Riot, I'm giving you one more patch before I contribute to what's ruining dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

02-09-2013

We were told a while back that Kassadin was going to get nerfed. It's been a while now. I'm not sure if it's been 1 or 2 patches, but it's been a while.

Since before this post, and after if I've been making threads pleading, and begging for riot to come to a solution for Kassadin. It's gotten to the point where every single round has a Kassadin. People who hate the champion, and want him gone are now starting to pick him because of how likely it is that he'll show his ugly overpowered face. In many cases, the team with the better Kassadin is the one that ends up winning.

On top of that, I'm starting to find SR more fun than dominion. 20 minutes of farming + 10 minutes of dancing around and not engaging for 1 epic teamfight is more fun than 25 minutes of frustration outplaying your opponent completely and losing.

I haven't touched Kassadin in about a year. I lose AP assassins like LeBlanc and Fizz, but I've never even thought of resorting to him.

Here's what I have to say about that. People who are against Kass spammers, have begun spamming Kass so that way they can compete. Naturally this is only going to get worse with time. More and more people are going to pick Kassadin if no one on their team hasn't. I am going to turn into one of those people.

So. Next patch I better see Kassadin being gutted. And I mean like, anihilated. He might become balanced on dominion if you were to do this. If you don't I will also add to the Kass spam and add to the problem.

And I'm counting the early patch notes that get released on reign of gaming.

Thank you .

Orphane

02-09-2013

Much worse than your usual standard

FDru

02-09-2013

Wasn't there an ARAM tournament a couple weeks ago with over 400 teams signed up? What was the highest Dominion tourney turnout, 18 teams?

Just... try to wrap your head around that. It's not hard to see why Riot doesn't care about Dominion.

Genericke

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Wasn't there an ARAM tournament a couple weeks ago with over 400 teams signed up? What was the highest Dominion tourney turnout, 18 teams?

Just... try to wrap your head around that. It's not hard to see why Riot doesn't care about Dominion.
I love you, but you also make me really depressed sometimes :/.

Malah

02-09-2013

Riot neglects Dominion out of simple preference. Their design philosophy is that they put in the game what they want to, because they're players and clearly account for what the community wants. I am not joking, that's only slightly paraphrased from what Rioters have said on different occasions recently. Runaan said almost exactly that with less biting wording, actually.

Rioters don't play Dominion, they don't hear about it, and most of them probably don't know anything about it. Therefore, they don't want to do anything with Dominion because nobody in the company actually cares about the mode as players. For other maps that Are Not SR, ARAM and TT are actually played by some people in Riot and the maps aren't so dramatically different that some SR people spill over just to screw around and find out that it's decent to play. ARAM doesn't have matchmaking to thoroughly turn people off by low-Elo trolls (which is one gigantic argument against giving it a queue) and there isn't the same burden of knowledge that Dominion slaps you in the face with (Summoner/Champion/Item balance are completely different in some areas and the playstyle is nothing like the other side).

Nome has thoroughly jumped ship at this point as far as I care, if anyone thinks that he's actually a refutation. On that note, who are you expecting to read this?

Rewenger

02-09-2013

Nome said that he isn't doing anything because there's not enough playerbase, while doing nothing to make it grow. Da irony. It won't really make an extraordinary grow by itself.

CallMeTaste

02-09-2013

Meh, I'm going to turn to kass too..

Koravel

02-09-2013

I feel you Genericke. I too haven't touched Kass on dominion in a long long time. I'm not sure how much longer I'm giving Riot, but if something isn't done soon, they are losing me as a player. Not just a dom player, I will give up LoL entirely and move to something else because SR just isn't fun for me after playing Dom. It is simply not fun to have Kassadins in every single game and the fact that he is so broken. I can spend more time playing Path of Exile for much less frustration.

Probably would have to find a MOBA too, maybe Dota 2 or Smite. This Kassadin problem is going to kill Dominion if Riot doesn't do something about it. Normally I'm very much against ultimatum threads, but I can empathize with you completely on this one.

naotasan

02-09-2013

I have pretty much quit League all together recently. I'm only playing right now to get my win of the day (usually by bots). There's way too many Kassadins for me to actually enjoy this game.

The way Riot is treating Dominion is just straight up embarrassing for their company.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2013

sad thing is when they do nerf kas the crowd will just find a new champion to wine about

and the journey starts all over again -_-