Brand's ulti rework idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sappir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

I propose this idea because I feel that most people uses Brand's ulti as a finisher(as in after a team fight) rather then a team fight ability.

This is the original ability from the site

Pyroclasm - Brand unleashes a devastating torrent of fire, dealing magic damage each time it bounces. If a target is ablaze, Pyroclasm will priotize champions for the next bounce.
Brand unleashes a devastating torrent of fire, dealing 150/250/350 (+0.5) magic damage each time it bounces up to 5 bounces.

Blaze: If a target is ablaze, Pyroclasm will prioritize champions for the next bounce.
Cost
100/150/200 Mana
Range

I would instead prefer it to do a medium sized aoe around the target it hits and bouncing off to hit other enemies and producing a medium sized aoe per enemy hit, dealing 150/200/250(0.2) to encourage more team oriented plays

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

Don't fix what isn't broken. Don't you TOUCH my Brand (inb4 contacts commercial).

PerfidiousAlbion

02-09-2013

Why would they buff his ult when the only issue is with poor players misusing it? It's a strong ult and he's a solid champion. No changes required.

Ill Darkistino

02-09-2013

I think what hes trying to say is that it should be a teamfight ult, not a finisher.

PerfidiousAlbion

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill Darkistino View Post
I think what hes trying to say is that it should be a teamfight ult, not a finisher.
It is a teamfight ult.... If you hit one champion with it it's damage is unimpressive. If you hit 2 or more champions it's flipping amazing.

JustMyBassCannon

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill Darkistino View Post
So why is he telling Riot how their champions should be designed? Brand's ultimate is fine as is.

Morbidanimosity

02-09-2013

DONT TOUCH MY BRAND HIS ULT IS AMAZING! D:

use it in teamfights, especially in the jungle when it can only bounce from enemy champion to enemy champion.
if you get all 5 of the bounces, it totals to be 250% ap scaling, which is friggin amazing

Sappir

02-14-2013

True it isn't broken and it is perfectly fine the way it is, however the main point was for it to be encouraged to be used during a team fight. This also increases his potential damage output while decreasing how much power he gets early and mid game, effectively pushing him to be a late game champion. Right now his ulti is way too situation and is more a hit or miss sort of spell, that is why many players use it as a finisher(otherwise they're just relying on luck).

Afortuna

02-14-2013

First, his ult is the COOLEST looking effect in the game.
Second, start the team fights with the ult and watch everyone scatter.
Third, finish killing the ADC or Mage while everyone is scattered.
Fourth, retreat and pick at targets on fire.
Fifth, laugh hysterically.