Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dota/HoN -> LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadyGrave

10-25-2010

for ranged carry i would add Ashe being a solid choice.

there is another category that somewhat combines with ganker which is jungler. amumu/warwick/olaf fill this role superbly. there are others too

Gaeb

Recruiter

10-25-2010

Quote:
slowpokie:
Pubstompers and top Team picks are different. This is because arranged team and solo queue games are very different. Arranged team is more reliant on good teamwork and good team picks, whereas solo queues often have minimal teamwork.

Quoted for ridiculously mother trucking emphasis. Eve is RIDICULOUS against pubs at low ELO. I'm talking 38-0 ridiculous.

She's a joke against a good team.

FlubbyDG

10-25-2010

Such a sad state of events, these gamea re great

WesleyCoomber

10-25-2010

Quote:
ShadyGrave:
for ranged carry i would add Ashe being a solid choice.

Hey after looking at 'Elementz Tier List' and your suggestion I looked Ashe up on the LoL Wiki.

As far as I can tell, she is drow ranger without silence, with alch's farming passive, and POTM's arrow as an ultimate?

And her 'Volley' spell seems massively IMBA? If its like the Tides of Blood split arrow ability, then I can walk up to melee range and do 7x(80+attack damage) to a single target for 60 mana?

Minrog

10-25-2010

Quote:
WesleyCoomber:
And her 'Volley' spell seems massively IMBA? If its like the Tides of Blood split arrow ability, then I can walk up to melee range and do 7x(80+attack damage) to a single target for 60 mana?

If it seems too good to be true....

You don't get to hit the same target with more than 1 of the Volley arrows. There was a bug with Morgana's Black Shield where it let Ashe do that, but it was fixed very quickly.

WesleyCoomber

10-25-2010

So do the arrows not pierce enemies?

Or is the 7 arrows really just art that disguises a sort of Ranged Tide Bringer that costs mana?

Seymaar

Recruiter

10-25-2010

Quote:
WesleyCoomber:
So do the arrows not pierce enemies?

Or is the 7 arrows really just art that disguises a sort of Ranged Tide Bringer that costs mana?

If an arrow hits an enemy, it will block that arrow. So, you can hit a max of 7 targets (it's basically a skillshot-cone).

(also note the POTM arrow ult has global range and doesn't hit creeps)

WesleyCoomber

10-25-2010

It says I need 450 IP to unlock Ashe, how many IP do you usually get per match?

And the POTM arrow ult is really fast right? Cause Global range doesn't seem very good if its same speed as the Dota Arrow... (Imagines 20 sec delay from across map shot)

juz501

10-25-2010

It flies a lot faster than POTM arrow

ShadyGrave

10-25-2010

its between about 70 (loss) and 115 (win) ip per match, with a first day bonus of around 250. she was one of the original champs, so she is cheap.