You ever notice...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuj0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2010

the person who always says what roles the team needs is always one of the people who pick a champ and lock in within the first few seconds?

It never fails. Every time someone says during champ select "We need a tank" or "We need damage" or something along those lines, it's always a person who locks in right away. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for putting together a good team of champs, but that's why I usually don't lock in until I see the team has most of what it needs. I'll pick a champ quickly, but I usually don't lock in right away.

Anyway, just an observation.

Sekundes12

10-25-2010

but before that person logged in the team was in desperate need of ezreal so he did well

Jonathan Kent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2010

This has happened to me on a number of occasions and yes it is quite frustrating lol

BACKSTABUUU

10-25-2010

posting what I posted in an identical thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by die4769 View Post
If people are instalocking carries, it's likely that they're like me, just finished a 5 game losing streak tanking for randoms who don't understand "HURRR, BIG DUDE GO IN, DEN ME GO IN"

Teh Idort

10-25-2010

Well, you should know by now. to solo queue in ranked, you have to play a carry/tank/support character!

That way, you can carry while you tank while you heal!

i would suggest taric.

Logibro

10-25-2010

They auto-locked in their champ, so i'll just random mine, evens out right?

Pesse Jerring

10-25-2010

Auto lock in teemo

"need tank"

silpeamak

10-25-2010

I've had worse happen to me... TWO insta-lock casters

scrimbul

10-25-2010

Teams keep making me play tank when I am a support player with a little bit of AP nuker/mage/slow on the side. As things stand, I'm incapable of carrying and only decent at tanking, and own no hard tank champions other than Sion.

Then they wonder why they don't like it when I'm Nunu and consider Rod of Ages a viable starting item on a tank. Worse still, they make me consider feeding intentionally when the carry starts running his mouth off just because I wasn't present for one teamfight/lost a single turret (while we're winning), or left the lane because they decided to play poking mindgames in mid for 20 minutes because they didn't feel like initiating under the turret.

Moral of the story: Don't make me play tank when I'm angling for Janna, Malzahar, Zilean, Swain or the very worst, Gangplank because you locked in Miss Fortune or Ashe (which likely means you're incapable of playing any carries with creativity or skill). You won't like it when I get sick of waiting on the poking game to do my job while as the other 5 characters I could be controlling the lane.

Logibro

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrimbul View Post
hard tank
Sion.

Beefy and tank are NOT the same thing.

Tank = someone who can control the fight through taunts or disabling the enemy, such as Amumu's ult, or Galio's.
Sion has a stun which, while controlling the fight, does not pull any amount of damage onto you. After Sion stuns he has no way of ensuring the enemy he will hit him.
I'm sick and tired of people assuming a tank is anyone with more than 3k health late game.