Thereisa, The Corrupted (Kayle's Mentor)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerichan

02-12-2014

EDIT: Ult CD decreased, Corruption build up and depletion added.
EDIT: "Subtle Death" CD increased.
EDIT: "Unholy Fury" second cast fixed.

Thereisa, The Corrupted

Mage, Fighter

HP: 525 +70 per lvl
HPR: 6.0
MS: 355
AS: 0.81 +0.010 per lvl
AR: 150
AD: 50 +03 per lvl
AP: 00
AR: 12 +04 per lvl
MR: 30 +01 per lvl

AD: [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
DF: [] [] [] [] [] [] []
AP: [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
DF: [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []

Innate Passive: Corruption

Enemies who attack Thereisa are debuffed with Corruption, this causes her spells to have additional effects. Corruption builds per level and acts as a resource for her ultimate. If Thereisa attacks a debuffed target, her basic attacks deal bonus physical damage equal to 20% of the amount of corruption she’s built up.

Recovers: 5 Corruption per basic attack.
Recovers 15 corruption per spell casted. This effect is doubled when her spells hit enemy champions.
Corruption: 150 + 19.45 per level = 500
Corruption depletes by 3% after 6 seconds when out of combat.

Q: Corrosive blade

Toggle: Thereisa coats her unholy lance with dark energies, causing her attacks to deal both physical damage and magic damage per strike. Magic damage dealt is a damage over time spell. (3 seconds )

In addition each strike will reduce armor by 3. Stacks up to 10 times.
Recovers 15 Corruption per strike. Depletes 5 Corruption every 0.5 Seconds it is active.

If the target is affected by Corruption her basic attacks will deal bonus damage equal to 4/5/6/7/8% of their missing HP.

Type: Basic attack buff
CD: NONE
Applies damage over time effect. (3 secs)
AD: Base AD + 30% Bonus AD
MD: 25/30/35/40/45 +10% AD & + 20% Bonus AP

W: Subtle Death

Passive: Whenever Thereisa is near an enemy champion she drains the life out of them dealing minor magic damage each half second and applying “Subtle death” every second up to 6 stacks.

(Always on once learned)

Type: Defensive
Range: 200/225/250/275/300
MD: 0 (base) (+5% AP) + (2% of Max Life)
[cannot exceed: Max of 10% enemies hp in total.]

Active: Thereisa forcefully removes the stacks of “Subtle Death” from the target(s) affected dealing magic damage and reducing their magic resist by 5/10/15/20/25%.

If the target is affected by “Corruption” Thereisa heals herself for 15% of her missing HP for each target affected by “Subtle Death”. (Can only be activated when target(s) has 6 stacks.)

Type: Instant/Auto target
AoE: 400
CD: 25 seconds (Does not affect the passive ability)
MD: 70/110/150/190/230 +25% Bonus AP

E: Unholy Fury

Thereisa starts to store the energy from the life around her over 6 seconds (stacks 3 times but can be fired early dealing half the damage). Upon reaching 3 stacks Thereisa can fire a bolt of dark energy in a line dealing magic damage to the first enemy hit and slowing the target by 25%. (can be held back for 3 seconds)

If the target is affected by “Corruption” she can fire “Unholy Fury” again dealing 25% bonus damage equal to 25% of the damage of the first bolt and slowing the target for a second time by 25%. (Like Ezreal's Q, these bolts can be blocked)

(There will be a cooldown of 1 second in between each cast before you can fire again.)

Type: Skillshot/Charged
Range: 1100
CD: 15/14.5/14/13.5/13
MD: 200 +15/20/25/30/35% Max AP (If all 3 stacks)
MD: 150 +10/15/20/25/30% Max AP (If only 2 stacks)
MD: 100 + 5/10/15/20/25% Max AP (If only 1 stack)

R: Relygast Meryem

Thereisa targets the 3 nearest enemy Champions and seals them in a Corrupted Crystal dealing magic damage and rooting them in place for 2.5 seconds, this also applies her passive. Enemy’s caught cannot attack or cast spells while trapped. (Unless they have Cleanse or an escape that negates stuns, roots, etc.)

