[Champion Concept] - Eurus, The Approaching Storm

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kronikmagii

02-20-2013

bump

Dzanio

02-22-2013

Lore; this is pretty interesting, although I think it might be more interesting if you tie it into the Rune War which ruined Urtistan (and thus brought Zileanís Lore into the equation). Would be a nice tie-in to existing game lore. On a side note, itís typical to place the Lore at the top of the post.

Passive: 50 auto attacks (for 100% regen) at ~.7 attacks/second = 1 min, 12 seconds to completely refill your mana bar from empty. Thatís a bit too strong by itself, much less when you add in the spell vamp. Iíd rebalance it so that it takes a few seconds to gain the full benefit of the mana regen (say 3 seconds Ė similar to a gragas passive), thus tripling the amount of time it takes to regain a full mana bar. Honestly Iíd drop the spell vamp and just leave it at mana regen (for reference Taricís passive gives him an extra 3.75 mana regen per auto attack, at lvl 1 (if you donít start a mana item Ė which intelligent players would) youíd be getting 5 Ė obviously this is a balance issue since your auto attacks are ranged and his are melee, so his should provide greater regen; his regen does not scale, yours does Ė this passive needs a serious nerf or rework).
Hidden Passive: Jannaís passive increases allied movespeed by 3%, buffing this to 4% is a 33% increase, which is too much for a hidden passive; Iíd make it so that it increases allied movespeed by a flat 1.

Q: Flat pen is pretty hard to balance, and the debuff duration is on the high side. Also your cd is rather low; w/ cdr youíd be stacking the pen, which would be really overpowered. Range is really high for the damage and utility; Iíd make this a short range poke mechanism.

W: So AoE blood boilÖ Check Hunterís Call (ww), or Rais Morale (gp) for similar abilities.

E: Sounds suspiciously like you took Vladís Sanguine Pool (which does not require buffs), and added Garenís Decisive Strike to it (also does not require buffs). Iíd make a new ability which is character unique and not so obviously overpowered.

R: AoE pulls have very low base damage, AoE Stuns have low base damage. You have an AoE pull, with high base damage, which stuns; look at Command: Shockwave (Oriís Ult); does basically the same thing; does half the damage in a smaller AoE, and provides a half second of stun instead of 3 seconds of stun. (Yes your ability is self centered, and needs higher rewards than hers since hers has range, no you have not balanced the tradeoffs).

Kronikmagii

02-28-2013

bump

PsylentFox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronikmagii View Post
{Abilities}
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Passive (Mana Tap): Eurus naturally has a flat amount of Spellvamp (15%) and also gains 2% of his Max Mana back with each successful basic attack.
The passive is too strong. Now if the values were reduced to 10% spellvamp and 0.50% mana return on his auto-attacks, then that would be more in line as a passive. Riot right now has a hatred of sustain in general, but that isn't nessecary a bad thing. If he can sustain his mana so efficiently by just auto-attacking, then it really cuts back on the ability for the enemy laner to counter-play. Especially since the base mana costs on his abilities are pretty low for the damage and utility they provide.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Hidden Passive (Thanks to Aevus Clumpus!) Due to Janna's ability to manipulate air, Eurus compliments her and her Passive is increased by and additional 1% for the team.(Friendly Only)
Hidden passives are only meant to be funny and not detract from the gameplay. When you increase the effectiveness of a champion's passive by 30%, then it is more powerful than it should be. Maybe a 0.30% bonus would be more likely.
Quote:
Q (Piercing Wind): After a short delay(.25 seconds), Eurus unleashes a blast of air that deals moderate magic damage to enemies in front of him.

-Type (Multiple Target, think of it like Xerath's Q)
-Amount(Damage - 80/120/160/200/240)(+0.6/AP)
-Buff/Debuff Value (5/10/15/25/35)
-Duration (in Seconds, 2/2.5/3/3.5/4)
-Range - 900
-Cost (55/65/75/85/95)
-Cooldown (in Seconds, 8/7.5/7/6.5/6)
-Target Type (Enemy, Minions and Champions)
The numbers on this skill need to be adjusted. You directly compare this ability to Xerath's but it is far superior in pretty much every way. Its mana costs are cheaper, its damage is better, its AP ratios are the same, and its cooldown is only one second longer overall. And not to mention it is a massive AOE armor debuff with values that are nothing to sneeze at. At max rank this skill alone could cut a burst caster, assassin, or ADC's total armor at 18 in half. Even in a level 1 trade, the two auto-attacks that you could get off (plus the minion damage during a trade) with the enemy laner missing 5 of their 13 starting armor is extremely good. Lower the base damage, increase the mana cost at earlier ranks, and change the armor debuff to a flat 20%. That would be more balanced.
Quote:
W (Upheaval): Eurus surrounds himself with violent winds lowering all nearby enemies attack speeds while boosting his own and any nearby Allies.

