Dota/HoN -> LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyCoomber View Post
It says I need 450 IP to unlock Ashe, how many IP do you usually get per match?
Wow. Have you played yet?

So, don't play practice games. Period. They cut your IP/XP.

You get ~70 per loss and ~100 per win with a 2x bonus for your first win of the day. This is a conservative estimate. You can also purchase (cash monies) boosts to increase your IP output. Anyhow, my last FW of the day was 330IP ish. Which is ... most of Ashe.

Like, 4 nonranked nonpractice games in, you should be able to afford any 450 hero.

WesleyCoomber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2010

Nah I'm doing HW right now and posting inbetween problems, so I haven't played a match yet.

My theory craft skill build for Ashe is:

2/3/3/1/3/4/3/1/1/1/2/4/2/2

Volley seems to do hardly anything with higher lvls (except for lower cd which is useless because of Ashe's low mana pool)

Hawkshot for farming and anti gank.

Frost Shot for harrasing and killing. Is there orb walking in LoL? Or are the creep agro mechanics different?

EDIT: Also are there Orb Effects in LoL? So I can't use certain items because of frost shot?

Faintblade

10-25-2010

Quote:
Ummm Hi obviously I mean Manta style is the clear best item on all ranged carries. Quit trolling.

Please give me the generic 'good for almost every situation' items for each hero type:

-Ranged Carry
-Melee Carry
-Support
-Ganker
These are the cheap ones I would sugguest:
Ranged Carry: Tristana(If you get the facebook skin it gives you the champion automatically), and ashe are both very solid. Tristana is more mobile and (imo) scales better, due to the fact that she has a 90% attack speed steroid, but Ashe is very solid as well. She has a cross-map stun that is the longest stun in the game, which can be very amazing if played right.

Melee Carry: Right now, Imo, Jax is very fun to play and is 1350. Similarly, If you want to go up one level and get Xin Zhao, he's very very solid, and is only 3150. Xin Zhao has a charge that doubles as a slow, An attack speed steroid, an Aoe % damage ult(that also makes him very durable) and a knock up. He's very good. Yi is 450, so very cheap, and also pretty viable if you can learn him.

Support: Sona. All the way. Sona sona sona sona. She's 3150 but she's just all around amazing. She does the basics of every support character and has an aoe stun for her ult.
If you dont want to get 3150, Taric is 1350 I believe, and he's much more tanky than Sona is, and provides many of the same utilities. Awesome dual-person heal, Awesome armor aura(and armor reduction aura), Awesome 2 second stun on a tiny cooldown, and Awesome AoE attack damage aura Ult. Both of these characters are tier 1.

Ganker: Twitch is the best ganker in the game, but he's 6300, so I'll skip him. For 3150, you can get Warwick, who's ganking is AMAZING. He can also jungle, and do it better than anyone, so that's a huge +. He's tier 1 and for a reason. Similarly, Akali does that job pretty well too. She can run out of the bushes, dash to you, and decimate you in seconds. If you want a ganker, Warwick or akali are your guys.

Hope it helped, and hope you stick around! I have respect for HoN and HoN players (although i prefer LoL) and I hope you have as much fun here as i do!

andro14

10-25-2010

You can ignore creeps damage at lvl 1
Another thing to add: ranged heroes range is like Zeus range (give or take a little)
runes and masteries along with summoner spells greatly changes the outcome of your performance

Edit: you can stack as much orb effect as u want, as long as u don't stack the same "Unique". Only the strongest slow will apply onto the target, for example if u buy frozen mallet (Skadi) on Ashe only the strongest slow will apply. If you buy -armor and slow and any other orb, they will all stack together

Faintblade

10-25-2010

Quote:
Nah I'm doing HW right now and posting inbetween problems, so I haven't played a match yet.

My theory craft skill build for Ashe is:

2/3/3/1/3/4/3/1/1/1/2/4/2/2

Volley seems to do hardly anything with higher lvls (except for lower cd which is useless because of Ashe's low mana pool)

Hawkshot for farming and anti gank.

Frost Shot for harrasing and killing. Is there orb walking in LoL? Or are the creep agro mechanics different?

EDIT: Also are there Orb Effects in LoL? So I can't use certain items because of frost shot?
No, you can use every item with frost shot. I'm not sure on the skill build for her, personally, but if you're good at last hitting, hawkshot wouldnt be terrible. You want at least 1 rank of volley. Volley is very good harass early game, and can also farm creeps, which is why most max it first.

Faintblade

10-25-2010

Quote:
It says I need 450 IP to unlock Ashe, how many IP do you usually get per match?

And the POTM arrow ult is really fast right? Cause Global range doesn't seem very good if its same speed as the Dota Arrow... (Imagines 20 sec delay from across map shot)
Similarly, if you go get the Tristana skin for free by "like"ing facebook, you can do your first couple of matches with a ranged carry to get the feel of it and then get ashe when you have the IP for her.
I have a great tristana build if you'd like to do that.

ShadyGrave

10-25-2010

volley should be maxed first, it actually does a decent amount of damage and has low cooldowns at high level. i usually get 2 (personal preference) hawkshot next and then max slow (with ult whenever possible)

Keegan320

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McCain View Post
This is the best you're gonna get, honestly

WesleyCoomber

10-25-2010

The wiki says all volley gets from levels is +10 damage and lowered cool down.

Looking at Ashe's base stats-she has a really small mana pool, so I don't think she can really spam it.

So I'm thinking that Orb Harass and +Gold Farm are better to get early, and using lvl 1 volley sparingly like zues' chain lighting (for a last hit and minor harass).

However, if creeps really do deal negligible damage in LoL, maybe the frost shot for orb harass isn't really worth it?

Srikler

10-25-2010

Manamue or how ever it's spelled might help if your having mana problems with Ashe. It's a DPS item that gives +20 AD and then uses 1.5 or 2% of your manapool as extra AD.

similairly. Here is a guide on her

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...he-guide.xhtml