Dota/HoN -> LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crusis

10-25-2010

Kog maw- Carry
Janna - supportish
Taric- support
Amumu - Tank/AOE STUN
Morgana - caster/AOE STUN
Miss fortune- carry/AOE ULT
Galio - Tank/AOE ult

I suggest you go on awesome and helpful fan sites like leaguecraft.com for well written guides by the community.

iKoloR

10-25-2010

Sunfire capes. Lots and lots of sunfire capes

Paero

10-25-2010

Everyone seems to suck elementz tier lists **** so i say just follow that

Warscythes

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paero View Post
Everyone seems to suck elementz tier lists **** so i say just follow that
To be fair, his list is not completely correct, but it is a great general guideline if you have no idea.

Swarna

10-25-2010

Top tier champs alone are only gonna help you in casual play. When you actually play in an organized team, the majority of the cast becomes viable and vary in effectiveness depending on team composition and play styles. For now, because you haven't even started playing yet you're gonna play in "newbie island". With your DotA/HoN experience you can probably pubstomp with any burst or carry champ. You can't expect to play "real" LoL anytime soon (atleast before level 30). That's the sad truth.

Groosalugg

10-25-2010

Gragas is OP, play him if you wanna smash face and win with sexy style.

TheAngryMunchkin

10-25-2010

While the individual placement within the tiers is easily debatable, the tiers themselves in his list tend to be VERY accurate,

IntFam

10-25-2010

You should have used "to" instead of "->" because the illiterate forum members are going to think you're implying that LoL is inferior to them because of the > being present.

Anyhow, Elementz tier list (which I'm hoping some one has listed already. I don't feel like digging for it) is widely regarded as a fairly accurate assessment of competitive champions HOWEVER, even Elementz himself concurs that the list is, in fact, simply an educated opinion, and not set in stone. Any champion can be viable if built right and thrown into the right pair of hands. I recommend playing the game and choosing which champion works the best under your control.

Once you've picked a champion, head to the Guides and Strategy forum, and throw up a "Item/Rune/Mastery builds for Champ X?" thread. You'll get tons of good replies if you bookmark it and keep it bumped for a day or two. It also helps that, if something isn't working for you, you ask if there's a better way to approach the situation. DotA/HoN are very different games from LoL outside of their game style, so don't be afraid to admit you might not be properly educated on certain facets of the game (like tower behavior, which always throws new players from the other side for a loop.)

Finally, welcome to LoL. Hope you enjoy your stay.

ShadyGrave

10-25-2010

leaguecraft and mobafire also have lots of guides in them, and general information/tips/tricks to each champ.

mcguigz

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warscythes View Post
To be fair, his list is not completely correct, but it is a great general guideline if you have no idea.
Actually its 100% correct as it is 100% his opinion as he says in the first sentence.