I'm better than 96% of ranked players. AMA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CarePoliceLoL

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaCalibur View Post
They matched everyone based on the old elo system. But afterwards are taking everyone from there onto a new role of things. More games you play the easier it gets to settle things in. That's all the old ELO system was for in this new system. A little of a pre-arranger for everyone.
No. It's still the same system. There is no system that rewards you based on how well you did during some game. I don't know where you base your information but you are not correct.

Tiers, Divisions and League Points are only visuals to show "skill rating" in a less straightforward way to you than simply displaying a number. And they depend on your elo and nothing more. And elo depends on your wins and loses.

Irisaurus Rex

02-10-2013

james stop bumping this :[

NinjaCalibur

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarePoliceLoL View Post
No. It's still the same system. There is no system that rewards you based on how well you did during some game. I don't know where you base your information but you are not correct.

Tiers, Divisions and League Points are only visuals to show "skill rating" in a less straightforward way to you than simply displaying a number. And they depend on your elo and nothing more. And elo depends on your wins and loses.
I only found out about this because of Riot thanks. Stop trying to base an argument on your mere opinions of what you "think" is going on lol. Riot has been preaching this among every post that people make about how they hate the new system and such. Plz do some reading. Don't argue with the game makers. They're pretty much 1000% right over someone who has no idea what they are talking about.

Camen Sieder

02-10-2013

I still think taric is a better pick over soraka!

Sturmritter

02-10-2013

Soraka: Me so Horny!

No, that's just a bananna. Kind of like that logic when it comes to being cocky?

CarePoliceLoL

02-10-2013

Quote:
I only found out about this because of Riot thanks. Stop trying to base an argument on your mere opinions of what you "think" is going on lol. Riot has been preaching this among every post that people make about how they hate the new system and such. Plz do some reading. Don't argue with the game makers. They're pretty much 1000% right over someone who has no idea what they are talking about.
You don't know how elo system works and you don't realize all Riot could do is some minor tweaks to make it better for team game.

I read all Riot posts about new system and I have never seen a single Riot post about things you are saying like basing your score on how well you did during X game. It's still all about wins and loses.

I am not arguing with game makers it's their game and they can do whatever they want with it. I'm just explaining to you how this new system works and maybe if you knew basic math you would understand it by now. This new system is just visuals that cover the old system and nothing more.

Mourrirdeux

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just me Soraka View Post
Attachment 611075
http://www.lolsummoners.com/search?r...just+me+soraka

Now to clarify, I'm not saying I'm 96% better than you are as a player.
I may only be 10% better than you.
But its enough to get me where I am, and I'll be higher soon.
You may be ranked on that website as better than the first two 47% with interest but you're still not part of the 1%

NinjaCalibur

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarePoliceLoL View Post
You don't know how elo system works and you don't realize all Riot could do is some minor tweaks to make it better for team game.

I read all Riot posts about new system and I have never seen a single Riot post about things you are saying like basing your score on how well you did during X game. It's still all about wins and loses.

I am not arguing with game makers it's their game and they can do whatever they want with it. I'm just explaining to you how this new system works and maybe if you knew basic math you would understand it by now. This new system is just visuals that cover the old system and nothing more.
That last part you said "I'm just explaining to you how this new system works", that's what I'm doing for you lol.

The ELO system is gone. Or well rather, I should say the ELO system is no longer just by itself anymore. While we still have an indicator for performance from wins and losses, Riot had said they added a few new things to help better indicate a more realistic performance indicator rather than the Win/Loss system by itself. The LKS score.
You ever wondered why we no longer see simple Wins/Losses for our champions or our overall gameplay anymore? That was when we just had a simple Win/Loss system. The LKS indicator adds more to it. You have a win/loss performance, but you also have an average KDA that determines your performance as well. It's not JUST based on Winning and Losing anymore. Why do you think lolking is different now on stats? Only shows champion history of Kills, Deaths, Assists, Creep Score? The new instrument measures a mixture of your Wins and Losses combined with your average overall performance in your games. If you are losing games with good averages it will not penalize you like a simple ELO Win/Loss system does. Same goes vice versa. And you will be able to move through the ranking system much better with this system. Once enough games have been played, it will become easier to see you're truly, TRULY where you belong in your division/leagues. Right now it is still new, you have people carried from the old broken ELO system and being thrown into a placement holder based on that old system. So you may still see people who may not belong in specific places. But it will even out as time goes on.
The main reason the Win/Loss result stats are no longer a matter anymore are literally because they are not the only thing that matter anymore. And BECAUSE you can still measure up regardless of if you lose or not, so long as you did well? There is no need to even bother showing a person's overall Win/Loss ratio since it won't say anything. Which is why the numbers are gone. Which is why you can't be shown it anymore. Even if you did see it, it wouldn't add up to why a person may be in the specific division/league they are in. Because the new system is too different for that plain old busted system. You won't be able to measure where a person is JUST off of their Win and Loss ratio anymore because it's not the only thing that factors in a person's overall performance. So it's unnecessary to show it.

By the way, please don't give me that **** that you've read through every single red post about the new system. You would of found this **** out ages ago if you literally read through every single post about it. There is no reason to be lying here. You don't even need to read them all to read just a couple of them that mention this whole thing. Hell even the actual site that discusses it talks about this. And the system itself has a Help section that informs people of this. How the hell could you be so lost and misinformed? If you ask me you're just looking for attention.

CarePoliceLoL

02-10-2013

Quote:
The ELO system is gone. Or well rather, I should say the ELO system is no longer just by itself anymore. While we still have an indicator for performance from wins and losses, Riot had said they added a few new things to help better indicate a more realistic performance indicator rather than the Win/Loss system by itself. The LKS score.
1) source on bolded part. A riot post plz.
2) wtf is LKS score? Because if you mean LoLking score then you are just stupid because Riot is in no way connected to LoLking. LoLking is 3rd party site and they can have whatever score they want with whatever numbers they want.

I didn't even read rest of your bs about how k/d/a matter because if you you were smarter than average ape (sadly you are not) you would figured out by now that giving people points based on their game performance (k/d/a) would promote people who play carries.

Wins and loses are the only thing that still matter even if you get carried 200 times with 0/10 score. Elo system is still there and working. Please get a brain.

Roydez

02-10-2013

And I'm better than you. Kneel please.
Got higher elo.