Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[game][major]Cannot interact with HUD or cast spells

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zielmann

02-09-2013

Just noticed this in an ARAM, and went back in by myself to see if I could reproduce it. Turns out it is pretty easy to do. I noticed that the search bar in the shop now says to press [ctrl]+something to search. Now, I know that Enter used to do this, meaning you couldn't get to the chat box while shopping. So I hit enter, and sure enough the chat box came up. Woot. But after this, I couldn't cast anything at all, or move my health potions. But I could still move around the map. On further investigation, it looks like it gets stuck thinking I'm still typing in the chat when I'm not.

How to produce the bug:
- Open the shop
- Hit Enter (brings up chat box)
- Type to put something in the chat send line, but DO NOT send it
- Hit Escape without sending the typed text (closes the shop and appears to deselect the chat box)

You now will not be able to move items in your inventory or cast spells at all.

Fortunately, I figured out how to get control back. Hit Escape a second time. I think its looking for you to hit Escape once to close the shop and a second time to get out of the chat window.

namora

02-09-2013

Thanks Ziel for finding this. Great job. <3

~Summoner namora, of the lower case.

gsuttles1

02-16-2013

that didnt work for me

gsuttles1

02-16-2013

i tried everything to see my chat box during a game but i cannot see it

gsuttles1

02-16-2013

i tried everything to see my chat box during a gmae and i cant see it please help

Zielmann

02-23-2013

Updated OP with one more important detail. It seems like it only happens if you've actually typed something into the chat send line before hitting escape (but don't actually send it).

I was just testing for this again, since there have been a couple updates since I first posted this thread. Definitely still there.

Zielmann

02-26-2013

Bump. Still happening even after the latest patch.