New Updates to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordYamon

02-12-2013

@Lyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordYamon
Yes I'm aware that they fixed this. However:

The tribunal still does what the tribunal has always done.

It exploits addiction, and bans high elo players knowing they will purchase another account with more RP.

Often based off of nothing. Because it is IMPOSSIBLE to stop random punishing.

Think about that for a moment, soak it in, let it sink it.

Good, Now:

Please, Please explain this to me: What good is the tribunal. Go back to my original post. And then enlighten me on why it actually exists, tell me what it does.

Thank you.
1) The Tribunal doesn't just ban high Elo players. If you look across all bans, this is just false.

2) If you are banned by the Tribunal, we discourage players from making new accounts and we do not want you to spend anymore money.

3) Nothing is impossible.
=\
Yeah, I've dealt with this type of response before. I'm not going to trip.

Wish you the best of luck with sorting things out, and keep up the good work.

meadow

02-12-2013

Appreciated Lyte!

Now back to the Tribunal Inquiries forum.

Xoripan

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordYamon View Post
Yes I'm aware that they fixed this. However:

The tribunal still does what the tribunal has always done.

It exploits addiction, and bans high elo players knowing they will purchase another account with more RP.

Often based off of nothing. Because it is IMPOSSIBLE to stop random punishing.

Think about that for a moment, soak it in, let it sink it.

Good, Now:

Please, Please explain this to me: What good is the tribunal. Go back to my original post. And then enlighten me on why it actually exists, tell me what it does.

Thank you.

You clearly are new aren't you

Kchaosrei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
1) The Tribunal doesn't just ban high Elo players. If you look across all bans, this is just false.

2) If you are banned by the Tribunal, we discourage players from making new accounts and we do not want you to spend anymore money.

3) Nothing is impossible.

Please keep your responses in this thread constructive instead of attacking other players.
i would like to address point 3. Human flight with out the aide of an external force is impossible.

I win

LeagueBrains

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
  • Previously, our Player Support team reviewed every Tribunal case before approving punishments and pardons. After reviewing the past 12 months of data, we’ve seen that cases that are unanimously pardoned or punished tend to be extremely accurate—Player Support rarely overturns these decisions. In light of this data, we’re now going to focus our attention on the cases that are more ambiguous—the slight majorities and split decisions. This should improve The Tribunal’s accuracy by focusing on the cases that need the most attention.
As I seem to recall, you guys didn't do appeals on bannings before? This may be incorrect, and if it is - please ignore the rest of the post. (Never been banned, so can't say I have had to try to appeal anything).

I assume your post means that unanimous votes are insta-approved (either pardon or ban). You also say that Player Support rarely overturns unanimous decisions, indicating that it happens on occasion. Without the means to overturn a unanimous decision any more the players have no safety net in that respect.

So, with that in mind, does this mean that you will now be more receptive to appeals - to account for the occasional banning or pardon (that would have otherwise been overturned by a member of Player Support (which no longer happens by the looks of it))?

Really a bit of a moot point for me, but seemed like something that should be addressed.

Edit; May have been addressed already. I haven't read the thread.

LeagueBrains

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kchaosrei View Post
i would like to address point 3. Human flight with out the aide of an external force is impossible.

I win
Remove gravity. That's the removal of external forces. And we can fly. Without help from external forces.

Bit of a stretch - YMMV.

(lol, define flight)

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

02-12-2013
29 of 31 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Elrickk View Post
@Lyte any chance of getting my reform card? I still havent gotten an email from the time of my account's suspension, my threads have not been answered (but have been moved across boards) and my support ticket hasnt been answered yet
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6205777/

supa03

02-12-2013

dont know if this is posted or not but can we see if the game was ranked or not

phatcat09

02-12-2013

I think I'm on my 20th Tribunal ban

I've seen my reform card and it's an odd combination of reasons. There's one game where I yelled at someone but there other 4 oddly don't have me talking but playing poorly.

It's reallllllllly annoying that my unintentionally failed games are also pushing me into the ban position.

I never intentionally feed, but I get reported for it a lot and I have so many games where I do bad in ranked and get reported for it and it shows up as me "trolling" when I never intentionally troll and if you look at any of my matches you'd know that, but it's the #1 reason for my latest suspension.

Pick Smite on Nidalee? Must be trollin.

Tribunal annoys me since it can't root intentionality.

There's another match where I called mid then someone else picked a support that can play mid so I picked a mid thinking I was going mid then I was reported for troll picking xerath support bottom.

I find myself constantly having to defend myself more than anything because I know these kinds of reports are landing me in Tribunal unfairly.

Anyone who looks at me reform card would notice a trend:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6202609/

Game 1: "Tribunal will punish a thornmail Tristana"

I was.

Game 2: I was playing support Tristana and they immediately started yelling at me for things that weren't my fault and I fought back and they continued to blame me for things out of my control I had a 67% win rate with support tristana but apparently that means I'm a troll again banned for trolling.

Game 3: I played a bad game, but was reported by the enemy as an intentional feeder I never intentionality feed -.-

Game 4: accused of not buying wards when I was reported and punished for it because of my poor KDA

Game 5: Again this game was an ENTIRE MISUNDERSTANDING I even TRIED to explain why I picked Xerath.

The only game I "violated" a summoners rule in was in game two where I got pissed after being berated by people all day for my build, but never did I insult anyone I just told people to "**** off" during that game.

Not the best choice of words but I sure as hell did nothing to earn there ire in the first place they just immediately started me as a troll at first death and then every subsequent death was "obviously" because I was trolling.

5 Games banned for trolling.

OH and did I mention all these matches are over 3 weeks old?

Hepolite

02-12-2013

@Lyte,

Concerning the incentives for Hall of Justice,

I see that IP rewards have been removed from doing Tribunal, and people have voiced concerns about their names being put on the Hall of Justice, etc.

idea:

1. Display ranking like a ladder. It displays an accuracy and points, no names.
2. Reward system for top 10-20 tribunal leaders on the ladder. (only top 10-20)
3. The rewards would naturally be dwindled down in value between 1st and 10th-20th place, however, you have dual reward system. The players rewarded have an option to pick only 1 reward, but the reward is for either Accuracy or Points. You at riot decide what is what on that, I haven't got a clue.
4. This reward is only earned once a season, then the ladder is wiped and starts over again.

There you go. You are not giving out IP all year long, but once a year; to a select few people. You have no names, so players are happy, and you an incentive to be accurate and not a punish spammer.