The real reason why people think Flash is a get out of fail free card:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Reaver

10-25-2010

Surprise! This isn't a troll thread.

The reason people think Flash is "overpowered" in comparison to other summoner spells is that it greatly extends your zone of safety. Some of you probably knew this, and a lot of you probably knew it but weren't thinking of it this way. The "get out of fail free card" description is a little erroneous. Flash doesn't let you get out of fail no matter. It just shrinks the fail zone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kxGQ3gWdrM

^That's a link to Shurelia's zoning tutorial, if you haven't seen it yet. In that video, she explains that each hero has its own zone of pressure. Flash allows you to immediately relocate yourself outside of an enemy champion's pressure zone, thereby granting you instant safety.

This wouldn't really be that bad if it weren't for one simple reason: the distance between your tower and the enemy tower is incredibly short. There is only one gank path leading into sidelanes (the river), so you can stand in the middle of the lane and farm all day with impunity. Having Flash basically means that you are effectively 425 (I think that's the range) units behind where you actually are whenever Flash is off cooldown.

I don't think Flash by itself is the problem. The problem is Flash combined with the short distance between the towers. This is really a feature of most "problems" with this game: no single feature of the game is by itself bad. It is usually those features combined with other features that create the real problem (i.e. Garen with Sunfires, carries without escapes with Flash, AoE ultimates stacked on top of each other, etc.).

The Reaver

10-25-2010

Slid off the front page within a couple of minutes.

The Reaver

10-25-2010

Let's try this again.

Arkensth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2010

Your reasoning is solid, sir.

I'm for the keeping of flash, but the changes I saw Zileas posted seem viable as well.

Boltage

10-25-2010

so correct...
the "safety zone" is whats causing all the commotion
try getting away from a yi at his base just by using flash to get a bit farther from him
nope, not gunna work.

Zarifes

10-25-2010

Didn't everyone already know this?