-Type (AoE)
-Buff/Debuff Type (Lowers nearby enemy attack speeds, boosts nearby teammate's attack speeds)
-Buff/Debuff Value (in percentages, 10/14/18/22/26)
-Duration (4/5/6/7/8)
-AoE Radius - 300
-Cost (50/60/70/80/90)
-Cooldown (In seconds, 12/11.5/11/10.5/10)
I would increase the mana costs at all ranks, but increase the radius of the AOE to about 400 units so it can be more effective in teamfights.
Quote:
E (Dissipate): Upon activation Eurus breaks free of any Debuffs/Solws currently on him and begins turning into a cloud of gas allowing him to ignore unit collision and deal magic damage every second to nearby enemies while slowing them on contact. Additionally, Eurus gains increased movement speed and for the first half of the duration Eurus is untargetable.

-Type (AoE, Escape)
-Amount(Damage/second - 35/55/75/95/115)(+0.4/AP)
-Movement Speed Buff (30% static for all levels)
-Buff/Debuff Type (Slow)
-Buff/Debuff Value (in percentages, 20/25/30/35/40)
-Duration of Dissipate(in seconds, 2/2.5/3/3.5/4)
-Duration of Slow(in seconds, 2/2.5/3/3.5/4)
-DoT Radius - 250
-Cost (60/75/90/105/120)
-Cooldown (in seconds, 12/11/10/9/8)
Nice to see another non-ultimate 'untargetable' type ability. Although it is too good. While it doesn't heal like GP's oranges, it is a free cleanse + Fiora ultimate every 12/11/10/9/8 seconds. While the base damage is fine, the ability power needs to be adjusted, as a 1.2 AP on a DOT at max rank is too strong. A .20 ratio per second is more reasonable, especially since you want your players to build Ability power on him. I would honestly remove the 'untargetable' status of the ability, as it can be abused if he is still able to auto-attack and cast his abilities while 'untargetable'. Also, the cooldowns should be adjusted to 20/18/16/14/12 seconds at a minimum, while it may not heal like Oranges, it does deal a good deal of damage as well. I think you have too many attributes in one skill, damage, cc cleanse, untargetable
Quote:
R (Calamity): Eurus summons a self-imploding vortex that slows all enemies inside it and pulls them towards the center. After 3 seconds the vortex shatters dealing magic damage to each enemy inside of it depending on how close they were to the center. The force of the explosion stuns all enemies struck by the blast.

-Type (AoE)
-Amount(Damage at center - 300/450/600)(+0.5/AP)
-Buff/Debuff Type (Stun)
-Duration of Stun (in seconds, 2/2.5/3)
-AoE Radius - 400/500/600
-Cost (100/100/100)
-Cooldown (in seconds, 90/75/60)
The cooldown on such a powerful AOE ability that could potentially trap an entire team. Have it slow all enemy champions within it by a set amount, but pulling them towards the center of the ability can be a bit much. Also, that would be the longest stun in the game. Aside from a Ashe arrow from across the map. Adjust the mana costs to 100/125/150 in order to account for the increased range, and shorten the stun to a flat 1.5 seconds.

Quote:
{Base Stats}

Base Health - 420(+85/level, 1950)
Base Mana - 260(+50/level, 1160)
Base Attack Damage - 50(+3.5/level, 113)
Base Attack Speed - 0.625(+3.0%/level)
Attack Range - 550
Base Armor - 11(+4/level, 83)
Magic Resistance - 30(+0/level, 30)
Movement Speed -355 (I set this higher than a normal mage for the reason that he is basically wind, so it wouldn't fit him to be slow)
I would adjust his armor per level, as it gives him bruiser armor for a ranged AP caster. His movespeed should be around 340-345 as well, as his abilities have long range, he has a 550 auto-attack range, and he can run like the best of the melee bruisers? Base HP and HP per level are also too high given his range, damage output, and ability to escape CC and damage.

