Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Ranked System - Why so Unforgiving?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Most Mad NA

02-09-2013

I'm wondering what others people opinion is on this. Why is the new ranked system so unforgiving? The amount of effort it takes to move up a division is insane. You have to go on big winning streaks just to get to your promotion series. Once you have higher LP, you sometimes have to win 5+ games (in a row) to reach 100. And if you lose your series anyways, you lose it all and have to start over from a lower amount.

I feel like losing has such higher consequences. All it takes is one loss while at 0LP and you are back down a division at 50LP. You have to win a huge amount of games to reach 100 and on top of that, win your series match! I'm just so confused with this new ranked system. It makes no sense to me and it feels too unforgiving in comparison to what you get for winning.
Sincerely, a Silver 2-3 ish player (Until Recently :S).

Most Mad NA

02-09-2013

Bump cause I'm so confused.

Most Mad NA

02-09-2013

Bump

Serene Grace

02-09-2013

Because once you move up a league you can't fall back down. If it's so easy then everyone would be diamond before the end of this season.

inQuest

02-09-2013

In the old ranked system:

---> Upgrades your medal with 50 points.
---> There were 7 divisions.
---> If you wanted to go up 100 points, you needed 7 to 10 wins in your balance. E.G. 20 wins and 10 loses in any order.

In the new ranked system:

---> Upgrades your medal with 100 points plus 2 wins.
---> There are 5 divisions but, E.G, Gold V Division is equivalent to 1400 ELO in old ranked system. This means that the divisions are more accessible.
----> Upgrade your division means 100 LP = 5 - 7 wins + 2 wins.

In other words, the new system and the old system are the same about the measure of the ability. However, strangely has an effect on players, you see on your division only 50 players and arises in you a desire to overcome them.
So, The new system aims to motivate the ranked games.

Resimer

Recruiter

09-12-2013

Its annoying how the points lost though are so much greater then the points won, getting a game with an AFK is frustrating because Ill have to win 2 or 3 games to make up for the point loss from that one game