Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Minor/Major] Caitlyn's ultimate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordandMaster12

02-09-2013

Hey all

Whenever i use a caitlyn's ultimate and the targeted champion goes out of sight range before cait shoots the bullet not only does the ult not go off but it then goes on cooldown!
Im not sure if this is a bug or is supposed to happen however its reeeeeally annoying. Just wanted a confirmation that it is either supposed to happen or that it is a bug to be fixed!!

Thanks

Lordandmaster12 / Pirate Panda

iZallen

02-09-2013

If its 5 seconds, thats how it usually is. If its the full duriation then it would be a bug. :/

LordandMaster12

02-10-2013

Its the full duration :/ i was sure that it was normally just 5 secs

namora

02-10-2013

Last I checked, It only resets when someone goes untargetable/invisible. I also think it's supposed to provide a small amount of vision on the targeted person, however I can't confirm this right now as I haven't played Caitlyn recently. As iZallen said, 5 seconds i the norm, so if it's the full duration, you might have a bug, but look for others to confirm.

~Summoner namora, of the lower case.

Akatsu

02-10-2013

I can confirm this, happened to me in a recent game. Ulted enemy Garen, 1-2 seconds later he enters fog of war, ultimate doesn't activate but goes on full cooldown.

BlueThingamajig

02-10-2013

Caitlyn's ultimate is supposed to reveal the enemy champion (If they could normally be seen), because it was hilariously underpowered when enemies could step into the brush to break it. This is very likely a bug, and I'll see if I can test it myself later today

Quote:
namora:
Last I checked, It only resets when someone goes untargetable/invisible. I also think it's supposed to provide a small amount of vision on the targeted person, however I can't confirm this right now as I haven't played Caitlyn recently. As iZallen said, 5 seconds i the norm, so if it's the full duration, you might have a bug, but look for others to confirm.

~Summoner namora, of the lower case.

I do know that it will go on cooldown if the target is untargetable when the bullet is already airborne, but as you said, it should have the 5 second cooldown only if the channel is mixed up

mmsarom

02-17-2013

I can confirm. Earlier today I targeted a Kha'zix with my ultimate. 2 seconds later he uses his ultimate and my ultimate gets cancelled and it goes on full cooldown.

Pity I didn't record this. =/

CaffeineKun

02-17-2013

This has happened to me a couple times on the live servers.

ProTagoR

02-17-2013

I have same problem today ... i usually play caitlyn, and her ulti never miss the target, even when is out of vision range.

SlumlordThanatos

02-17-2013

I can confirm this, it's even on live servers. Had a Master Yi run out of sight after I tagged him with my ultimate. She finished casting, but did not fire, and the spell went on it's full CD.