I've been having a lot of success with this Leona build (going on 50 games now)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperQuackDuck

02-11-2013

Not sure abt roa and bft. I like bft simply because .. Well its bft. But i feel that for sheer utility to your team, leona should be going sweeper+IG. Runes and masteries to round out the leftover cdr gap. Though to be completely honest im on the fence about IG be ause you're most likely going to doing an EQ on your target so im not sure how important it is to slow on top of the stun. Will have to test.

ZallKlos

02-11-2013

Well... people aren't really going to attack you so Omen's and Thornmail kinda lose some points. FH won't do much if you're facing lot of AD casters. Sunfire doesn't give CDR. Then Icefist remains.

Volandum

02-11-2013

Omen is fine, you have the active, carries will often have to attack you for lack of better targets (and aps will often just auto you out of habit) and it has a ton of health. It doesn't give cdr either though.

Koravel

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperQuackDuck View Post
Not sure abt roa and bft. I like bft simply because .. Well its bft. But i feel that for sheer utility to your team, leona should be going sweeper+IG. Runes and masteries to round out the leftover cdr gap. Though to be completely honest im on the fence about IG be ause you're most likely going to doing an EQ on your target so im not sure how important it is to slow on top of the stun. Will have to test.
Duck, what you do is use e to get to your target, then hit them with a normal attack. Now they are slowed and won't be going anywhere. When the slow wears off, you hit them with a q then auto attack after your stun wears off. THEN you activate W at the right time so that when it goes off, you can auto attack yet again and get yet another slow.

It's an absolutely brutal combo that *nothing* is going to get away from unless they have some sort of blink ability.

Not to mention you just dished out 4 auto attacks at +125% strength, so that's the equivalent of hitting 10 normal auto attacks, as well as all that damage from Q,W,E and the BFT procs you would trigger. R can be used to finish the job if you're alone.

Luninareph

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS183e69d4080426 View Post
I don't have a 4 man premade to play dominion with, so leaona isn't viable for me.
I'm guessing neither does 90% of the other people that play dominion.
So just stick to Blitcrank/Tresh/Nautilus.
...Leona "isn't viable without a 4-man premade," so you're going to play THRESH? Mr. Skype Coordination Personified?

MajorSwain

02-14-2013

I would suggest Movementspeed Quints and Armor Yellows.

phyerbert

02-14-2013

GP 10 runes may not have a huge effect considered on their own, but maybe that extra bit of gold gets her ahead into the "i don't die anymore" phase just early enough to stay ahead of the other team's damage. It may mean the difference between having that item for the next fight or not. And being ahead in items means kills and assists, which brings in more gold. At the end of the day, if he's winning games with that build it's hard to contest that. Might not be the perfect build for everyone, but he's figured it out.

Lumara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
You're so wrong. The whole point of focusing on AP items with utility as opposed to just grabbing tanky gear with utility is because this build actually does a lot of damage. It's CDR capped, and it has Gauntlet's proc and BFT's proc to amp up the damage while sitting on over 250 AP for that little extra kick.
Where are you getting 250 AP from?? I count 200 AP max from the items you suggest (RoA 80AP/Gauntlet 40AP/BFT 80AP), and that is including a fully charged RoA. So where is the extra 50 AP from?? are you 21/?/? What are your masteries for this and Blue Runes?

XantheInsane

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyerbert View Post
GP 10 runes may not have a huge effect considered on their own, but maybe that extra bit of gold gets her ahead into the "i don't die anymore" phase just early enough to stay ahead of the other team's damage. It may mean the difference between having that item for the next fight or not. And being ahead in items means kills and assists, which brings in more gold. At the end of the day, if he's winning games with that build it's hard to contest that. Might not be the perfect build for everyone, but he's figured it out.
Or, if you start out with regular runes, you could start out evenly with the other team, which will get you more assists, which gets you to the "i dont die anymore" phase even sooner while not shooting yourself in the foot for the early fights.