Jungle Akali

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

str8up robbed

02-09-2013

A few quick questions about jungling Akali:

1. Akali is my first jungling champion. As I get better I acknowledge that it is more and more important that teams have a jungler and I would like to be able to fill that role for my team.

2. Respectively, I would like to be able to jungle without dying at blue everytime after going wolves (lol). Should I switch up my route? If so, what route should I take? Should I try to go wolves, wraiths, dub golems, wolves, blue...etc?

3. My summoner lvl is lvl 11 so I am obviously without a lot of the runes and masteries that guides online(solomid) require. How do I activate akali's passive with only these run slots/masteries? (if it is in fact, possible).

4. I greatly value respect. If you give me none I will also show you none. However if you answer in a courteous, informative fashion, I will return the gesture.

Thank you very much for your time and input,
Rob.

ROKAF JE

02-09-2013

Akali isn't a Jungling champion to be honest. Nobody does it because it's not efficient, and her pre-6 ganking is pretty bad, her safety is bad, and her counterjungling is bad.

You need to start off with +10 AD, +20 AP and manage to get at least 10 armour to start as well.
You could start blue, instead of wolves. Or clear all of your small camps twice, then do a buff round.

I highly doubt you'll be able to do all that with Tier 1 runes. Warwick or Nunu are most likely better choices.

I Love Slurpees

02-09-2013

Magic pen reds, ad quints, armor yellows, your choice blues. You really shouldnt jungle her though. So weak and such slow clear

str8up robbed

02-09-2013

I've seen a few videos with her jungling on youtube and it got me excited :/

So you're suggesting I either not jungle at all with her or I use my runes to somehow get +10 AD, then build all defense masteries, and buy cloth +5p then back and get tome?

RedSn0w

02-09-2013

I wouldn't jungle Akali, she is much more effective in mid or top.

Romantic Metro

02-09-2013

tbh i would suggest a new jungler mate. akali is good for top and mid but the jung there is much better champs suited for it. sounds like you like burst champs and zed is a pretty good choice. he can clear fast and gank fast. Shen would be fun for you as well I think though he is more tanky thank burst. Ninja your way to victory! goodluck!

The Lonely Ward

02-09-2013

Ask for leash when geting blue... Akali jungle isn't very defensive, but she can clear it pretty quickly.

Pobbes

02-09-2013

I jungle akali fairly regularly. You cannot do it with lower tier runes. However, when you are higher level and want to run jungle akali this is what you need.
1. Flat AD Marks
2. Flat Armor Seals
3. Flat AP Glyphs
4. One Flat AD Quint. Two Spellvamp Quints.
5. Your masteries are 21/9/0 . Picking up the flat AD and flat AP in the offense tree and taking the spell penetration mastery.

When you jungle, you start with machete but you rush hextech gunblade, and build her like any other akali. Late game, the machete can be sold or turned into a Spirit of the Ancient Golem or Spirt of the Spectral Wraith depending on what you need to counter the enemy team.

The runes and masteries will give you both passives at level 1, and the extra spellvamp really helps her health for her jungle clears. It especially helps because spellvamp applies to the damge done by your smite spell. You level Q>E>Q>W and you can gank at level four using your W as a slow and protection as you gank for those 1st few ganks. However, jungle akali should focus on farming her way to 6 as fast as possible because once she hits 6 her ganks are unstoppable.

Counter jungling does suck for akali because she isn't a great duelist pre-6 and she should just run from other junglers for the most part. Still, she can have a tremendous impact on the game once she hits 6 and then most other junglers will run from her.

She can work and very well, but she has her advantages and disadvantages. Her main advantage being that people don't think you are going jungle. Main disadvantage being that strong counter junglers can ****** her level growth which will put her behind.

str8up robbed

02-10-2013

How do you guys feel about playing Vayne? Similar? High Burst fast movement speed?

I have gotten pretty comfortable with having to pick my battles.

ROKAF JE

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8up robbed View Post
How do you guys feel about playing Vayne? Similar? High Burst fast movement speed?

I have gotten pretty comfortable with having to pick my battles.

In the Jungle? She's not a jungler either, and her early game is pretty bad so she struggles. You'll be level 3 when everyone else is 7