Elise and Darius.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sagesse

02-09-2013

Hi GD,

I have a serious question.. I really don't know how to counter Elise and Darius top lane. I understand that they're bullies but I don't know..

Like Elise. Even if I build MR she still bursts me down. The same goes for Darius I build HP and Armor but he still bullies me.

Any tips?

TinyHugeMonster

02-09-2013

Darius is broken as hell, you MUST play one ranged top laner or you will be underfarmed.

Elise is all about his stunt. Just dodge it.

Chibodee Crocket

02-09-2013

To counter Darius play Elise iunno about countering Elise though.

Irelia Carries U

02-09-2013

avoid her web, usually high mobility champions with gap closers give elise a hard time (irelia, riven, etc), and for darius, jayce does really well against him, the key is winning early

Sagesse

02-09-2013

Thanks guys. I've been reading guides and stuff saying that certain champs counter those two top lane, but it just never works..

TrollForALiving

02-09-2013

play singed vs darius and all in him at 6, u win hard
play nasus (the dog) vs elise u can farm here spidderlings

A Dolphin

02-09-2013

Anyone ranged will destroy Darius.

For Elise, just play Mordekaiser. You get extra shields if she tries to duel you in spiderform with spiderlings out.

Cartod

02-09-2013

There are so many counters to Darius right now it makes my head spin.

You have 3 ways to beat Darius. You can outrange him, outdamage him, or survive him.

Jayce, Kayle, Kennen, and Elise all beat him. You have to be a little careful on Kayle and Jayce though.

Volibear, Olaf(This is a really close one), and Renekton will all beat him in fights for the first 10ish minutes of the game, which is when he's most threatening.

Not very many champions sport the kind of sustain you need to survive Darius. Notable choices include Cho'Gath, Nasus (You need lifesteal quints and armor reds/yellows to get away with this on the doggie, and you must be mindful of ganks), and Udyr.

However, the most important thing to do against Darius is not eat his Qs. Most Darius' are not good at the game (Because most people aren't good at the game, myself included), and will use Q as harass and wave clear. No, that is wrong. Darius is best when he can use all of his skills at once to stack his passive, then chase his opponent all the way to their tower. If you notice him use his Q to farm, that's your chance to either make a play on him, or farm safely.(You have to farm even when he has it up, but you can at least feel better about getting close to him with his Q down).

Darius is what bad top laners use to beat other bad top laners, because of how simple his kit is. If you understand how to exploit his weaknesses, and are mindful of his strengths, he's not a scary laner at all.

Adultratedhydra

02-09-2013

Champs ive beaten darius with: Xin, Pantheon, Jayce, Kayle, Jax, Any ranged champions and probably other champions i dont own.

Beating Darius is all about not making mistakes.

Cartod

02-09-2013

On the subject of Elise, she beats my usual roster of tops and I hate her.