Less Futuristic/Tech-themed Skins

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aubalt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-02-2013

I joined around the between the releases of Wukong and Skarner, back when each Champion was released with two skins. I rather enjoyed the skins that came in the following months: Renegade Talon, Reverse Annie, Super Teemo, Amethyst Ashe, and others. Lately though, I've been disinterested in more and more of the skins, especially the Steel Legion skins. (Yes, I am one of the complaining Lux players, but I won't get into that as I'm sure you're already sick of our complaining.)

I'm not really digging the Steel Legion skins themselves. Or the Aether Wing, Eternum, Bioforge, Mecha, Battlecast, Full Metal, Hextech skins either. I'm not saying that the skins are bad. The quality is top-notch!

It's just not what I'm into or what I'm looking for.

I feel that there's been too many futuristic/technological/sci-fi skins recently (barring the Hextech theme since the last one released was March 2011). The only technological skins I enjoy are the sleek-looking ones like PAX Sivir, Pulsefire Ezreal, and Neon Strike Vi.

It would be much appreciated if more fantasy-related skins like Blackthorn Morgana and Dragon Trainer Lulu were released. Those two skins both fit the characters' personalities and have rather amazing particle effects! Heck, it doesn't even have to be fantasy-related. Skins like Tyrant Swain, Arcade Sona, and even Koi Nami would be appreciated too.

Shadowed Ruby

02-03-2013

I agree, there seems to be a re-occuring thematic with most recent skin releases that really outsets a lot of users not interested in that content.

Malicious Leaf

02-03-2013

I can see what you mean, but I myself actually think that the technology based skin are really interesting! I think that Riot is providing a full spectrum of skins by providing different genres. I'm sure that there are others like me.

Aubalt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-04-2013

It doesn't feel like much of a full spectrum if they're touching on the sci-fi part of it over and over and over again. It's okay in moderation, but there has been too much of it lately. I would appreciate it if some non-holiday skins that aren't technological ones were released. It's getting rather boring.

The fantasy in League of Legends is what originally got me interested in it. The Champions that utilize magic lore-wise are the ones that interest me the most, especially when they specialize a certain element or "type" of magic.

Ymir

02-04-2013

I personally like all the tech/ future skin,. but i can see where your coming from. There have been quite a few skins of that type recently. chock it up to flavor of the month perhaps. i am quite excited for the new lunar revel skins.

Bioness

02-06-2013

Then you definitely are not going to like the new Blitzcrank skin...

Invisibleally

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicious Leaf View Post
I can see what you mean, but I myself actually think that the technology based skin are really interesting!
I am like you, Leaf. 'Cept I'm not malicious. Mostly. Hehe.

I would love to see a Stealth Suit Twitch ;D and an Optimized Urgot (complete with laser-beam eye and...ahem...maybe some armor over that stitched-up flesh. Man, some DooM Mega Armor would look pretty cool. You could speed up his animations to make Optimized Urgot look really ...well...twitchy, which I think would definitely keep him creepy.

Taric could have a Warhammer 40k look similar to the new Garen armor...so freakin' cool...just have to make sure it still has gems in it ;]

Death Star Karthus...Gun Kata Miss Fortune...Fallout Graves...

I am all for tons of new content, there are a million styles out there that haven't been tapped yet...tapped...magic the gathering...hrrrrm.... Goblin Fizz...Griffin Anivia...Planeswalker Malhawait he's already a planeswalker basically...

ANYWAY you get the idea. I am for any new graphics we can get...all I ask is to make sure it's a full remake and not just a recolor!

Gotta have me some new sounds, too. Maybe "Good Day Urgot" will be a hit. Instead of "EXISTENCE IS SUFFERING", "KEEP ON SMILING", and "SOMEONE LOVES ME" instead of "THEY WILL KNOW FEAR".

**EDIT: Also, remember there is plenty of technology in league's setting: There are some gun-wielders like Cait, Urgot is a cyborg of course, Blitzcrank is a sentient robot!, Vi has power gauntlets, That little furry dude has a minimech and Zilean's got a backpack that...is a ...I don't even know what it does. Is Ezreal's gauntlet magic or technology or both? Anyway my points are:
1- There's no reason to restrict the type of settings that skins can be from; we can have the "best of both worlds" and have all types of skins. We could even have combinations of magic and technology ^ ^ so happy toooogeeeethaaaaaa
2- Where would one draw the line between "futuristic" and "(whatever-the-opposite-of-futuristic)"?

**EDIT PART 2, THE REVENGE: I fully support all fair and clean skins and soundpacks. Also some of the filthy ones, hehe

Nasulril

02-10-2013

I support this message.

I will take a moment to defend Bioforge Darius. Partly because it helps reinforce the canon alliance that has existed between Noxus and Zuan. Partly because it's not all THAT futuristic. There are more straight lines and a somewhat less medieval cast to the metals of the skin, but it's not as if Darius is using any advanced weaponry in the skin.

There has been far too much future tech skins lately. I don't mind the iBlitz one so much because it's more of a tribute to an outside entertainment source than one of the many recent out-of-the-blue techie skins.

I'd like to suggest we push for a variety of native-culture themed skins. Tribal Draven, Amazon Diana, Kali-esqe Elise, a human "Jaguar Warrior" Rengar, Voodoo Soraka, Sun Priestess Syndra, Headhunter Zed......

IncrediBobs

02-11-2013

Yeah, I totally agree just like the new iBlitzcrank. It looks really good but more different skins. I personally like the tech/sci-fi skins. I agree there should be more fantasy skins.