People dont report afks that arent on their team.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eaglewolf

02-07-2013

I dont get it, yet I have had some of these same people and a different game and they go all crazy when someone afks on their team...its not like its hard to report someone.

Golly

02-07-2013

I don't see it often anymore, but leveling my alt I encounter it occasionally.

Some people want to troll, and find enjoyment out of making people as mad as possible.

Some people don't want their win diminished, and would prefer to think it was their skill that won them the game, regardless of the afk.

Some people, because they aren't fueled by the anger of having an afk on their team, honestly believe that sometimes DC's happen, and do not want to punish someone for simply having connection issues.

It could be a mix of all of the above, but I find most people to fit into those categories.

I will always report an AFKer. If you have disconnect issues, then most likely it is limited and you will not end up in the tribunal due to repeat offenses. However, if someone habitually AFKs then it is likely they will end up in the tribunal.

I know AFK games suck. For me, it is not a fun game if either side has an AFK. This is what probably fuels me to report every one I see, regardless who's team it's on.

lbgsloan

02-07-2013

This isn't new unfortunately. People rarely report trolls and AFKs when it causes them to get a free win. It's like they don't remember all the games where it caused them to get a free loss.

That said, there are times when an DC is clearly not intentional (ie the player was doing well, team was winning, player rejoins a couple minutes later, etc.). I will not report for such matters regardless of who's team they were on. It happens sometimes. Unless I have seen them before and they DCed/AFKed before however; if you have garbage Internet you should not be playing any sort of game where a DC will also cause 4 others to lose the game.

Malah

02-07-2013

I don't report AFK/Leaving unless I've seen something to indicate malice. Leaverbuster is more than sufficient to catch the people skipping out on random games, I'm not going to waste my reports on someone who's not being a blatant ass. On the other hand, when I see malice, I report that and make an effort to talk my team into doing the same (meaning not say to and then immediately leave after the match).

NamKim

02-07-2013

Disconnections happen. As long as I know that it wasn't intentional, I have no reason to report them since if they have a habit of doing so, LeaverBuster will take care of them. Riot has confirmed that all Match-made games (including Dominion) are affected by LeaverBuster.

As for trolls, it goes without saying that I would report them. I just don't make a scene about it. Saying you're going to report something only encourages toxic players to become more toxic. Tell a person to stop, if they don't, repeat it one more time, if they keep doing it, just continue playing the game and report them at the end of the game. Just because I don't say I'm going to report the troll on the other team doesn't mean I won't.

Edit: However, showing me that it wasn't intentional is the person in question's duty. If this is a one time thing, doesn't matter, LeaverBuster will be generous to you. If you have having massive lag issues to the point of not being able to play, tell us about it before leaving. These things happen, we all understand being in a situation where the lag is so bad that it's better to just quit than attempting to play.

Eaglewolf

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malah View Post
I don't report AFK/Leaving unless I've seen something to indicate malice. Leaverbuster is more than sufficient to catch the people skipping out on random games, I'm not going to waste my reports on someone who's not being a blatant ass. On the other hand, when I see malice, I report that and make an effort to talk my team into doing the same (meaning not say to and then immediately leave after the match).
see thats the problem you should report them. Its up to the tribunal to decide if they deserve a ban for it. This is the biggest problem. Half these people wont say anything or if they are bots they just sit there "malice" is just a dumb excuse

Fabs457

02-07-2013

Sometimes i check Lolstats on ppl. who disconnect and occasionally I'll see a player with over 100+ disconnects. I'm unsure if the system actually works itself out unless there are many reports on the player for other things

Eaglewolf

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs457 View Post
Sometimes i check Lolstats on ppl. who disconnect and occasionally I'll see a player with over 100+ disconnects. I'm unsure if the system actually works itself out unless there are many reports on the player for other things
if they dc and keep rejoining leave buster doesnt count it

Bunnle

02-07-2013

Not my problem you guys have an afk!

lbgsloan

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglewolf View Post
if they dc and keep rejoining leave buster doesnt count it
There's a pretty generous grace period as well, and 4v5 Dominion games tend to end very, very swiftly. Basically if their name isn't red on the final screen, it means leaverbuster didn't count it.