Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

HP Bar Change

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ltachi

02-10-2013

I like the current way on Live. I do not like the 200 hp bars, nor do I like the thick black line every 1,000 hp. If you really want there to be a special line at higher intervals, instead of a black line, it should be a different colored line or a zig-zag. A thick black bar makes it seem like hp is missing.

Zyvux

02-10-2013

just make the 1000 health mark white. thats it. no other changes necesary.

NA Rukhron

02-10-2013

Would Color Tiers be good? They may be confusing at first but a numeric feedback counters it.

Like: Green Color, 200 health = 1 bar, 1000 health grants an overlapping bar.
1-1000 health bar is darker than 1001-2000 bar

Just like "Marvel vs Capcom" and other fighting games.

█ 1st 1000
▓ 2nd 1000
▒ 3rd 1000
░ 4th 1000
1▓▓▓▓▓▓█ █ █ █ = 1600
2▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▓▓▓▓▓ = 2500

As you lose health the brighter bar goes down revealing a darker behind it.

You know how many 1000 interval are still in you way (Because there is a number inside the bar at the left corner saying so)

The number may be engraved in the bar itself.

Evolution Of War

02-10-2013

Perhaps you should keep the option to change the HP bars at 1 bar = 100hp or an option for 1 bar = 200 hp bar, because 100 is just a simpler measurement for people. I understand the reason for the change, though.

I do like the idea of a tick bar separating for the 1k Hp measure, as it gives a better sense of HP.

Syncros

02-10-2013

I don't know if this has been considered or even discussed in this thread so far, but maybe you could take an approach to something in the same vein as Kingdom Hearts where HP was color coded. So maybe for every 1k HP you get an overlapping bar of a different color. So the first 1k hp would be green, the next 1k would be blue (and lets say a char has 1500 hp, first half of the bar would be blue second half would be green), and so on and so forth.

EDIT: so after posting, before reading any of the previous comments in the thread O I noticed all the suggestions for color tiers

Xelnath

Recruiter

02-10-2013

Closing this thread for consolidation.