Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Platform][Major] Muting a friend removes them from friends list

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gypsy Hyena

02-09-2013

Description: I muted a friend by accident when intending to mute another player ingame, then I unmuted my friend. On leaving the game, he was removed from my friends list and had to be re-added. I've tried to reproduce, and it happens whenever a friend is muted at any time in the game, regardless of whether they're unmuted or not at a later point.

Repro steps:
1. Add a friend and have them confirm.
2. Mute them ingame.
3. Check friends list.

I'm assuming this will also incur the penalty that stops gifting to recently added friends too, but haven't checked.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xLionHearTx

02-09-2013

Quote:
Gypsy Hyena:
Description: I muted a friend by accident when intending to mute another player ingame, then I unmuted my friend. On leaving the game, he was removed from my friends list and had to be re-added. I've tried to reproduce, and it happens whenever a friend is muted at any time in the game, regardless of whether they're unmuted or not at a later point.

Repro steps:
1. Add a friend and have them confirm.
2. Mute them ingame.
3. Check friends list.

I'm assuming this will also incur the penalty that stops gifting to recently added friends too, but haven't checked.

You are lucky I'm replying to you other people would just make fun of you and insult you..
The thing that you call mute in game is an ignore shortcut...
Its the same as typing there name and adding them to the ignore list..
So naturally it removed him from your friends list cuz he is in your ignore list now