What is the point of Statikk Shiv on dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orphane

02-09-2013

Can be useful for bottom lane ADC if you chose avarice blade for farm.

IMTOOJUICY

02-09-2013

the point of statikk shiv is to make volibear's paws shoot double the amount of lightning during his ultimate.

Wutufuh

02-09-2013

Its a really good first item on Yi. Gives you speed and dmg and crit and a lil extra gold. I get it on him and its OP.

Malah

02-09-2013

I've seen people argue that the critting passive evens it out with PD, but I don't see how it's any less awful than Wit's End is for the same reason: doesn't match up with your damage type.

I guess it does something for wave clear? If you're in range to auto that long I don't see why you'd need a Shiv, though.

ricedream5

02-09-2013

^IMO, Wit's end is not great on ADC only because it can't crit, not because it's magic damage. Since people tend to have more armor than MR, IMO the fact that it's magic damage is great. You probably won't build a last whisper until your 3rd item at earliest, and when the enemy has enough armor for you to want a LW, they don't necessarily have as much MR for magic damage to be worse.

SirLucious LftFt

02-10-2013

wits end is for the people who do magic dmg who also do solid auto atk dmg. The 2 people i play who its really good on is Cho, and mundo. it mixes with chos E awsome giving it more pop while also increasing its atk speed. For mundo he gets like 300 free ad end game so the atk speed is awsome. Really he just doesnt scale by gear much but gets a bunch of base dmg.

NavyGothic

02-10-2013

I like Shiv. It's basically an alternate for PD, sacrificing higher late-game damage for early poke and pushing power.

I think it's a solid choice for bot lane ADCs, particularly if you're up against a strong early-mid game pusher who would otherwise be able to push you out of lane.

nukular power

02-11-2013

I would aruge that PD doesn't really outdamage Shiv that much, given the critting passive and all that. I love it on Miss Fortune, who is the only ADC I consistently do well with on Dom, for whatever reason (guessing it's the 55% aoe slow). Not to mention her Q sets it off.

Talith PA

02-11-2013

I only ever build it on Ezreal.