Digi-Art Orianna

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gingerzap

02-09-2013

This is both my first post aaaaand my entry for the digi-art competition
I saw all the wonderful artwork, and lost all hopes of winning anything - but I had so much fun doing this piece that by the end of it, I didn't even care.

I've never actually finished a digital artwork before, mostly because the only tablets I have access to are at my university - and are a pain to get my hands on. However, I loved doing this so much, I plan on biting the bullet and buying my own tablet now.

All in all, I'm really proud of this because of the inspiration I had, and how inspired I now am to do more! The champion I chose was Orianna, because she's the best, and because I love her. I chose to incorporate the Ohmwrecker, due to it's story.

Any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated, I don't plan on altering this any more, as it's finished - but I'd love any feedback you guys have so my next projects have better results!

~~~~~

Perhaps as a test - if you guys could try and figure out the story behind this piece, it'd be an awesome way for me to tell if I got across my points.

Thanks!

~~~~~

Vargis

02-09-2013

My main issue is the item itself. It is so far in the background it looks like it was quickly placed there after everything was finished before you forgot you needed an item.

gingerzap

02-09-2013

Well, I actually kind of planned the whole thing with that in mind >.> My original concept :

In order to prepare for Season 3, Orianna and the ball travel back to Piltover, to a dark workshop, where they await upgrades for the battles to come.

As you might know, Orianna (the human) was killed by a turret while she was training. The Ohmwrecker protects the user from a turret blast for a little while.

The nifty fact about this piece is that, out of madness or other means, Orianna's 'father' is developing the Ohmwrecker in the background - an item that would have saved his daughter's life.