So im about to start playing Shen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tons Of Šamage

10-25-2010

Any advice? Tips? I play 5v5s, iv seen the way Elementz plays him and i think hes pretty ****ing beast. But i know i cant play like him =(

So id love some tips and tricks.

djpeanutbutter

10-25-2010

You can use your ult without having to click on allied champs by pressing R+ F2-F5. Check the left side of your screen to see who is F2, F3, F4 and F5.

ChaosZeroX

10-25-2010

Hes a tank. It all depends on the enemy team/ Build MR if their Caster Heavy. Armor is DPS heavy.

Also, play your own way and have fun with it. Everyone can be good with their own play style. Don't become a sheep <.<

GuoonHo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2010

Remember to taunt. Save teammates with it.
Remember to ult. Save teammates with it.

Flash+Dash makes a good escape/chase/saving move.
Maxing feint first allows you to tank better when you have multiple targets taunted under you. I usually run with vorpal blade at 2 by lvl 3, then alternate between Feint and Dash. Some games I usually max either feint or dash first instead of alternating.

ball00nboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-25-2010

Level up Q and harass like a *************************.

EDIT: Really only use R to save your teammates, not to run away. Long enough cooldown as is.

Grimsqueaker

Recruiter

10-25-2010

In all honesty, grow some thick skin. The second your teammates see a Shen they assume they're invincible, and will overextend/take risks like no other. And then give you absolute **** for not saving them with your ult, even though you have a long cooldown on it.

(I basically just came out of a game where the harassment from our 'mid carry' from using my ult to save other teammates instead of her in the fight she would initiate shortly after got so bad that I started typing in chat, literally, '70 sec till ult. 50 sec till ult. ult in 30. ult up.' Every. Single. Time.)

Shen is fantastic to learn map awareness, as you'll be constantly keeping an eye on the other lanes, and it feels great when you get a couple of awesome ults per game which completely turns it around, but prepare for the people who don't understand what cooldowns are.

Tons Of Šamage

10-25-2010

Yeah totally, thanks for the tips. The first tip is great never knew that.

Chobimo

10-25-2010

Don't mindlessly taunt people unless you know it will result in a kill(s).

Map awareness also immensely helps since he has a global ult.

Keepin It Real

10-25-2010

#1 shen mistake i see is rambo shen. don't do that.

starting a good or bad encounter can be a difference of seconds; no hesitation. especially if it allows your team to come out ahead.

also knowing when to retreat/flash out is vital. running in getting a good init taunt and making them blow a bunch of cds on your large hp pool only for you to flash back out usually results in your team being able to mop up.

Minwa

10-25-2010

I'll add some more skilling advice.. I get Vorpal at lv. 1, then don't touch it again until feint and taunt are maxed. As long as you know how to last hit/are laning with someone decent, you don't need it above that, really. I find that alternating feint/taunt until both are 3, then taking feint to 5 before taunt to 4 helps a lot, since that'll be right about when teamfights start. Um, if you're low/mid Elo, you can stack heart of golds and then sell them off for real items later, but I don't recommend it. One is downright necessary for an Omen, you can even rush 2, and then upgrade one to Omen more slowly (if their AD isn't hurting too much).

edit: herpaderp spelling.