Type: AoE Stun/Root
Diameter: 375
Range: 600
MD: 100/180/250 +40% AP
Cost: 100/150/200 Corruption
CD: 120

R2: Embrace the Corruption

Thereisa is consumed by the dark energies affecting her, making her overcomed by the evil in her heart. She screams out and impales all rooted champions with her dark energy dealing equal physical damage.

If the target’s are affected by Corruption, the targets will bleed out taking additional magic damage equal to 4/6/8% of their missing HP over time, Thereisa will also be healed per tick of the bleed. (4 seconds)

Type: AoE Ranged/Melee
AD: 250/400/550 +50% AD, +50% AP
Cost: 50/100/150 Corruption
CD: 120

NOTES: Thereisa must have enough Corruption stored in order to cast her ultimate combo.

Recommended Runes:

x9 Armor Penetration Marks
x9 Flat Armor Seals
x9 Flat Magic Resist per level Glyphs
x3 Attack Damage Quintessences

Recommended Build:

Mercury Threads, Talisman of Ascension, Black Cleaver

Ravenous Hydra, Nashor’s Tooth, Trinity Force

Guinsoo's Rageblade, Frozen Mallet, Randuin's Omen

Wit's End, Hextech Gunblade, Lich Bane

Speech: Thereisa's Voice is two toned. Her normal voice is that of a mature woman and the other voice is that of Belial.

On Select: "This world shall perish to the Corruption I bring!" (Loud and Evil)

Move 1: "Time to spread the darkness of my will."
Move 2: "Life...has no meaning."
Move 3: "All shall perish in my wake."
Move 4: "Soon! Very soon this world shall fall."
Move 5: "Let the corruption of man fuel my power."

(Move animation)
Thereisa's body is suspended in mid air by occuring flaps of her wings. When she flies her body is horizontal and she tucks her lance behind her, holding it firmly in her right hand.

Attack 1: "Your mind shall become darkness."
Attack 2: "Time to die little one."
Attack 3: "My lance shall carve the good out of your heart."
Attack 4: "Such pathetic Creatures."
Attack 5: "Die! And be reborn as my Corrupted."

(Attack Animation)
Thereisa swings her lance 3 ways. A slash upward, to her right, then a harsh slash to her left with both hands holding the lance. Her critical strike. She thrusts the lance forward indicating penetration.

(Death animation)
When Thereisa dies the demon that posses her will leave her body in a flurry of dark mist. Thereisa original form would be seen briefly before her body disintegrates into several tiny lights.

(Appearance)
Classic Skin: Thereisa physical appears is similar to Kayles but with out the armor. She wears black lower metalic armor and a torn up black undershirt. Her left wing is black in colour while her right wing appears to have lost its feathers leaving a demonic almost dragon like wing in its place.

Her lance is black with red markings on its hilt. The language of Kayles people. It also has two more blades on its tip almost like a spear with three blades like a trident.

She has long black hair that seems to have a fiery-black aura coming of it. Her eyes are completely black.

LORE: “Embrace the Corruption, I am the darkness.” Quote by Thereisa

Thereisa was once the holy mentor of Kayle, the “Judicator” of her world. She was kind at heart but deadly in combat. Kayle looked up to Thereisa she was her friend, almost like a sister figure. She taught Kayle everything she knows. Until one day their city on their world was attacked by a being they called Belial. Belial was a powerful enemy causing chaos and destruction every time he was set free by his 400 year slumber.

Kayle, Thereisa and all of the city’s warriors fought the gigantic beast of corruption, but it wasn’t enough. Belial proved too strong and so Thereisa had to do the one thing that would save the city, but at a cost. A forbidden magical sealing spell that would trap both the user and the enemy in a crystal forever. Kayle pleaded to her mentor, but in order to protect the people Thereisa loved and in order to protect her student she used the spell and trapped herself and the demon of corruption a crystal forever.

Thousands of years passed and the Rune Wars of Runeterra began. The violence and magic of the Wars ripped holes in time and space and eventually it reached Kayle’s world. The crystal that had imprisoned Thereisa and the demon had cracked and the energies of the Rune Wars fused the two of them together. Thereisa, still trapped within the cracked crystal was accidently ported to Runeterra within a placed called the Shadow Isles.