Here is my review of your champion. Please take a look at my champion Inazuma, the Lightning's Edge and you can look at the LOLwiki page that I spent hours making as well. That would be greatly appreciated!

Kilar

03-31-2013

Passive: I think the spell vamp at 15% is a bit high for a passive but I like the basic attacks restoring mana, my only idea how to balance this would be to make the ap damage lower so its balanced with the mana restore.

Q: Is this ability able to hit multiple enemies? or is it a one target skill shot, I think it should be a skill shot that hits multiple enemies for some aoe. Pretty average idea.

W: I like the name of this ability but I think the skill needs to be changed to match the name. The violent winds should do damage to enemies close enough to the surrounding champion or turret, this champ could be jannas step brother or something.

E: Really like this ability reminds me of a controlled singed gas with the ability to be untargetable can help escape or be used to gank nice idea.

R: This ultimate and the E are the best and most original abilities really like them a lot.

Stats: I am not too good with the stats but things seem pretty balanced to me nice ideas.
Lore: Overall pretty nice I like the story I can get into the story and it makes me want to learn more about the champion.

Overall: I like all the work and effort you put into the champ it really shows. Nice work continue to improve and good luck with your champ.

Kronikmagii

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilar View Post
Passive: I think the spell vamp at 15% is a bit high for a passive but I like the basic attacks restoring mana, my only idea how to balance this would be to make the ap damage lower so its balanced with the mana restore.

Q: Is this ability able to hit multiple enemies? or is it a one target skill shot, I think it should be a skill shot that hits multiple enemies for some aoe. Pretty average idea.

W: I like the name of this ability but I think the skill needs to be changed to match the name. The violent winds should do damage to enemies close enough to the surrounding champion or turret, this champ could be jannas step brother or something.

E: Really like this ability reminds me of a controlled singed gas with the ability to be untargetable can help escape or be used to gank nice idea.

R: This ultimate and the E are the best and most original abilities really like them a lot.

Stats: I am not too good with the stats but things seem pretty balanced to me nice ideas.
Lore: Overall pretty nice I like the story I can get into the story and it makes me want to learn more about the champion.

Overall: I like all the work and effort you put into the champ it really shows. Nice work continue to improve and good luck with your champ.

Ive tweaked the passive multiple times but i may just rework it as people always say it is too op somehow lol.

YEs the Q is able to hit multiple enemies, its funtionality is similar to Xerath's Q.

I haven't gotten around to it yet but i will end up balancing out the numbers(damage/cooldown/cost/etc)

W the idea was to make this a buff ability instead of having his whole kit nothing but damage. I originally had it deal damage but it seemed too much.

Thanks for the E compliment.

his R, yeah I need to explain it a bit better since some people dont understand it like i want them to, thanks though!

Akasho93

04-01-2013

I will cut it short and hope you take it lightly ^^.

Passiv: Morgana+(old) Taric passiv just way stronger. 2% Mana on each AA is pretty strong. Someone already mentioned Taric and I agree. Reduce the amount and make it flat Mana. Also consider another mechanic. Like you have to hit the same target 3 times to get the Mana, that would make you targetable if you use it the wrong time. All in all it gives too much sustain.

Hidden Passiv: Like others already said it's too strong. Just leave it at +1 MS for him and Janna.

Q: Flat pen is way to strong and if you go for CDR this will be permanently. After that skill i know that he would be more sup than APC so maybe you should make it his prior role. Change it to % so you affect tanks more than the rest.

W: 20% CDR and it's permanently (Nunu just got nerfed so he wouldn't do it). I suggest a higher CD. Still think this synergies (does it give that wourd in english <.<) well with the E and that's fine.

E: GP+Vlad+Kennen skills = this skill. Way too much things in on skill. MS boost, untargetable, slow, remove CC, DMG. Also 4 s slow AFTER you aren't using it anymore is pretty hard. And again way too low CD I would suggest to double the CD. Consider to remove one or another effect of this spell.

