Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

old TT back, pleassssssssssssse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lorthix

02-09-2013

Quote:
Aerophobia:
If you played horribly afterwards yes, yes it was. But if you're playing horribly you're gonna lose anyways. There was still jungle and buffs to farm to catch up if you really needed it.

First blood on the new map means you just lost your altar, gave 1 person a large advantage of gold and possibly 2 others a small advantage with assist gold and with double altars they will gain gold even faster and be harder to fight as well. Good luck.

The entire bolded portion applied exactly to the old version as well. Hell, it applies to SR too. You gave 1 person a large gold advantage no matter what map you're playing. First blood on the new map does not mean you lost your alter seeing as it doesn't spawn until later now and your teammate would have plenty of time to respawn and come back.

Your entire point about spider, to me, came across as you just not liking that you can't ward it and see if they are taking spider or not. Spider is much more difficult to solo than dragon ever was, so trying to use that as an argument against the new map is entirely irrelevant.

Aerophobia

02-09-2013

Quote:
Sam:
Some can solo it*.

In the old map, dragon can be solo'd by most jungle champions with just a madred.

And thats the problem exactly. Anyone could play any champion and solo it with a decent build. People that were meant to jungle could solo it with easier and some especially more than others because of a certain part of their skillset.

Now what, *some can solo it. So a few people get a heavy advantage. Cool beans, because the people i think of off the top of my head that could solo it wouldn't really be any kind of awkward pick or a hinderance to their team in any way just because of them being picked.

Aerophobia

02-09-2013

Quote:
Lorthix:
The entire bolded portion applied exactly to the old version as well. Hell, it applies to SR too. You gave 1 person a large gold advantage no matter what map you're playing. First blood on the new map does not mean you lost your alter seeing as it doesn't spawn until later now and your teammate would have plenty of time to respawn and come back.

Your entire point about spider, to me, came across as you just not liking that you can't ward it and see if they are taking spider or not. Spider is much more difficult to solo than dragon ever was, so trying to use that as an argument against the new map is entirely irrelevant.

You wanna check that bolded point again there buddy? It most definitely does not all completely apply to the old map as well. The first blood bonus, the kill gold, and the assist gold do in fact apply to the old map but im quite sure there were no altars that gave bonus gold on every kill and extra strength that helps shove someone already behind in a game even further behind. If you cant fight them without a buff, what makes you think you can fight them with one?

Also, do you assume i'm blindly hating this map or something? I know when the altars spawn and everything about the map. I didn't just blindly hate the map on release and didnt play it whatsoever. I played for all of the updates that it is currently running on right now. They spawn at 3 min and have like a 90 second respawn lock timer i believe. If you die early you are losing that first tower to a competent team. If you die later you are coming back to a team ahead of you that will be pushing for the altar. Can you stop them?

Oh yes, and even if i do hate the no vision factor and that plays a part in my problem with the situation as a whole... How on gods green earth does that make it irrelevant? It's just icing on the cake. I still listed reasons as to why i don't like it/ problems i think there are with it.

Nerdsinc

02-10-2013

Oh great, another unjustified post by an ignorant user who's obviously never read the TT forums before...

Great work OP.

Eloquid

02-10-2013

New map is completely and totally idiotic.

Aerophobia

02-10-2013

Quote:
Nerdsinc:
Oh great, another unjustified post by an ignorant user who's obviously never read the TT forums before...

Great work OP.

Oh great, another hateful post providing no insight or information whatsoever and judging someone else on their post.

Great work.

Nerdsinc

02-10-2013

Quote:
Aerophobia:
Oh great, another hateful post providing no insight or information whatsoever and judging someone else on their post.

Great work.

Is insight and/or information really needed?

All the OP needed to do was look at the forum. There are so many posts like this that it just isn't worth quoting every single one of them to the OP.

I've alreaty typed out my rants (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3014527) and I try not to spam link my thread to every single one of these posts.

Mick Rider

02-12-2013

delete the new twisted treeline better

Code William

02-17-2013

I disagree. I think I have the best solution. We can have both in the next patch.

guy272

Recruiter

02-19-2013

what if riot had the old TT as a custom map, like proving grounds, and the new TT as the matchmaking verion?