New Updates to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pink Punk Zebra

02-08-2013

Lyte the only problem Tribunal have is

First -People need to know when they reported with a notification "You have been reported"

Second-People spam punish because they dont care about justice

Third-People spam reports for no reasons

So pls fix that stuff!! And the tribunal will be good

Superbone1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Since we released [url2="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2722291&=updates+to+the+tribunal"]The Justice Review[/url2] a few months ago, we’ve been monitoring The Tribunal and would like to share a few changes we’ve made that are subtle, but critical. These changes are aimed at improving accuracy, providing voters more relevant information, and helping to identify the most toxic players even faster. I want to quickly highlight these changes and explain the logic behind them:

• Previously, our Player Support team reviewed every Tribunal case before approving punishments and pardons. After reviewing the past 12 months of data, we’ve seen that cases that are unanimously pardoned or punished tend to be extremely accurate—Player Support rarely overturns these decisions. In light of this data, we’re now going to focus our attention on the cases that are more ambiguous—the slight majorities and split decisions. This should improve The Tribunal’s accuracy by focusing on the cases that need the most attention.
  • We’ve tweaked how The Tribunal builds cases: Instead of 100% random sampling, The Tribunal will attempt to find the games that ultimately sent each player to The Tribunal. By selecting recent games that had a big impact in sending the player to The Tribunal, you should see the average number of reports against a player increase per game.
  • The Tribunal system is a constant balance between speed and accuracy. In the past, we were concerned that forcing The Tribunal to find more games per case meant that toxic players were left unchecked for longer than necessary. However, we realize that more information for our judges means more accurate verdicts, and recent optimizations have allowed us to change The Tribunal so that every case will have at least two games to review instead of one.
  • Players have often said they forget how many cases they’ve done on a given day—we’ve added a progress bar that will outline how close you are to maxing out your daily case limit.

These changes are already live, so go check them out and let us know what you think! We’re confident that these changes will improve the accuracy of The Tribunal system without compromising on speed.

[url2="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/"]Visit the Tribunal[/url2] today and help us make a difference in the community!
I'm really happy about the second point, since I felt like when I ended up in Tribunal there were just random cases with no context for the bogus reports and then 1 or 2 games that were actually relevant.

I still think theres an issue with people punishing simply because the person landed in the tribunal through report numbers (and disregarding context). Hopefully this change will go towards fixing that.

Pink Punk Zebra

02-08-2013

Plus lyte

Add the level of the summoner who have reported

A lvl 2 or 3 guy (New one and not smurff)

Ofcourse he will feel ofcourse he will not play good

And the smurffs will report him

And even a lvl 10 summoner maybe he not playing very good and the smurff player he will report him again

So how about put the lvl of the summoner in order to know when the guy feeding or trolling because he is troll and when the guy feed and "troll" (Trolling i mean by not knowing what is going on the game very good) because he is a new player

Terrog

02-08-2013

Thank you for all your hard work. Tribunal is an innovation in gaming that will pave the way for many others.

NightFire666

02-08-2013

It's a sad day. When 90% of "Toxic" players. Are the only ones that say whats right.

So to the Tribunal. **** it. It's a pile of ****, and the only *******s that use it are the ones that didn't get enough attention as children and need someone to go and say "You have a voice" when in truth he doesn't and never will.

WraithNexus

02-08-2013

I wish people could review more cases. 20 seems like such a small number

punk n lol

02-08-2013

Lyte please can you take a look at this http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3101467

MaiLinna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

So Player Support was still checking cases overall? Or just the Permabans? I think that support should be checking every case before marking someone as a criminal. I hope we'll get a feature against Punish spammers soon.

LostRealist

02-08-2013

really nice changes thank you.

ihatebikeshorts

02-08-2013

Dr. Lyte, I was doing tribunal when a thought occurred to me: what is your stance on behavior progression in relationship to tribunal cases? Let me elaborate: say a player has a track record of raging in game and get reported consistently enough to get into tribunal. Now consider that this player has actually shown behavioral progression in the positive- that is this player is more considerate of how he is behaving and how it effects other players' playing experiences. They get reported in some games still, but overall shows slight progression. I'm wondering if Tribunal already takes this into consideration, because now I have the nagging though in the back of my head that I may, in fact, be helping to punish a player that is actually showing progression without having been punished first. Although on the other hand, one could say that the punishment is still deserved for past grievances.
What is your stance, or rather the stance of the Tribunal, on this perspective?