Jax Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Majis

10-25-2010

Hey -

Title says it all. I've never played Jax. Would you mind helpin me out w/ a good build?

Thanks!

SerendipityLost

10-25-2010

Rageblade+Trinity Force+Atmas

Boots depending on the situation
Get red+green pots if you have your first three items built.

Phinsmyth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerendipityLost View Post
Rageblade+Trinity Force+Atmas

Boots depending on the situation
Get red+green pots if you have your first three items built.
This.

Also, for your boots, get Ninja Tabi since your stun spell relies on you dodging attacks.

I would skip the entire Trinity Force for the start, and jsut get Sheen, then go Atma's ,and then build survivability. So:

Ninja Tabi > Guinsoo's Rageblade > Sheen > Atma's Impaler > (If heavy physical damage) Guardian Angel > (If heavy magic damage) Banshee's Veil > Trinity Force

Pesse Jerring

10-25-2010

Doran Shield
Ninja Tabi
Rageblade
Atma's Imaler
Trinity Force
Guardian Angel

Lap it up

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2010

To tell the truth, i have used the rageblade build for quite awhile, and i have found that something else works better. I first start off with dorans, then i get ninja tabi, then ill go Bilgewater and phage, and i like to go gunblade>trin force ( i guess you could get froz mal, but i like trin more), then i get rageblade. I do not reccomend atmas at all, for i do not see it as a useful item. If you are looking for the damage and crit id get an Infinity edge, and if you need some armor maybe a phan dancer (for the dodge, which in turn helps your ult out) or thornmail. And you can toss in a few defense items if you feel you need them, but thats the order i get my damage items in.

SerendipityLost

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrotchGoblin View Post
To tell the truth, i have used the rageblade build for quite awhile, and i have found that something else works better. I first start off with dorans, then i get ninja tabi, then ill go Bilgewater and phage, and i like to go gunblade>trin force ( i guess you could get froz mal, but i like trin more), then i get rageblade. I do not reccomend atmas at all, for i do not see it as a useful item. If you are looking for the damage and crit id get an Infinity edge, and if you need some armor maybe a phan dancer (for the dodge, which in turn helps your ult out) or thornmail. And you can toss in a few defense items if you feel you need them, but thats the order i get my damage items in.
With your damage items, you should have a decent amount of hp already, as well as the potting up. Atmas just makes you get more damage.

You really don't need LS on him until you have damage, jax just stacks and melts the **** outta anything, while aoe stunning/chasing.

Epicaznlol12

10-25-2010

Personally:

Boots/Rageblade/Mallet/Gunblade/Phantom Dancer/Guardian Angel

But there's so many items that work well with Jax.

Trinity Force, since it's back to normal, and Empower rawks faec.

Atma's Impaler, since critical strike is great for adding to your DPS (even moreso with a Phantom Dancer) and the armor is great for survivability against a bunch of physical damage. Let's not forget the extra damage you get from Jax's normally high health from his other items. Even moreso with Mallet.

Last Whisper for adding some attack speed for more DPS via your ultimate, and rapes armor.

Infinity Edge, since it's the best damage item for almost any AD carry.

Ghostblade for all of its awesome stats, and good chasing.

Bloodthirster for a lot of extra damage and more survivability with lifesteal.

Malady works well due to the +25 AP you get, also with the attack speed. Faster proccing once again on your ultimate. Also lets your skills do more damage since it's got a 6 (x4 max) = 24 MR reduction after hitting them four times, which isn't hard with Jax.

Stark's for all of the stats it gives, esp. lifesteal & attack speed.

Just so many countless builds. :x

Lap it up

10-25-2010

Its not the lifesteal i go for with the gunblade, its the active the damage, and the ability power. The lifesteals are just a plus, ive fiddled around with several jax builds, and i have found this one to work the best. I once played a jax till end game and i decided to try out atmas impaler, i found it was a waste. I had around 3700 health with jax when i bought it as my last item, that turns out as 74 attack damage. Infinity edge, or yet most other items are more beneficial than this. I feel you are giving up vital stats for a seemingly useful item passive, but in reality it is quite ineffective.

Lap it up

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicaznlol12 View Post
Personally:

Boots/Rageblade/Mallet/Gunblade/Phantom Dancer/Guardian Angel

But there's so many items that work well with Jax.

Trinity Force, since it's back to normal, and Empower rawks faec.

Atma's Impaler, since critical strike is great for adding to your DPS (even moreso with a Phantom Dancer) and the armor is great for survivability against a bunch of physical damage. Let's not forget the extra damage you get from Jax's normally high health from his other items. Even moreso with Mallet.

Last Whisper for adding some attack speed for more DPS via your ultimate, and rapes armor.

Infinity Edge, since it's the best damage item for almost any AD carry.

Ghostblade for all of its awesome stats, and good chasing.

Bloodthirster for a lot of extra damage and more survivability with lifesteal.

Malady works well due to the +25 AP you get, also with the attack speed. Faster proccing once again on your ultimate. Also lets your skills do more damage since it's got a 6 (x4 max) = 24 MR reduction after hitting them four times, which isn't hard with Jax.

Stark's for all of the stats it gives, esp. lifesteal & attack speed.

Just so many countless builds. :x
yeah, items like last whisper are good for him, it all depends on the situation really, all that really matters is what you like to do with him, you could rageblade first or something different like gunblade, i suggest trying these different builds out and find out which commadates your playstyle the most

SerendipityLost

10-25-2010

@OP

Just to sum everything up, Rageblade+Trinity force are your two key items, as well as ninja tabi.

Everything else is situational.