Are we going to get BotRK on Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

silenthunt

02-12-2013

I want it for the lifesteal, Kitae's is useless to me.

A Slime Appears

02-12-2013

Too good on champs like Jax and Xin.

Kholdstare13

02-13-2013

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Kitae's is the last remaining shard of a bloodrazor left in the game! It's not as good as madred's was, but it gives me SOMETHING to play with. Sadly it is in the mode where it means the least thanks to the map design giving power to bruises and assassins to ignore my team's position and the lack of the good attack speed lightbringer that was useful for continuing an attack when they ran above windmill or into a bush... I WANT THAT BACK! Not stealth-detecting, but a ranged attack speed soft reveal so I can stay firmly in place with my allies who refuse to buy their own grez etc. to reveal when someone runs up there, and just keep attacking.

Volandum

02-13-2013

I just get my own lantern. Last game I think I was kog'maw with a Lantern, the Nocturne top had a Lightbringer, the Lux, Katarina and Fizz on my team had Sweepers.

Malah

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slime Appears View Post
Too good on champs like Jax and Xin.
If fringe cases haven't stopped other items from coming into the map I really see no reason to stop at this one.

Overall impact seems to be a priority over exceptional cases of derp. DFG Eve, anyone? I'm less concerned with Jax/Xin with it and more annoyed by 3k HP being the minimum for anyone who wants to bother with defense and 4K on the average tank with zero itemization to effectively counter it unless you roll AS Vayne or on-hit Kayle with a Razor/Torch, and even then you can't both do damage and not die. Case in point, just got shoved against a Singed as Kayle and I'll go so far as to say there's effectively nothing you can do about it since there's no way to get enough of a gold-lead to do more damage than he can out-tank without losing top 3v4.

A Slime Appears

02-13-2013

I'm not sure I'd say every autoattack champ is a fringe case. But if you want to face a Yorick with that thing, go ahead.

Malah

02-13-2013

As long as the cutlass active is made exclusive I don't see a problem with it. It's an alternative to Sanguine to deal with health stacking that has current health tacked on as a limiter (which everyone seemed to spit on when Liandry v Torch debates came up). BFT doesn't suddenly make every mage derpass when they pick it up (just some of them) and I expect the same result with BotRK.

A Slime Appears

02-13-2013

BFT isn't really a fair comparison because the passive doesn't spell vamp and it doesn't have 10% spell vamp, or a spell vamp active. Bork has 10% life steal, a life steal passive and a life steal active. It's also ~1k cheaper than BFT. If BFT worked like that, then yea, mages would get a bit derpass.

Genericke

02-13-2013

I don't think it should be for a few reasons.

1. We don't have warmogs.

This is kind of the only reason. But also.

2. Most mages build BFT anyways.

3. With the prevalence of bruisers it would turn dominion into a bit of an arms race.

lbgsloan

02-14-2013

I personally don't understand the item; as an AD/lifesteal item it's basically always going to be strictly better or worse than BT/Sanguine. Last patch, it was still worse than BT/sanguine. However it got 5 more AD and 1% to the on-hit this patch, so it may have been pushed past BT/sanguine for any autoattacker.

As Genericke said, unless they add Warmogs to Dominion we don't need BotRK. That doesn't mean Kitae's should continue to be a useless pos though, but it looks like we missed the support window to get Kitae's and Entropy changed.