Mid or feed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrDuckies

02-09-2013

Really? After playing a load games finally getting to my placement matches, I win two and I lose two.
Then I enter queue and I'm placed with trolls that say

"Mid or feed",
"I called mid first so I get mid",
"I have pick priority so I play adc",
then the guy underneath also locks an adc and both refuse to not go bot.

Then there's me. I ask them to dodge and they all refuse, even after a guy says he's going to feed intentionally.
Not wanting to jeopardize my placement, I wait till the last second to see if anyone dodges, then nobody did so i dodged myself, knowing that the team would just trash talk each other throughout the entire game, feed intentionally and lose on purpose.

I re login to find out that I can no longer do my placement matches, and on top of that, I'm back to square one. Really Riot?

If this new league system is meant to help fix the trolls problem, then you're wrong. You're just discouraging the people that are trying to get into a higher ELO even more by punishing them for helping the team.

Please do something about this Riot, it's unfair for people like me who try to have a good game, but gets punished when trying to help.

Vrykonik

02-09-2013

First off I have people like that in my ranked games and just because they troll champion select doesn't mean they won't try to win in game. The fact that you dodged you ruined a possible game for 9 other people. How is it Riot's fault you made toxic decisions? To be honest your punishment is too light. Dodgers should be hit with an ELO penalty equal to that of getting a loss in the game and loss of the league points too.

Jthreetears FTW

02-09-2013

well they broke meta. i personally dont believe that meta is the answer. however 2 adc bot and both wanna be adc theres no room for a support so say asupport was chosen what now? 3 in bot lane? thats just people being arrogant in a team based game and those games will 9/10 probably result in a loss especailly if theyre so dead set with a "doing what they want to do and everyone else can just burn in hell" mentality. do i think dodging is the answer? no have i dodged games like that? yes. ive played games where meta was broken and we won but that was with the team cooperating from the start and not fighting and threatening to feed. this is a team based game and those people in no way functioned like a team. priority pick seems to override calling (only because the later pick has to either be the arrogant one to potentially ruin the match by picking a 2nd mid etc) but all the same some degree of coordination is needed as long as a team based consensus on what to do and who has what lane.

laxjoh

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrykonik View Post
First off I have people like that in my ranked games and just because they troll champion select doesn't mean they won't try to win in game. The fact that you dodged you ruined a possible game for 9 other people. How is it Riot's fault you made toxic decisions? To be honest your punishment is too light. Dodgers should be hit with an ELO penalty equal to that of getting a loss in the game and loss of the league points too.
Do you have common sense? Why is dodging given an LP penalty? There's really no good reason for this. I like the new ranking system because it shuts up the "ELO Hell" complainers and makes the ranking system EASIER to climb than the previous elo rating. It also prevents people from "accidentally" moving up by making it a bit challenging to move up the division/rank.

With that said, how is dodging a toxic decision? In ranked play, pick order is the priority pick. Not calling. So if you got idiots fighting over roles in the beginning of the game and troll picking champions (for sure there is a SMALL percentage chance of winning) but a lot of people get extremely frustrated when playing a game that is being trolled on like that. Even if it's ranked play, this game is to have fun in general. No one wants to waste 30+ minutes of their life on one game they most likely would not enjoy.

ROKAF JE

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxjoh View Post
Do you have common sense? Why is dodging given an LP penalty? There's really no good reason for this. I like the new ranking system because it shuts up the "ELO Hell" complainers and makes the ranking system EASIER to climb than the previous elo rating. It also prevents people from "accidentally" moving up by making it a bit challenging to move up the division/rank.

With that said, how is dodging a toxic decision? In ranked play, pick order is the priority pick. Not calling. So if you got idiots fighting over roles in the beginning of the game and troll picking champions (for sure there is a SMALL percentage chance of winning) but a lot of people get extremely frustrated when playing a game that is being trolled on like that. Even if it's ranked play, this game is to have fun in general. No one wants to waste 30+ minutes of their life on one game they most likely would not enjoy.
I'd rather play a 20 minute surrender than wait 30 minutes in draft queue to do so. I stopped dodging once I realized I could carry out of where I was (I dodged 350 ELO in season 2)

Jthreetears FTW

02-09-2013

carrying is all situational i played two rankeds earlier the first i was kassadin 16/8/9 and i carried my team to an almost victory but because none of them would focus veigar (whose ult one shot me since its an AP killer) we eventually lost and the second game i went 20/5/5 as udyr solo top i had full build before teamfights started but my other teammates hadnt been successful laning they hadnt fed but they had either been zoned or werent aggressive enough and couldnt carry my team through that either. no champ can 1v5 your teamates have to present threat enough to take damage away from whoever is fed or deal damage while they focus whoever is fed decent teammates are still required for a win whether you carry your team or not.

ROKAF JE

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jthreetears FTW View Post
carrying is all situational i played two rankeds earlier the first i was kassadin 16/8/9 and i carried my team to an almost victory but because none of them would focus veigar (whose ult one shot me since its an AP killer) we eventually lost and the second game i went 20/5/5 as udyr solo top i had full build before teamfights started but my other teammates hadnt been successful laning they hadnt fed but they had either been zoned or werent aggressive enough and couldnt carry my team through that either. no champ can 1v5 your teamates have to present threat enough to take damage away from whoever is fed or deal damage while they focus whoever is fed decent teammates are still required for a win whether you carry your team or not.
It sounds like Banshee's Veil might have won you that game - it's not like Veigar can kill an entire team, just 1 person (who can't be a tank, he won't die)

Positioning comes to mind. Many teams will chase the "fed" enemy, or scream at eachother to focus. They destroy their own teamfight capabilities in doing so (saving cooldowns, playing carefully/nervously)

All lanes need to be helped, it's not exclusively about your lane. Ff you play top and need to carry a team, take Teleport. If you play mid, buy Mobility boots.

You can't expect that all your lanes will get fed all the time, it's just not possible. Losses happen.

I find the most neglected lane is often bottom, it's easy to plaster in wards, hard to gank (unless the support does a poor job), yet they're the lane that carries the hardest come 25-30+ minutes.

Bottom and the Jungle get raged at the most. Even a feeder top and mid can still peel for an AD carry and win the game no problem.

SeCKS Egai

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxjoh View Post
Do you have common sense? Why is dodging given an LP penalty? .
Because if there was no penalty people would do what they've been doing, which is dodge any time they felt like it for whatever reason, legitimate or not.

heungjos

02-23-2013

I get so mad at these people when they say "mid or feed" and still feed after they get what they want...

Romantic Metro

02-24-2013

The penalty to dodge is fine. I just wish there was a way to vote for a no contest with no loss of LP or promotional match with 3-4 votes. That would help mitigate I think quite a bit of the problem for solo and duo que.

That being said I think the term "carry" is overexagerated much of the time. I've carried a game 19/0/9 and a couple other times as well, but truly you need to have some presentable threat from your teammates to force some focus off you. That and a lack of focus from the other team as well. I like to think that a carry is just someone who makes the plays in some form all game long. This is why I believe supports absolutely carry. If I have my wards set up to where ganks are prevented or aggressively placed for someone to assassinate someone or know where someone is going I feel like that was because of me or my super awesome support. Those games where the support has over 15+ assists? To me shows how much effect a support has. Don't get me wrong I've been carried out of games I am just playing awful or just not having enough of an effect on if not more so than I've ever carried. Truly you have star players who make the biggest effect on your team but everyone has to play a role, and that's why a team that plays like a team will win a majority of their games unless they are not skilled or lack proper focus.