Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Minor] Loss of control bars not showing on others

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RexSaur

02-08-2013

Priority: Minor

Description: Basically what the title says, you can see the icon of the cc effect but you cannot see the duration bar on enemies/alies, you can only see it from your spells, im pretty sure you used to be able to see the duration of everyone's cc.

I guess that could be intended but then theres really not much a point in this whole loss of control system, i like being able to see the duration of all ccs as it gives more information.

Xelnath

Recruiter

02-08-2013

This is a discussion we're having internally.

Right now, we've decided to not show the duration for effects that aren't done by you or affecting you. If you feel differently, please speak up.

RexSaur

02-08-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:

Right now, we've decided to not show the duration for effects that aren't done by you or affecting you. If you feel differently, please speak up.

Imo that kinda defeats the purpose of the system in the first place.

Being able to see all the durations helps with things such as perfectly chaining CC's into a target and general awareness.

I dont see on whats wrong with it, i mean its toggleable so if someone doesnt like the screen ''clutter'' it might provoke they can always turn it off.

I wonder if it would be possible to have another toggle so you can select if you want to see everyone's cc bar duration or only yours?That would solve the issue.

WarlordAlpha

Recruiter

02-08-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:

Assuming there is already an option to enable/disable the loss of control bar for yourself, I think there should be two options:

"Display Loss of Control Bar: Self"
"Display Loss of Control Bar: Other"

That way if you feel it clutters the screen too much you can disable it on allied/enemy players.

The reason I feel this should be an option is that it would allow you to more easily combo CCs, especially at lower MMR brackets and when playing alongside champions you are unfamiliar with.

For example, even at my MMR (which I consider to be fairly high, mostly against mid-gold players) I frequently get teammates who literally do not know that Xerath has a 1.5-second stun. Being able to see the LoC bar on whoever I have stunned would allow them to more easily combo their CC off of mine.

KesslerCOIL

02-08-2013

being able to see the duration of ANY cc is incredibly helpful, for ganks, teamfights.. any fight.
If its a stun then you know how long you have till the enemy is back in the fight and if its a gank then you know how long you have to get to the target

SneakyAzShiite

02-08-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:

i would prefer all CC on anyone at a given time =)

ExaltedVanguard

02-08-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:

Well, let's look at the point of CC bars in the first place. It's to make it so you don't need to know the CC timings of every champion in the game. If you've been playing for a while you probably already do (it's not as colossal as it sounds), but it's great for newer players.

However, if you only show it for your own CCs, what's the point for showing it on any enemy?

Even a newer player should already know the timing/duration of their own CC. If you're playing a champion, you know your abilities and you really shouldn't need this at all (first game or two aside, of course).

I see this as being useful when a Leona throws in her combo and you're not sure when to launch in your Ahri charm (assuming you haven't played with Leona much). The status bars show up so you can time your skill without having to know Leona's CC timing.

If I already know my own CC timing (which I will unless it's my first game with the champ), this HUD element gives me absolutely no information. In other words, it's clutter. If you're going to show it on enemies, it needs to show teammates' CC or there's no purpose for showing it on enemies at all.

Yensu

02-09-2013

CC timers SHOULD be shown all the time on anyone visible.
Don't see a problem with it.

K rent

02-09-2013

Seeing other people's timers would give you an explanation as to what just happened.

Hudelf

02-09-2013

Showing them may help with chaining CC on enemies, or helping allies with their CC if you are in a position to do so (peel, Crucible, Black Shield for any added CC, etc).

Worried clutter could be an issue though.