I've been having a lot of success with this Leona build (going on 50 games now)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koravel

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
RoA's stats aid Leona much more than Frozen Mallet's stats; and as Leona you need to build a massive health item. The problem with pure/support tank Leona on Dom is that she really does no damage; if it's AP Amumu vs Tank/Support Leona, Amumu's team is going to win because their tank is dealing a lot of damage while being a tank.
I agree completely, and I really like this build. I did it a bit backwards, but this build just won a game where the other team's tank was amumu, and went 10/11/17 while it was doing so. I don't think I've ever had more than 5 kills as Leona lol and its been a very long since I played her.

What do you go as far as masteries? 9-21?

Eyemite

02-10-2013

Quote:
The problem with pure/support tank Leona on Dom is that she really does no damage; if it's AP Amumu vs Tank/Support Leona, Amumu's team is going to win because their tank is dealing a lot of damage while being a tank.
While it is true that amumu "can" dish out more dmg and for the most part leona's ratios are pretty low this has nothing to do with effectiveness of the character. Leona is innately tanky through her shield which opens up her build path a little more while amumu has to sacrifice tankiness for damage. Plus I would say the mindset of the 2 characters and the approach is slightly different because of their overall kits.

konfetarius

02-10-2013

Quote:
One of the highest elo players, someone who was on the team that just won the tournament, plays Leona on dominion and kicks ass with her. Have fun trying to convince people who actually know what they're talking about that Leona isn't viable on dominion. That's one of the most ridiculous things I've hard.
And before someone proclaims "but organized team!"

1. That team of bads isn't organized. The only thing its organized to do is teamkill.
2. Buwberry carries the **** out derpy solo queue games with Leona.

Koravel

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
And before someone proclaims "but organized team!"

1. That team of bads isn't organized. The only thing its organized to do is teamkill.
2. Buwberry carries the **** out derpy solo queue games with Leona.
I can certainly attest to #2. I think PECS would take issue with #1 lol.

konfetarius

02-10-2013

No, they won't. Especially inFe eD and Painkillar.

inFe eD

02-10-2013

They are all bads.

konfetarius

02-10-2013

Nope. There is a handsome bravelord amongst them, basking them with his most incandescent radiance.

inFe eD

02-10-2013

Why thanks, I didn't know you felt that way about me.

NamKim

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Why thanks, I didn't know you felt that way about me.
He was referring to Panzerzs.

Ikruti

02-11-2013

I like to play Leona and have to back the Iceborn Gauntlet build. That item in particular is very powerful on her.

Now, I do go with the Boots + Kindlegem opener, because I like the fact it can build in to a Sweeper, or any number of other useful items depending on your needs.

I don't know about an RoA...her ratios as mentioned are fairly weak and getting mana isn't that hard, the only real question is the health. Given it's long charge time and the need to get it early to really make use of the one thing you really want means forgoing early CDR. I'm not saying she can't use it, but it seems like an awfully large trade off.

What do others suggest as an opener? I could imagine that boots + giant's belt would also be nice. If you go with early W that would synergize fairly well I'd think. But I'm not sure which is more effective in that opening windmill, the 10% CDR or the 180 HP.