Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Just some questions about PBE and etc.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlindDateLeeSin

02-09-2013

So, I realize that PBE is a server for testing, and since I occasionally find myself stumbling upon bugs and such on live, I would like to be a part of the effort to make live patches clean and bug free. However, before I can do this, I need a few questions answered to make my bug-checking experience as enjoyable and efficient as possible.
1) Is there anywhere in which I can find SPECIFIC things to test out?
2) When a new champion or skin is released, what are the main things I should test for?
3) How exactly would the PBE community and staff prefer these bugs be tested? i.e. Online matches, customs, bot games, etc.
Any answers to one of the mentioned questions would be much appreciated, and I hope to contribute toward the wellbeing of Live servers.
As a subnote; any other information that could help me with testing, or any people that could help me would also be appreciated.
Thank you!

IS13537e7a92416eab299e3

02-09-2013

1) Just play games.
2) Just use the skils like in a regular game or try stuff out.Doesn't really matter.If a skill doesn't work as intended,it's bugged.
3) I usually only play on Proving grounds,as it is faster and funner.A wider range of champions means for me,more bugs can be found.

If you need help reproducing a bug,you can ask in the Public Chat for help.Someone should help you.

BlindDateLeeSin

02-09-2013

Thank you very much.

namora

02-09-2013

Also, if you frequent the forums, or like to sit in the public chat(don't look at RiotChatBot the wrong way) recently we've had Rioters gather groups of players to assist them in testing features.

~Summoner namora, of the lower case.

gintsu

02-09-2013

This is just me but I find the best way to help out is to test new content as well as check forums for bugs other players have found and see if you can shed a bit more light on them for things like what sets off the bug other champs that it effects etc. Also it's important to know that many players do not treat pbe as a testing server so there are many trolls and players who get mad if you stop to test a bug. It can be a pain some times so if you can I would recommend playing custom matches or ai matches for known bugs. It gives you more time to test bugs without feeling pressured in any way. Also I find that you often run into way nicer players on bot games then in normal/ranked. I can't think of anything else to say but welcome to pbe =p.