So is Jarvan gonna be the FOTM?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genotoxic

02-09-2013

I hope riot see this as there are alot of reasons in here that show how jarvan is far from op.

Coaches

02-09-2013

One thing about his ult is you have to know when to use it. You can bait out their gap closer or wait until the flash is down. You can't just run in and ult a random target. It requires using your brain. But I am aware of his lacking damage, so I build him cleaver early game and mallet and warmogs later on. Mid game I usually get an aura for the team so he's more of a utility tank, not someone for just dealing damage.

Tim Wenger

02-09-2013

53.51% win rate
http://www.lolking.net/champions/

The Fierce Deity

02-09-2013

Yes^ and I think because of his actual REAL lack luster utiilty, riot isn't really giving him anything. Also that winrate means nothing.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

He's being picked a lot in the recent tournament. Not over the top a lot like "roit nurf noaw" but enough that you should respect him as a champ and what he brings to the table.

I get the feeling that most of the people who whine about j4's ult don't play the champ or maybe played him once and don't understand how to use his abilities properly.

I guess his shield could use a bit more, but I kind of like it as the no point wonder as it is. If they made his shield useful they'd probably have to take things away from other parts of his kit which is no fun for the jarman.

Though as for the OP I doubt he'll really be fotm. For a 2 button champ he's kind of hard to use. He also doesn't do well in blind pick games where all of a sudden you're matched against a nidalee, a vayne, an elise, kass, shaco, etc. FOTM champs tend to be spammed becuase they are good in a lot of situations. He'll gain some popularity no doubt but never to the point where you see him every single game. He should be almost exclusive to draft pick where you can see what you're up against, imo anyway.

DeafCatMoan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

He'll be Flavor of the Week, followed by about 100,000,000 threads about his ult for the rest of the month.

Genotoxic

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wenger View Post
that dosent mean anything, sometimes even himerdinger gets a wan rate of over 50%

DreamwalkerLin

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fierce Deity View Post
I'm actually waiting for Jarvan buffs. I seriously don't know what everyone is talking about. All his abilities, could use work. AND I mean seriously could use work. Starting with his shield.

In retrospect, jarvan cannot carry a game whatsoever. It more relies on when you can ultimate, and when to initiate and if your team fallows up. Hes nothing else after he does a popup, just auto attacks and a mediocre slow/shield. HIs passive is covered by an item, called blade of the ruined king. Which I hear is having trouble still countering warmogs and ppl buying a lot of health. Maybe if you have ult on cd, with enough attack damage because it scales good, you may have something else to do while waiting for your combo, aka one spell.
I've seen crazy Jarvans that can 1v3 and carry games T.T

Genotoxic

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
He's being picked a lot in the recent tournament. Not over the top a lot like "roit nurf noaw" but enough that you should respect him as a champ and what he brings to the table.

I get the feeling that most of the people who whine about j4's ult don't play the champ or maybe played him once and don't understand how to use his abilities properly.

I guess his shield could use a bit more, but I kind of like it as the no point wonder as it is. If they made his shield useful they'd probably have to take things away from other parts of his kit which is no fun for the jarman.

Though as for the OP I doubt he'll really be fotm. For a 2 button champ he's kind of hard to use. He also doesn't do well in blind pick games where all of a sudden you're matched against a nidalee, a vayne, an elise, kass, shaco, etc. FOTM champs tend to be spammed becuase they are good in a lot of situations. He'll gain some popularity no doubt but never to the point where you see him every single game. He should be almost exclusive to draft pick where you can see what you're up against, imo anyway.
well said I hope some on over in riot see this as its a really good explanation of where jarvan sits atm.

The Fierce Deity

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamwalkerLin View Post
I've seen crazy Jarvans that can 1v3 and carry games T.T
But I assure you, anyone can do it better.