Riot, I'm giving you one more patch before I contribute to what's ruining dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiptonSwagger View Post
Out of curiosity (as a player relatively new to dominion) what's to prevent having a dedicated "kassadin killer" in the mid area. A random idea would be nocturne, who could spellshield his silence, permaslow with phage/frozen mallet, and ult to catch him when he tries to run. Obviously the kassadin killer would have to be fairly good to keep up and there aren't tons of champions that could pull it off, but a roamer that focuses on negating kassadin's effect by lurking in bushes and jumping him every time he tries to gank would reduce his power. Another alternative would be leblanc who could chain silence him (engage from bush to prevent him silencing first) to prevent his leaps and silence and even chase him if he runs. I mean, they wouldn't render him completely useless, but...?
I've found a few tricks for dealing with Kassadin (but nothing extremely concrete).

My person favorite is playing Fizz and baiting Kassadin into dueling me. Most Kassadins are usually stupid enough to try it, and fail to realize that Fizz outduels them. Usually only works once or twice, but it's still satisfying.

Talon with ignite can jump on Kassadin and instagib him - provided he builds no armor. As soon as he does, this doesn't work anymore.

LeBlanc's 4 seconds of silence + 1 second root help in dealing with him if she catches him. The issue is that she needs a friend with her to help finish off Kassadin. Kass' passive + RoA and BFT make it impossible for LeBlanc to finish off Kassadin before he rift walks away into the next health relic.

Nocturne doesn't work because most Kassadins are going to try and engage him one on one. As soon as Noct engages on him Kass can riftwalk over a wall (and in many cases out of LoS). Global ults like Noct, and Panth can help alleviate some of the pain Kass' mobility provides, but only once every few minutes. Often times Kass can simply riftwalk back out and go back to top while your Panth/Noct are stuck bot. They get back to the action much more slowly than Kass does.

The issue with all of these "counters" is that if Kassadin has half a brain, he won't fall prey to them.

A12MO12

02-11-2013

Can't remember the last time I played kassadin. Whenever I see someone in blind pick him on my team I try to talk them out of playing him. Half the time they will choose another champ and half the time they don't care that they are spamming him. Honestly I like doing in house draft more then blind pick now. Nearly every game there is kassadin, jayce, kass and even if they don't have the best build they will still do well due to the strength of those champions.

DiscworldDeath

02-11-2013

I've played Kass 4 times in SR over the last two weeks.

My K/d/a is about 12/3/13.

It feels good, and it feels like I earned it too.

lbgsloan

02-11-2013

I know disabling champions opens up the slippery slope to `why not just disable ALL to super OPs`, but Kass is a severe problem on Dom and Riot won`t do anything because he isn`t OP on SR. It`s been a year of him dominating, there is clearly no secret counter to him outside of playing in-house and banning him. He really just needs to go. It`s an easy fix and it doesn`t bother anyone in other game modes.

Unfortunately, as noted, it seems all support has been pulled from Dom for another season. If nothing more changes and ARAM gets a queue at some point I don`t think Dominion will last another year.

BloodyGumz

02-11-2013

People who only play dom just suck at sr. Stop complaining. You're barely playing league

BeefJerkyHunter

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Carnage View Post
People who only play dom just suck at sr. Stop complaining. You're barely playing league
Oh ho ho ho ho.... sounds like we've got someone who's sour about Dominion.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2013

Quote:
Have fun in your Silver IV bro. umad?

KaWraith

02-11-2013

Quote:
Because most of the top dominion people aren't gold ranked and up... oh wait, they are.
Having looked up your stats: http://lolmatches.com/player/na/24292181/Rapid+Carnage
I think that's about all that needs to be said.
Its pathetic enough that you are trying to troll, but there are very simple and obvious ways for anyone to go and find your actual game stats and call you on it. It just makes you look dumb.

Koravel

02-11-2013

Quote:
LOL.

Buddy, when I go to play SR with friends, (hasn't been in a long, long time), I play my best. I freely admit I am not as good at last hitting creeps as I am at, you know, killing the other team.

You may prefer your 30+ minutes of PvE with one or two big teamfights at the end of the game, while the rest of us prefer constant teamfights from 30 seconds in. It's a matter of preference. I may think you have a very boring preference, but its yours. Please refrain from insulting mine.

We could also turn this on its head. I guarantee you that a team who only plays SR would get roflstomped by practically anyone who was in the DD tourney.

Malah

02-11-2013

Oh, that's far too merciful. Most of those people have manners.

Let's just toss them into tryhard Elo and watch them burn.