The crystal leaked out evil-corrupted energies into the Isles for hundreds of years and it called to the King. The king tried to harness the power of the crystal not knowing what truly rested inside of it, failing to harness the power, the crystal shattered releasing it’s dark energies throughout the land, corrupting it, changing it. Turning it into the lifeless isles that it is now. Thereisa, now free and fused with Belial sensed that two people from her world had come to this strange land as well.

Finally, she sets out in the direction where she sensed the powers of her former student and another one of her kind and ended up at the Institute of War. She rampaged through the Institute looking for her student until she finally found her. Kayle could not believe her eyes. Her Mentor was now the very thing she swore to carve and cleanse clean from her world, she had become the Corruption herself.

To save her master, Kayle attacked her but was quickly grounded, she was never powerful enough to defeat her master let alone Belial and just before Thereisa could deliver the final blow she was stopped by summoning magic. A large group of High Summoners ported to the scene to stop the fight. Thereisa fought them, and after a long and arduous battle they finally subdued her and locked her within a magic nulling prison and sentenced her to remain imprisoned until they could find a way to send her back. She would live and fight for whoever on the fields of justice until her sentence is complete.

“How have you become like this, Thereisa...I promise I will save you.” Quote by Kayle.

“So...sister has another enemy. This will be interesting…” Quote by Morgana

EDIT: "Subtle Death" Reworded and Active Nerfed slightly.
EDIT: "Embrace the Corruption" Nerfed slightly.
EDIT: Added Attack Range
EDIT: Nerfed her passive
EDIT: Cooldowns added on her Ultimate

NOTES: I really like this concept. I think my kit resembles her LORE perfectly, she is by far my best concept I've ever done.

P.S. My Math sucks! I was never good at math, I did all those calculations with a calculator based on Basic numbers and I just rounded off the rest to the nearest possible "Logical" outcome.

Zerichan

02-15-2014

Bump

TatsuoofSiel

02-15-2014

ill admit i like the idea for this character a kinda unholy kayle if you will but i do think that the ulti needs scaled back a bit cause if they are hit with both parts thats 850 damage before scaling not counting the 2.5 second stun +8% of health bleed that heals you also subtle death seems a bit overpowered i mean a max of 10% of their max hp per second just for sitting there seems a bit much dont you think.... i love the character idea but that they need brought in line a bit is my oppinion

Zerichan

02-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatsuoofSiel View Post
ill admit i like the idea for this character a kinda unholy kayle if you will but i do think that the ulti needs scaled back a bit cause if they are hit with both parts thats 850 damage before scaling not counting the 2.5 second stun +8% of health bleed that heals you also subtle death seems a bit overpowered i mean a max of 10% of their max hp per second just for sitting there seems a bit much dont you think.... i love the character idea but that they need brought in line a bit is my oppinion
Ayeeeee. I worded that W Passive wrong D:. I'll change that.

I'll see what I can do about the ult damage.

Thanks alot for the comment .

Zerichan

02-16-2014

bump

Goth Skunk

02-16-2014

Deleted this post on account of changed being made in the OP.

Brakmek11823

02-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goth Skunk View Post
So... reading this, it sounds to me like Corruption is a resource she gets both for attacking, and for doing absolutely nothing. It's also a neutral status placed upon any champion that's attacking her.

So by that logic, she'll reach 150 corruption before the announcement 'Welcome to XXXXXX'. And since corruption deals 30% of its held amount as bonus physical damage per autoattack, she basically has a free BF Sword by the time you hear 'Minions have spawned.'

Add that on top of her basic attack damage of 50, that's 95 attack damage at level 1. Free.

What's Thereisa's attack range? You neglected to mention this. It's important to know because this is an ability that's attached to her 'unholy lance.' Lances are typically longer than most other weapons, so does she have an attack range of 125? More?

While active, you mention it depletes 5 corruption, but neglect to mention the time frame. I'm going to assume you mean 5 corruption per second. Yet she recovers 20 Corruption every time she attacks. 15 from this ability while active, and 5 from her passive.

You add a DoT on hit ability to each AA, which at level 1 is 25 +15% AD and 20% bonus AP. So, factoring everything together, a single autoattack at level 1 does:

50 from base damage, physical
~+42 to +45 from the bonus acquired from her having a fully charged or near fully charged Corruption resource, physical
+(25+(.15(50))+(.2(0)))=32.5 damage over 3 second, magic
Totaling ~124.5 - 127.5, at level 1, mixed damage, with a single attack.

