Does anyone else feel the games last too long?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Henry Plainview

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeditationError View Post
Yeah, totally agree. Games used to take about twenty minutes (awesome), but now they seem to usually last 30.

Not sure why. The death timers do feel very variable - very short and then suddenly very long.

The speed shrine change seems to have made the game a bit more farmy and a bit longer too - less ganks, and if you won a fight in your half of the jungle, the speed shrine would help you get that little bit more damage on their towers. It's like the map is just a little bit bigger now.
I really hated the speed shrine, so I'm not sure. While you do have a point, the speed shrine also made it so you were really afraid to push because they could zoom behind you, and so you could zoom away from the enemy.

Takhuan

02-11-2013

The mechanics that are in place just make the game end suddenly with less control from the players. Doesn't make the games shorter for me.

Lime Josh

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
It wouldn't be as bad if people would actually surrender when they're going to lose, and the people on my team (or the enemy team) never want to press their advantage. My old TT games would be over at 20 because someone would surrender.
because u pick early game champs, but ur teammates have beter late game then opposing teams, u critcize em over it?
you know how mnay 2v3 or games where we got stomped early game and i taught my teammates to turtle(surprising right? 2013 vets ftw) and we get inhibs back, ace once, get altars push their side, ace and win. and if u want a game to be soooo one sided that it ends in 20 minutes, then i see no point to play. why play if u have a 50-50 chance to stomp or get stomped, no fun at all.
ive played numerous games on old TT that pushed 50-60 mins. but since this new map, i've had a record long game of an hour and 26 minutes, was an intense form of me trying to teach my teammates the beauty of a split push while they turtle. its my way to beat turtle, cuz split push draws the tankier to solo, if solo dies, bot is open to push the inhib and main turret, or top falls back 2v1 top or 1v1 bot, leaving 2v1 top dived and killed, then turret inhib down, and 3v1 dive for the win. its simple, it works, but no one likes it. people would rather kill *****(which i love cuz its what makes me win games)

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyth View Post
I feel like TT takes longer now as well. The lack of map control is really annoying. Unless you're Teemo or someone with "sorta-wards" you have no idea where people are and what they're doing. It feels like shots in the dark and I think that leads to too much hesitancy to push.

I need to add that the lack of a top jungle really compresses the map and makes it feel TINY. You know where people are likely to be and it forces way more head on collisions as opposed to ganks. It really hurts champs like Rengar.
wut.

Also, I don't think 30 is too long. I think it's a nice in-between time of SR and Dominion.

Quote:
It wouldn't be as bad if people would actually surrender when they're going to lose, and the people on my team (or the enemy team) never want to press their advantage. My old TT games would be over at 20 because someone would surrender.
But, the thing with TT is that a late game ace can secure a victory. I hate surrendering on TT just because we've won so many games we "should have lost". The "winning" team gets too over-zealous most of the time and we get the drop on them.

Slim713

02-13-2013

i love 30min games its the hour long ones that get to me but usually its the fault of my team that we let it get that far in the first place lol

https://www.youtube.com/user/LateGameTeam

Lachrimae

02-16-2013

More people should read the first post.

JUN10R36

03-04-2013

Quote:
it feels like the whole game is just preparation for the team fight at 30 minutes to give you the ace to win the game...
Exactly, I've been on both sides of this. It makes early game kills somewhat irrelevant. Yeah you get gold, but there's no real advantage. even if they take the alter, you get it back in a few minutes.

I've been in plenty of games where we were behind in kills early and got an ace, by skill or luck, and ended the game after pushing 2 towers and an inhib. Also been in games where we were wreaking house, and they get a good or lucky kill, ace us then win.

It isn't fun to make 1 mistake and lose when you've capitalized on the other teams mistakes all game.

Noowbie925

03-04-2013

If u don't like how long the games are then dont play

Gwyth

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUN10R36 View Post
Exactly, I've been on both sides of this. It makes early game kills somewhat irrelevant. Yeah you get gold, but there's no real advantage. even if they take the alter, you get it back in a few minutes.

I've been in plenty of games where we were behind in kills early and got an ace, by skill or luck, and ended the game after pushing 2 towers and an inhib. Also been in games where we were wreaking house, and they get a good or lucky kill, ace us then win.

It isn't fun to make 1 mistake and lose when you've capitalized on the other teams mistakes all game.
I feel like this is a great perspective into TT. We had a guy have to go, decided we needed to get kills then, aced them, pushed all three towers from bottom to the nexus and won because they didn't have time to respawn except one by one.

The fact is, one ace at the wrong time, even with all three turrets up in a lane, can mean you lost, which I think is a little messed up. Tower damage doesn't seem to be enough. It should scale with level, imo. Not so it always does the same percentage, but it should scale up. Also, I feel the map is too small.

But let's go back to the OP saying games last too long. My instinct on this is that it tends to be the players who drag out the game more than the map itself. It you're a balanced team and you're balanced against your opponents, it's inevitable to drag on for a really long time. I think that's just a fact of equal players on both sides. I hate 50 minute games. The IP should scale up a lot for long games, because as enjoyable as LoL is, losing an hour of my life for a bunch of back and forth isn't fun and makes the time investment not worth the reward in fun, gratification, or IP.

OmegaSct

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Mhm. rarely ever past 20 mins for me :O
downvoted for being no1 3's team lol