Minimum Amount of LP Rewarded for Wins?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Badfinger

02-09-2013

I like the new league and ladder system. It does not like me.

I'm 8-2 in my last 10 ranked games, and I've progressed up to the top of my bracket- but I can't get to a challenge series. My last loss dropped me 25 league points - from 93 to 77. My last win gained me 3, when I was at 93 to begin with (after 3 straight wins to get back to 93). The incentive to queue is very low, because a loss will wipe out 3 days of work and a win gains me nothing. The difference between 93 and 96 league points might as well not exist. Either I'm going to get placed or I'm not. But I don't feel close. I feel like a single misstep has me hurtling away from any progress.

What in the algorithm has decided that a victory is worth less than 1/20 of the way to the top of the division? Why should someone ever gain less than 8-9 points from a victory at the very least? Why does the "hot streak" icon taunt me, knowing that a single loss is more damaging than 3 hours of victories?

The Soraka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

LP means nothing.
Your hidden Elo is what matters, and its not where they want it to be,

MrBunsman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

See, I made a thread about this too, no one wants to help me either. It's annoying because, your win to loss ratio will get better and better, but your ranking doesn't change at all.

MrBunsman

02-09-2013

My hidden elo is at 1511, according too elo buff, but I am still in silver division one.

Ramachese

02-09-2013

There are a ton of threads that ask this same question and a ton of threads that explain why it happens and the logic behind it. In summary though your MMR is not where the system believes it should be at to progress to the next tier of play. Keep winning more than losing and eventually it will rise and you will progress.

Moving up tiers of play actually does mean something. A winning streak is not enough. It requires a long term continuous improvement in play.

Badfinger

02-09-2013

Update: I just won again.

I got two LP. So I am on a 4 game winning streak, and I've gone from 87 to 98.

I'm asking Riot why the algorithm can justify gains of 2 and 3 LP. I understand the logic of the system, I think the balance is off.

BlazinJester

02-11-2013

MAKKIN ME SO MAD im 84/70 and im stuck at 96 points LET ME IN SERIES

Voidgolem

02-11-2013

0 when the system engages MAXIMUM OVER-CLAMP.

LP is actually meaningless. Just keep winning more than you lose and you'll rise up.

Elezra

02-11-2013

The minimum from a win? Probably 1.

SRPigeon

02-11-2013

The algorithm isn't what you should be worried about.

You're playing in an ELO system, same as you were before. The difference is, you can't see it, and you won't be in another "Tier" (pointless mask they put on the system) until you reach a high enough ELO to warrant a win.

Basically, keep winning, and you'll advance. They won't let you advance unless you absolutely prove you're better than X Tier.