Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

George, the Melee Minion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dayan

10-25-2010

Kk guys, I just read this thread by Ltdash:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=295062
That thread actually inspired me to write another story, kinda like a spin-off to Bob. Introducing George, the Melee Minion, and his story after Bob, the Caster Minion.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

George, the melee minion

I stand in the shelter, unable to do anything as our inhibitor goes down. But let me start this story from the very beginning.

“Listen up men!” the general yelled. “Today, we shall make our country, Demacia, proud! We will conquer our enemies, with the strength that comes from our people!” Allies from all around me cheered after that encouraging speech. My friend Bonnie nudges me, saying, “boy, I do hope I get some of that action.” She was only a caster minion, unable to hold her own on the battlefield. Yet she’s so brave, compared to me, a complete coward on the battlefield.

“Cheer up, mate, the war has only begun”, said Vincent. “Easy for you to say”, I said. Vincent doesn’t have to worry about the war. He rides inside a vehicle, which is not only sturdy but also powerful. Before Vincent could reply, the general interrupted the excitement of the room. “We are fighting for Demacia, yes, but in this war, very few who go out that door will survive.” At those words, everyone in the room became silent, listening attentively at the general. “However! Those who do survive in the past wars have their name and face, proudly placed upon the wall of legends. Our newest addition was Bob, the Caster Minion. He has fought bravely on the battlefield, and destroyed the enemy nexus. Unfortunately, Bob died soon after.”

There were many gasps from people around the room, including Vincent, who was standing right next to me.

“I have placed you all into different squads, starting from Squad 1.” My number was 144, a fairly large number, thankfully. But Bonnie and Vincent were in Squad 6. Before the general could say anything more, there came a voice, loud enough for everyone to hear. “Welcome, to the Summoner’s Rift”

The war has begun.

One minute after the feminine voice spoke, the general said, “Squad 1! Move out!” Six soldiers picked up their weapon and left the front door. Those behind them wished them good luck. Soon after, I could hear the shots of the turret fire, followed by the screams of dying soldiers.

That’s when we noticed something. The enemy had a commander, while we did not. It was evident that many people have noticed this as well, because soon after I noticed, there were many outbursts consisting of “we lost this battle before it even started!” and “where is our commander?!”. The general assured us, saying “fret not, brave souls, for the enemy commander is also missing from the battlefield.” There were many sighs of relief.

As the battle dragged on, my heart nearly leapt out of my chest, as I heard “Squad 6, move out!”. “See ya at the enemy nexus, mate”, said Vincent, getting onto his battle machine. “We’ll be back before you know it, George!”, shouted Bonnie as she leaves the door. But I knew. They weren’t coming back. I would never see them again. But all I could do was stand there and watch, smile, and wave them good-bye, saying “Good luck out there”.

I watched, with fleeted breath, as my friends walk out to the battlefield. Slowly, but surely, they are reaching the enemy turret. It was then, I heard moans from people around me. I wondered why there were, then I saw it myself. The allied top turret exploded, while the enemy forces trampled through its rubble, getting closer and closer. Bonnie and Vincent were in the middle road, and just as I was about to turn around and see what was going on, I was blinded by the magnificent explosion of the enemy turret. Cheers of joy deafening, but were also beautiful to hear. I see my friends walk down triumphly down the road. That was then I almost lost it. Bonnie screamed as she was shot down by the enemy caster, and Vincent, in rage, shot down as vengeance. However, the turret noticed, and began to shoot at Vincent. Vincent took shot after shot, holding strong while dealing almost no damage to the enemy turret. Soon after, Vincent falls. I couldn’t watch anymore. This was too much for me to bear.

Seconds felt like minutes, and minutes felt like hours. “Squad 91, move out!”. That was when I noticed that the last turret defending out bottom inhibitor gets done in. Our inhibitor was defenseless. “Squad 132, move out!” Not long before the general said that did I notice someone big bump into me. I looked around, wondering who it was. He held two massive spiked hammers, and had an aura that gave me the creeps. On his shirt, it said “Super minion, ready for combat”. My hopes were raised. We had a super minion on our team! Not only that, but he’s also on his way up the top route. But my happiness was soon crushed, as the enemy super minion worked his way to the front of the nexus. Squad 133 came out to defend out base, while Squad 132 was slowly but surely destroying the enemy inhibitors.

One of our nexus turrets goes down. All of us, even the general, winced as we witness the explosion, right outside our front door. I wondered why there wasn’t any more super minions, then I saw that most of them were too busy fighting to defend THEIR base. It was then I realized. We aren’t so different after all. We are both fighting to protect our people and land, and we fight because we were told to, not because of hate. Someone slapped me across the face. “Snap out of it , soldier!”, the general all but shouted in my face. “Your squad is moving out already, so go and get your weapon!” I just realized that Squad 144 was called, and so I hastily picked up my sword and walked down the middle road. Bodies upon bodies, parts flown everywhere. It was sickening to watch, but the horrors doesn’t escape me.

I noticed something. The air around us was different. There was a sense of...victory around me. “We’re winning this battle!”, someone shouted. The enemy nexus was completely wide open. We have surrounded their nexus.

“Vincent, Bonnie, I wish you could see this” I said. “This is a once in a lifetime experience. Although you are not placed on the wall of legend, you’ll always be placed on the wall of friendship. Forever.”

Yes… That’s how the story should have ended. But right before we finished the enemy turret, a towering figure like no other showed itself. Cladded in full armor, an eight foot tall figure appeared before us.

The enemy commander shows himself in front of us. I should have noticed. The difference in the air was not because of the victory cries of my comrades. The difference in the air was…

Not a single animal in the jungle was alive.

With but one fell swoop, the enemy commander raises his hand, and I felt my life energy drained from me. “So close…” I said, using my final breath. Before I fell, I heard the screams of my comrade, as they were quickly slain by the enemy commander. I blacked out…

“Welcome back, mate. Told ya we would meet again!”
“Looks like I lied, you came to us instead, George!”

Fin.

Grasps

10-25-2010

and then what happened?

Zarifes

10-25-2010

And so it begins...

I got enough of these from the SC forums, we don't need them here. One is good, five is bad.

brb getting sued

10-25-2010

ITT I learn how to stop downvotes and upvotes?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gevouden

10-25-2010

its cutoff on the right