are all or mostly skill shots. Even if I tend to miss 60% of the time

Zuko Prince

02-11-2013

just had a string of bad lux games

I was bot and laning against xin and jarvan in another game. Both have gap closers that devastate lux. Jarvan can be snared mid leap and he'll just land right next to lux, the snare is meaningless, just like kaz. Best to just switch those lanes