Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What's the Definition of "Sh*t Talk?"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CalI Me Maybe

02-09-2013

Honestly I'm confused. Enemy player is saying "Report LeagueOfFail"

So this is what happened.. I was playing ARAM, and I had 4.5k gold and I literally walked into their team saying "4.5k kill me please," so I could buy stuff. And apparently that's considered **** talk... I don't get it... And they typed to me an essay trying to explain why it is **** talk.. So really, is it?

KnightMayre

02-09-2013

Basically to them you're telling them that they can't kill you in any way possible so you're letting them kill you so you can buy.
People get hurt over every little thing.

CalI Me Maybe

02-09-2013

I wasn't thinking in that point of view at ALL... o_o

CalI Me Maybe

02-09-2013

Oh well, whatever thanks I guess.

BloodScorpion74

02-09-2013

I don't think thats **** talk. **** talk would be "lol i have all this gold and u cant even kill me nub enemy" or something of that variety. All you did was ask for a death. Of course, this could be interpreted as sh*t talk by more paranoid players.

Maeyu

02-09-2013

Anything is considered it in tribunal anymore... everyone just sees to auto vote anymore. It's getting messy. However.. kiddos that think it is cool to cuss and harass stop in-game once they face punishment (Usually) Thanks to Lyte on that, but dbl edge sword... creates auto voters on tribunal, despite it NOT having a perk anymore

Averdrian

02-09-2013

It's when you smear the top of your mouth and maybe tounge with ****, then try to have a normal conversation.

Torwulf

02-09-2013

I can't even read what KnightMayre said into it. Some people are just funny, don't sweat it. :P

DropoftheGun

02-09-2013

Well, imagine someone saying it to you in the exact situation. That old saying "put yourself in their shoes" has some weight behind it.

You basically insulted their entire team's skill level. You didn't need to say anything in chat, you didn't even need to die. You could've just waited until they actually killed you and had even more gold.

Let your actions talk, not your words.