I figured out how Diamond 1 to Challenger works. Terrible

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raptamei

02-11-2013

Silver scum agrees. Why bother getting better when the high end is such a mess? Might as well just troll around at low levels then. (To say nothing of the warmogs meta)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortality View Post
Once people reach Diamond tier, they should just reveal win/loss and elo (like starcraft). Also, challenger tier can just be top 50 elo players, why have all this promotion business to enter challenger? It's a title of being top 50 player in the server, there's no reason to have a series for it. Just reveal elo for diamond tier and make challenger tier just a top50 elo thing that you enter and leave without retarded promotion series.
I believe the intention is to prevent people from reaching challenger tier and then sitting on it.

Dantragk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2013

7 Days is WAY too long holy ****.

C rap is a censored word <_<;

Denlow

02-11-2013

I just love how this system was designed to reduce the stress of ELO, then relies on a HIDDEN ELO aka MMR in order to advance into challenger. Oh the irony.

Oh and not to mention, everyone in Diamond I's (not sure about other divisions) League points were frozen for the majority of yesterday. I wasn't winning nor losing any LP for my ranked solo Q games, and I know a number of other people who had the same problem. Another bug?

Riot pls

brningpyre

02-11-2013

Why not take off or reduce the immunity of getting into Challenger? Wouldn't that make things more competitive? 7 days is a helluva long time.

Xuanxue NA

02-11-2013

bump for justice and a hope of fixing this worse off system.

someroastedbeef

02-11-2013

bump

YouHearThat

02-11-2013

This system makes no sense at all

Eloquid

02-11-2013

This is off-topic, but I just can't help but notice that any major change Riot brought since end of S1 was complete and utter failure, culminating with removal of old TT map and introduction of new one that is super stupid, S3 penetration and itemization change and this idiotic ranked system.

Lazenby

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
Interesting...now to get out of silver 5
Yeah, I would feel better if a rioter posted about how they intend to fix the gross mismatches the system is generating at lower tiers.

90% of games are roflstomps.

Tbird

02-11-2013

bump