Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PETITION: Do not change HP Bars

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ayrx

Recruiter

02-09-2013

Unnecessary worthless. change, Please do not change the HP bars.

Warrikon

02-09-2013

Actually... I beg to differ. After seeing the variables of what he could have done .... like here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=610963&d=1360453769 (not really important)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=611005&d=1360455687
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=611006&d=1360455691

these are... really good. Compared to what we have now, where high hp, your health bar is just a mesh of black and green... these are great.

Krosis7

02-09-2013

I agree, these HP bars is so confusing.

TheFinalAeon

02-09-2013

OR We could just NOT HAVE A SITUATION WHERE OUR HP COULD GET THAT HIGH.

Because, y'know, we could nerf League of Warmog's.

Relix the Fallen

02-09-2013

The new bars allow you to estimate actual hp values much more precisely without having to select the unit and look for numbers.

Robo19

02-09-2013

Quote:
TheFinalAeon:
OR We could just NOT HAVE A SITUATION WHERE OUR HP COULD GET THAT HIGH.

Because, y'know, we could nerf League of Warmog's.

Just played a game as cho'gath and still hit 5000 hp without warmog and that was only 1/2 build (4 items including boots...)
Warmogs was nerfed; they can nerf it more but it doesn't change the fact that players that want to stack hp still can.

Only item I feel that can take that name is league of blood thirsters; i'd say 9/10 ADC build one and because of its AD cost efficiency its a first item majority of the time. Bruisers, assassins. Plus the stacking is absurd; if 1 isnt bad enough 3 is just sickening! Just wish they nerfed it to how it was before; death = lose all stacks.

TheFinalAeon

02-09-2013

Quote:
Robo19:
Just played a game as cho'gath and still hit 5000 hp without warmog and that was only 1/2 build (4 items including boots...)
Warmogs was nerfed; they can nerf it more but it doesn't change the fact that players that want to stack hp still can.

Only item I feel that can take that name is league of blood thirsters; i'd say 9/10 ADC build one and because of its AD cost efficiency its a first item majority of the time. Bruisers, assassins. Plus the stacking is absurd; if 1 isnt bad enough 3 is just sickening! Just wish they nerfed it to how it was before; death = lose all stacks.

Cho's always been the exception to the Ridiculous Amounts of HP rule. But when you routinely see HP counts over 3k and 4k in matches, something needs to be done about the HP stacking.

LifeOver

02-09-2013

Make it an option in the settings then problem solved.

Zielmann

02-09-2013

The internet tends to be allergic to change, and resists it at all possible costs, even if the change is truly for the better.

This is one of those instances.

Sure, it's going to take a little time to get used to seeing just 2-3 bars at the start of the game. But I was pretty much comfortable with it about 10 minutes into the ARAM I played. The extra pronounced divisions at the 1k intervals also thew me off for a minute, but they really do make sense. You can look at the 4k HP target and actually estimate about how much HP is has. Right now, you just look at the green and black striped bar and say "yep, it's got a lot of HP"

DreadPirateLynx

02-09-2013

I definitely like the new thicker lines at 1k intervals, but having each bar representing 200 hp is something I'm not particularly fond of. I'd much prefer it if both regular divisions as well as the 1k ones had several user selected options. maybe 100 or 200 regular and 500 or 1k for the thicker ones.

EDIT: Actually I think the best idea would be to have different divisions for 100, 500, and 1k. That would pretty much give you all the info you could ask for.