I've been having a lot of success with this Leona build (going on 50 games now)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Quackers

02-08-2013

I run her with GP10 seals/quints and start the game with a Kage's Lucky Pick and a Ruby Crystal. From there, I build for health, utility, and a bit of AP:

- Ruby Crystal ends with a RoA
- Pick up boots of your choice
- Build Frozen Fist
- Finish Kage's into BFT

The build is pretty much done by that point, leaving two slots open for any specific needs you have in a particular game. The idea here is that I was having issues building large health items on Leona without feeling like I was wasting a lot of gold or like I just couldn't get all the stats I wanted without reaching 6 items. With this 4 item build, Leona has decent damage presence, 35% CDR, around 1k bonus health, a bit of armor, and an AoE on hit slow every 2secs.

I usually end up building a Sunfire Cape or a Bulwark in one of the remaining slots; it also gives you leeway to pick up something like a Thornmail to counter specific champs. I want to stress that the idea here is not to build AP Leona; if you choose to round off this build with a Wooglet's, you'll be sorely disappointed at how little it boosts your damage.

Torkable

02-08-2013

I dont play leona, but I have a feeling people are going to tell you gp10 in general is a total waste on dom.
Also sunfire is pretty meh and you should get randuins instead.

General Quackers

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkable View Post
I dont play leona, but I have a feeling people are going to tell you gp10 in general is a total waste on dom.
Also sunfire is pretty meh and you should get randuins instead.
Sunfire isn't meh in the right build, it's actually really gold efficient for the stats; Randuin's has the problem of a heavy cost investment into armor, which gets shredded hard Cleaverminion. I can personally attest that GP10 runes make a large difference on Dom when used on less than efficient farming champs; and GP10 items that build into high tier gear are always worth it.

grandmastad

02-09-2013

bulwark, lucidity, gauntlet

game is usually over by then

IS1c5019c283e69d4080426

02-09-2013

Leona not viable in dominion.

Little mobility, depends on others for damage, nautilus is better choice overall.

NamKim

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS183e69d4080426 View Post
Leona not viable in dominion.

Little mobility, depends on others for damage, nautilus is better choice overall.
I'll be sure to pass the message to CaptnBuwberry.

FeanorAlmighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
Sunfire isn't meh in the right build, it's actually really gold efficient for the stats; Randuin's has the problem of a heavy cost investment into armor, which gets shredded hard Cleaverminion. I can personally attest that GP10 runes make a large difference on Dom when used on less than efficient farming champs; and GP10 items that build into high tier gear are always worth it.
GP 10 runes make little to no difference in Dominion.

3 gold each 10 seconds, 18 gold each minute. 360 gold in a 20 minute game. That's a free pair of boots...

blackDAILO

02-09-2013

Why RoA?

General Quackers

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackDAILO View Post
Why RoA?
RoA because large health items are extremely limited in Dom and I got sick of building Frozen Mallet when the only stat I wanted was the health.

IS1c5019c283e69d4080426

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
I'll be sure to pass the message to CaptnBuwberry.
Whatever.

CC bots are a lot less useful in dominion since teamfights are a lot more often and a lot less decisive.
Also, have fun in solo queue with an uncoordinated team with an all-in type of character.
Also, have fun not doing any damage, and needing at least 1 teammate with you to proc your passive.
Lastly, have fun versus high-mobility champs takingtenacity.