New Updates to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isogi Hasty

Recruiter

02-12-2013

Dont know why you guys integrated this new system, ever since it was inegrated everyone has been challenging it and see how far they can go before they get banned, plus with the new system and how you guys balance players with each other, the good players get set with bad players causing someone like me (who is good at the game) to get aggravated and end up getting a noob or someone who is butt hurt easily to cause a problem in a game that i am playing, cause i am normally good with someone until they say something negative or a smart ass comment towards me, just saying might want to look into that as well, it penalizes people of my nature to an extent where we can get banned for something that we didnt even do wrong, when we arent the instigators.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

02-12-2013
30 of 31 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepolite View Post
@Lyte,

Concerning the incentives for Hall of Justice,

I see that IP rewards have been removed from doing Tribunal, and people have voiced concerns about their names being put on the Hall of Justice, etc.

idea:

1. Display ranking like a ladder. It displays an accuracy and points, no names.
2. Reward system for top 10-20 tribunal leaders on the ladder. (only top 10-20)
3. The rewards would naturally be dwindled down in value between 1st and 10th-20th place, however, you have dual reward system. The players rewarded have an option to pick only 1 reward, but the reward is for either Accuracy or Points. You at riot decide what is what on that, I haven't got a clue.
4. This reward is only earned once a season, then the ladder is wiped and starts over again.

There you go. You are not giving out IP all year long, but once a year; to a select few people. You have no names, so players are happy, and you an incentive to be accurate and not a punish spammer.
Hm, what would be the point of having a ladder if every single entry is anonymous?

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Not really a fan of the above proposal.

I largely stopped participating in the Tribunal when the IP gains stopped because I was a primarily co-op versus AI player at the time; I used the Tribunal to make up for the IP difference while believing I was helping clean-up the toxic PvP portion, so it would be a better place for when I returned. I spent a great deal of time examining each case carefully. It could have been spent playing more games; it felt like a good incentive then.

When, it swapped over to the brief Halls of Justice, I wasn't really concerned about ranking, so I lost interest along with early bugs in the system (prior to making it so first case was better shuffled around); I just didn't feel the incentive anymore. Seeing how many people pardoned very blatant horrible behavior at the time bothered me. I chose to simply make a difference in game with the honor initiative.

So I don't really like the idea of adding more incentive to a privatized ladder portion as the trade-off already put me off. That's more of a result of the prior discussions on player behavior and it being more stick than carrot (prior to the Santa Baron icon).

Never really was concerned about the matter of anonymity in the Tribunal; I can understand why it would bother some players based off their involvement with the game.

SqueezeMeNow

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I'd be open to discussing your Reform Card if you want to post it. I'd be curious whether the community finds your behavior acceptable.
If you want to give my real life name and player information out publicly like professional players then by all means. I already invited you to do so once. I mean, you treat everyone the same right?

Also, as I pointed out, I have called you on your BS before I was ever banned. At least one of us is consistent and follows through on what they say. I'm not banned now either, but still happy to remind you not everyone ignores when you lie and try to bs the community.

Nejums

02-12-2013

In the Tribunal I have on many occasions seen players report abuse in the team chat before or after a game. However, because I am not given that data I can't really take it into account, furthermore I personally have dealt with people who are horrible in the team chat before and after games because they know they can't be tracked. I think it is something that should be fixed.

ChaosBloodterfly

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordYamon View Post
@Meadow
I like because i'm against the tribunal you assume i'm some sort of jerk.
Actually, no it's sort of because you type/write/sound like a jerk in your posts. You're the one making assumptions.

ongelvin

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Hm, what would be the point of having a ladder if every single entry is anonymous?
I don't believe anonymity would change the underlying reason for a leaderboard - to cimpare yourself to other players. Even if the leaderboard showed showed names, I don't think most of us would know even 1% of them. For me at least, I am rarely ever concerned with names, and am more interested in the stats. I might like to know my raw placement for example. (eg, #100'564) I might like to see how accurate I am compared to others. Maybe the number of cases ruled. Names are meaningless for the most part in such comparisons, because again, the majority of players will be relative unknowns. The only names that have meaning are your friends.

Careful Ima Trap

02-13-2013

Lyte a few months ago I was warned for cases that were months prior, then like 2-3 days after I was warned I was banned for games that were weeks before my warning was issued. Is this being addressed, if so how? I ask because when I was warned I was actively seeking to improve my behavior and then I got banned and lost interest in the game for a bit as it turned me off. Though I came back (and banned again -.-" and am going to improve my behavior again) I do hope that this is being reviewed as it can be quite the turn off.

Fudouri

02-13-2013

1) as can be seen on the various posts in here, there are definitely people who consider it a goal to have high accuracy (which actually runs counter to the idea of the Tribunal).

2) spam punishers as of last update about the tribunal would actually have higher accuracy ratings than average. Their vote also has a weight.

Thought I'd FYI that into the thread.

gamersteve

02-13-2013

thanks for the updates on the tribunal should help out alot of people