On top of that, whoever she just attacked gets 3 armor shredded away.

God forbid they have corruption afflicted upon them, for an added 4% of their missing health on top of that.

So now just by being near Thereisa, enemies are going to start taking damage. A maximum of 10% of their maximum health.

Once they reach 6 stacks of subtle death, she can then activate the ability at absolutely no cost, deal 70 magic damage and shred away 5% of their MR.

Better yet, the passive still persists even while the ability is on cooldown. Not that it matters much anyway, because it's capped at a maximum...

And, if they're affected with Corruption, she will heal herself for 15% of her missing health.

A charged skillshot with absolutely zero cost, no penalty to charging up, dealing 150 magic damage to the first target it hits when charged up to maximum. The target is likewise slowed by 25%. If the target is affected by Corruption, she can cast it immediately once more, again, at no cost, with zero chance of missing and deal 25% of their... maximum AP? What do you mean by 'maximum AP?' AP is a flat number. You either have some, or you don't. Against a champion with 0 AP this would do zero damage, however they would be slowed by 25% again. Against a champion with 100 AP, this would deal 25 damage.

While the first portion of Unholy Fire hurts like a *****, the followup attack tickles in comparison.

First things first, we finally have a real ability that makes use of Thereisa's Corruption resource.

Second, you haven't mentioned a cooldown for this ability.

Analyzing the ability itself: At level 6 she'll only have 247.25 max corruption. To make use of the full ultimate, she needs 260.

Corruption = 150 + 19.45/lvl. Since she starts at level 1 with 150...
Level 2: 150+19.45 = 169.45
Level 3: 169.45+19.45 = 188.9
Level 4: 188.9+19.45 = 208.35
Level 5: 208.35+19.45 = 227.8
Level 6: 227.8+19.45 = 247.25

So at level 6 she won't be able to get off her full ultimate. At level 7 she will, but not level 6.

Nevertheless, at level 6 this is a free attack that deals magic damage too -- and locks down -- the three closest enemy champions to her for 2.5 seconds, unless they have a cleanse or a snare-cancelling ability like Evelynn's W, in which case they only take damage.

I say again that this ability is free, even though it costs Corruption to use, because odds are the person playing Thereisa will always have enough Corruption to cast her ultimate.

At level 11 it's the same predicament. She needs 364 corruption to get off the full ultimate, but she only has 344.5

At level 16 it's the same predicament again. To get off her full ultimate, she needs 500 corruption, but she only has 441.75 max by this point.

Assuming that she had enough Corruption to cast her full ultimate, the second part of the ability, Embrace The Corruption, now deals physical damage to all captured targets. 250 +50% of her AD and 50% of her AP. They also take additional magic damage over time equal to a percentage of their missing health. There should be no 'if the targets are affected with corruption' footnote, because Relygast Meryem already applies it, according to its tooltip, so this extra magic damage they bleed over time and heal Thereisa for is guaranteed.

You know what? I don't care what you have written beyond this point. It's inconsequential.

You have designed a God-tier, horrendously overpowered champion.

Thereisa would be a 'must pick/ban' champion at all levels of play. Basically, the team that picks Thereisa at champion select, wins. Period. No exception.

She requires absolutely no skill to play. She can absolutely destroy anyone at level 1 and give no damn while doing it. One would need only to roll their face over the keyboard and they would succeed at playing this champion.

The only thing about this champion that is not ridiculous is her lore.

My recommendation: Keep the lore, but otherwise go back to the drawing board and start over again completely. This champion design is ridiculous and completely imbalanced.
A bit rude, but I agree, she is a bit ridiculous.

Zerichan

02-17-2014

I nerfed Thereisa and I don't think that she needs 0 skill to play so I resent that statement. But I did nerf her and added cooldowns. Some of the abilities are also reworded and better to understand. I look forward to you Critiques and please be less harsh.

