Does anyone else feel the games last too long?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Henry Plainview

02-09-2013

My games are consistently 30-35 minutes because the death timers make it so hard to push before then, it feels like the whole game is just preparation for the team fight at 30 minutes to give you the ace to win the game...

Outshine

02-09-2013

30 mins is fine but when they go over 45 thats when im ready for it to end.

Sam

02-09-2013

Mhm. rarely ever past 20 mins for me :O

Henry Plainview

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Mhm. rarely ever past 20 mins for me :O
It wouldn't be as bad if people would actually surrender when they're going to lose, and the people on my team (or the enemy team) never want to press their advantage. My old TT games would be over at 20 because someone would surrender.

Nerdsinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2013

Games for me usually go for no more than 35 minutes.

Eloquid

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
My games are consistently 30-35 minutes because the death timers make it so hard to push before then, it feels like the whole game is just preparation for the team fight at 30 minutes to give you the ace to win the game...
This. And S3 changes made it even worse. It's push pull boring farmfest, actually it's competition in who has more patience and who's gonna first give up on farming. Boring as hell.

Son of Blood

02-10-2013

Agreed. I find that more often than not that the game has become an "if we don't win early advantage, we'll slog and poke until level 18". And then, it's becomes a matter of who gets the ACE first. I'd like to see longer early game timers, and shorter late game timers, making for easier pushing early, and faster defense response late.

Nothing worse than sitting on 45 seconds, and having to watch them turn around a long game, with a three tower, inhib, home base stomp.

SoB

Gwyth

02-11-2013

The biggest gripe I have is that the buffs in the new TT don't feel like buffs. I'm more excited about the 80 gold than the buffs. The Spider is kinda meh, the stacking debuff is just annoying. You kill the Spider, but you're ripe to be ganked afterwards or during.

I feel like TT takes longer now as well. The lack of map control is really annoying. Unless you're Teemo or someone with "sorta-wards" you have no idea where people are and what they're doing. It feels like shots in the dark and I think that leads to too much hesitancy to push.

I need to add that the lack of a top jungle really compresses the map and makes it feel TINY. You know where people are likely to be and it forces way more head on collisions as opposed to ganks. It really hurts champs like Rengar.

MeditationError

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
Yeah, totally agree. Games used to take about twenty minutes (awesome), but now they seem to usually last 30.

Not sure why. The death timers do feel very variable - very short and then suddenly very long.

The speed shrine change seems to have made the game a bit more farmy and a bit longer too - less ganks, and if you won a fight in your half of the jungle, the speed shrine would help you get that little bit more damage on their towers. It's like the map is just a little bit bigger now.

Lachrimae

02-11-2013

Good thing this is the new decided form of TT, right?