R: Reminds me of Panth+Zyra+Ori ult. Even if the DMG decreases it's still a bit too strong (take Panth ult for reference). Too hard CC combo. At least cut the stun in half or make it a knock up like Zyra's. Just because you can escape in normal circumstances doesn't mean you can in a TF and also note that not every champ has an escape <.< (and think how J4 players must feel ^^). Together with an Amumu ult you get about 5s of stun if you leave it at that D:. Increase the CD and take other mass CC ults for example (Sona ult, Zyra ult, Amumu ult etc.)

I like the lore as it is but I think it's pretty narcissistic to say that "More powerful than all of the other Elementals, the Air Elementals...". ^^

Oh well that was it for now.

Ah and here is Oto, the Magic Marksman if you would consider looking at him

Savos Aren

04-01-2013

I find that your champion would be completely eligible with just a few tweaks.

Passive- 15% spell vamp is extremely strong to begin with, maybe if you just tweak it a little to make it scale as he levels or something different so that it won't be overpowering early game but still really good late game

Q- The Q seems very well balanced. There's nothing to be done here.

W- The Buff/Debuff percentages I think are fine, but in my opinion I think the duration of it at rank 5 might just be a little OP. I love the ability overall, but using this ability during the late game while your ADC is around might be a little overpowering.

E- I find this ability extremely interesting! I always enjoy seeing something new, but I find the duration of Dissipate might be a little bit overpowered towards the mid and late game because of its utility and its slow when you hit enemy units. This makes Eurus quite untouchable, just tweak the duration of it just a little bit and it will be perfect.

R- I think the ratios and base damage are comepletely fine, but the duration of it at rank 3 (3 seconds) is a bit overpowered! Amumu's Curse of the Sad Mummy is at 2 seconds, although 2 seconds sounds extremely short, a 2 second stun as the potential to turn the tides of a fight... Imagine how many team fights you could win with a 3 second stun? XD All in all, I think Eurus's ult would be perfect, just maybe a little tweak in his stun duration!

-Savos Aren

KoutaNage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2013

Kool Champion!
Jumping straight into this.

Passive:
The problem with this is at level 18, he gains 23 mana each auto attack with just the base mana pool, meaning only takes 4 auto attacks to refund one spell cast. Thinking of other champions that have similar effect. Jayce only gains 14 each strike, and takes Nunu five hits to gain a free spell cast, but they are both melee ( Jayce get's the mana back in melee form). So considering that fact, make it 1% or try something a little different, maybe something like the distance you are from the mob determines the return, 3% at 125 range to 1% at 550.

Q:
As others have mentioned, the duration is to long for the CD, if someone had 40% CDR, it would have a CD of 3.6, even with the short delay on cast that's to good of an up time for such debuff/buffs. Another thing is, Riot has moved away from flat reduction values for armor and MR, and seem to aim at percents now, i suggest you follow this?

W:
Same Problem as with you're Q, the debuff/buff has a two second up time over the CD if you have 40% CDR.Other then that the spell works fine, maybe just reduce the duration of these debuffs because they are pretty long maybe 5-6 for W and just 3 for Q., imho.

E:
Seems alright, just 8 second CD on untargetable seems a little unfair, at least bring it up to 12 at rank 5.

R:
I like the idea, infact my character has something simialr, it's just a 60 second cd that can shut down a whole team for 3 seconds is very scary. Yes there is a 3 second delay, but the problem with that is putting it together with other champions abilities like Nunu, Galio, Jarvan, etc. It just seems to much.
The AoE Range is ok, and the CD should stop at 90 for rank 5, the stun duration should scale depending on distance as well. Also you forgot to mention the damage ratios for distance from center. However to be very honest, 90 seconds is still to short, any heavy CC ult like this has at minimum a base CD of 120.

The Movement speed is high, yes i understand you want him to be fast, but Udyr, Singed, Poppy, even Hecarium are champions that are meant to be very fast all have 345, just drop it there. With 355 you're at 410 with just 2 speed boots, with any movement % increases it just gets even scarier. 10 Mov. Speed makes a difference.

Fun looking guy, his lore is active and his kit a great idea, just needs some polish here and there!
IF you have time, check out my champions, Here and Here.
I'll keep looking though the rest of your work for the time being.

HtimsEbag

04-08-2013

Not very supportive. All abilities deal damage aside from w. Think that should be changed.