it's so sad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OK Kid

02-09-2013

People in helmets who play football(American) get payed tons more than the people in Helmets defending out country and dying for our country.
I like America and all but this country is so damn greedy.

IS130d109c04756628c7529

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK Kid View Post
People in helmets who play football(American) get payed tons more than the people in Helmets defending out country and dying for our country.
I like America and all but this country is so damn greedy.
Never thought of it that way....damn.

OK Kid

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FractureDesign View Post
Never thought of it that way....damn.

Neither did. I I thought of it at the Super Bowl you see all these unemployed and homeless veterans because they got disabled or have no money and no one helps then we say we appreciate them defending our country but so we really? Do we really?

KiteAzure

02-09-2013

But The NFL doesn't cover Health, Dental and Life insurance like the military does. The NFL does have some sort of Health coverage but it is not very reliable. (From what I read)

The NFL does pay a lot more then the military but I feel like its a trade off for the military having beneficial plans insurance wise. Not to mention the some what exclusive commissaries, shops, reduced payment for misc. (Go down to an amusement park and try to see if there is any military discount.), etc.

It really is your choice to see if it is worth it being in the military. I think sport stars are just going to get payed more because it is a much harder job to get into. If the government payed more then the sport stars, that is about 2 million people getting payed about approx. 1 million a year. This would ultimately make the country go bankrupt/poor.

Edit: Veterans are a different story I'm willing to look into/discuss

KonFewShuN

02-09-2013

As a member of the Armed Forces, thats not the only thing thats pretty ass backwards. Police and Fire Fighters also make a lot more than us, and the benefits they get are through the Gov. But hey, that's life i guess.

lukertin

02-09-2013

*state gov*

lol? you get free meals and housing for most of the year. To arrive at equal civilian pay, multiply your soldiers' pay by 1.3-1.4x to arrive at a comparable salary.

KonFewShuN

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukertin View Post
*state gov*

lol? you get free meals and housing for most of the year. To arrive at equal civilian pay, multiply your soldiers' pay by 1.3-1.4x to arrive at a comparable salary.
Free meals? what? Not even our chow during boot was free, we payed every time. We just didn't know because we didn't individually pay for our chow.

Housing? Single/Deployed Marines live in Barracks, which probably isn't even measurable to Base Housing.

As a Marine who is married, i get the choice to choose on base or off base housing, but guess what, if i choose on base housing, they take ALL of my allowance for base housing, i don't pocket any of it. So that leaves me with my paycheck to pay debt/cars/gas/phone/food/dependent.

lukertin

02-09-2013

whether or not it's comparable, you get comped income on which you don't need to pay tax, and it doesn't come out of your basic pay.

KonFewShuN

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukertin View Post
whether or not it's comparable, you get comped income on which you don't need to pay tax, and it doesn't come out of your basic pay.
Our basic pay is taxed, even when you're over seas.

lukertin

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonFewShuN View Post
Our basic pay is taxed, even when you're over seas.
your housing and meal allowances aren't.