Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Feedback] Sona Art

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BendyBread

02-09-2013

Hey PBE people/Reds

First of I do love the artwork. The colours, the flow, the background, the detail. It's all wonderful.

The only problem is the actual head. Not only does her right (her right, our left) pony tail thing look kind of weirdly placed/flowing, but her head just has this unnatural and uncomfortable looking tilt to it.

Artwork - http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UsfBupymiMg/URarf1jHjpI/AAAAAAAABqs/UOibG_v5a-I/s1600/Sona_Splash_0.jpg
In-game HUD icon - http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-r-6Ap8he41A/URavFY5XjCI/AAAAAAAABq0/TZvbaEYSHp8/s1600/Sona_Square_0.png

It just feels like her head needs to be more "up" by like 30 degrees, and she might need to face more slightly forwards.
Like I said it's an AMAZING artwork, but the head really is distractingly uncomfortable. Kind of in the same way that the Lux artwork looked 'broken' before you guys took it away and touched it up.

Just some feedback, would love to hear what some reds, or just other posters think!

KiyoSpirit

02-09-2013

Her eyes need to be fixed. They look alien right now because we can't see the whites.

Ferreira Pedro

02-10-2013

The art looks great. Stop making things up just so you have something to say.

BendyBread

02-10-2013

Quote:
Ferreira Pedro:
The art looks great. Stop making things up just so you have something to say.

It's called having an opinion, you see, cause not everyone thinks the same thing.

If you can't handle the basic concept of a forum, then hush.
Edit: Not to mention I praised the artwork as being well done. But there are obvious things that can be done to make it better.
There is always room for improvement.

SlumlordThanatos

02-10-2013

Quote:
Solatoral:
It's called having an opinion, you see, cause not everyone thinks the same thing.

If you can't handle the basic concept of a forum, then hush.

I second this opinion.

One of the things I liked about the old Sona art was that the light source was in front of Sona, instead of behind her. The colors on her really stood out, and were bright and beautiful.

Now, I like the new art, but the colors don't pop out at me like they used to. Her entire front half (and especially her face) is in shadow, because the light source is behind her. This makes everything darker, and not nearly as vibrant. It gives her a halo effect, but I don't really care for it.

All that is needed is to touch up the colors to be a bit brighter. It shouldn't be a difficult project.

Ferreira Pedro

02-10-2013

The head isn't distracting, it's called a focal point.

Hymn of the Wolf

Recruiter

02-10-2013

I actually find the way her head is tilting to seem entirely normal. Nothing about that really seems off to me. Overall the artwork is gorgeous, and I think it really has life to it, which is great. The only issue I see is what KiyoSpirit stated, her eyes do look a tad creepy since we cannot see the whites at all.