Goth Skunk

02-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerichan View Post
Thereisa, The Corrupted

Mage, Fighter

HP: 525 +70 per lvl
HPR: 6.0
MS: 355
AS: 0.81 +0.010 per lvl
AR: 150
AD: 50 +03 per lvl
AP: 00
AR: 12 +04 per lvl
MR: 30 +01 per lvl

AD: [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
DF: [] [] [] [] [] [] []
AP: [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
DF: [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []

Innate Passive: Corruption

Enemies who attack Thereisa are debuffed with Corruption, this causes her spells to have additional effects. Corruption builds per level and acts as a resource for her ultimate. If Thereisa attacks a debuffed target, her basic attacks deal bonus physical damage equal to 20% of the amount of corruption she’s built up.
Delete this line.

Quote:
Recovers: 5 Corruption per basic attack.
Corruption: 150 + 19.45 per level = 500
Corruption replenishes by 5 every 1.5 seconds when out of combat.
Delete this line.
Quote:

Q: Corrosive blade

Toggle: Thereisa coats her unholy lance with dark energies, causing her attacks to deal both physical damage and magic damage per strike. Magic damage dealt is a damage over time spell. (3 seconds )

In addition each strike will reduce armor by 3. Stacks up to 10 times.
Recovers 15 Corruption per strike. Depletes 5 Corruption every 0.5 Seconds it is active.
Delete this
Quote:

If the target is affected by Corruption her basic attacks will deal bonus magic damage equal to 4/5/6/7/8% of their missing HP.
Added that for you.
Quote:
Type: Basic attack buff
CD: NONE
Applies damage over time effect. (3 secs)
AD: Base AD + 25% Bonus AD
MD: 25/30/35/40/45 +10% AD & + 20% Bonus AP
Delete this. Replace it with what you wrote about the 4/5/6/7/8% missing health.
[quote]

W: Subtle Death

Passive: Whenever Thereisa is near an enemy champion she drains the life out of them dealing minor magic damage each second and applying “Subtle death” up to 6 stacks.

(Always on once learned)

Type: Defensive
Range: 200/225/250/275/300
MD: 0 (base) (+5% AP) + (2% of Max Life)
[cannot exceed: Max of 10% of enemies in total.]

Move the life drain from the passive to the active and make it instant. Leave the 'Subtle Death' stacking thing on.
Explain how many seconds it takes per stack. I recommend 3/2/2/1/1
Quote:
Active: Thereisa forcefully removes the stacks of “Subtle Death” from the target(s) affected dealing magic damage and reducing magic resist by 5/10/15/20/25%.

If the target is affected by “Corruption” Thereisa heals herself for 15% of her missing HP for each target affected by “Subtle Death”. (Can only be activated when target(s) has 6 stacks.)

Type: Instant/Auto target
AoE: 400
CD: 20 seconds (Does not affect the passive ability)
MD: 70/110/150/190/230 +25% Bonus AP
Delete this. The max health damage is enough.

Quote:

E: Unholy Fury

Thereisa starts to store the energy from the life around her over 6 seconds (stacks 3 times but can be fired early dealing half the damage). Upon reaching 3 stacks Thereisa can fire a bolt of dark energy in a line dealing magic damage to the first enemy hit and slowing the target by 25%. (can be held back for 3 seconds)

If the target is affected by “Corruption” she can fire “Unholy Fury” again dealing 25% bonus damage equal to the targets maximum AP and slowing the target for a second time by 25%. (Like Ezreal's Q, these bolts can be blocked)

(There will be a cooldown of 2 seconds in between each cast before you can fire again.)

Type: Skillshot/Charged
Range: 1100
CD: 15/14.5/14/13.5/13
MD: 150 +15/20/25/30/35% Max AP (If all 3 stacks)
MD: 100 +10/15/20/25/30% Max AP (If only 2 stacks)
MD: 80 + 5/10/15/20/25% Max AP (If only 1 stack)
You're missing the base damages at later levels... unless 150 is the base damage at all levels and the only thing that changes is the AP scaling?

You also still haven't taken into consideration that the second cast of Unholy Fury tickles, if it does any damage at all. If her target has 0 AP, it will do no damage and simply re-apply the slow.

Quote:
R: Relygast Meryem

Thereisa targets the 3 nearest enemy Champions and seals them in a Corrupted Crystal dealing magic damage and rooting them in place for 2.5 seconds, this also applies her passive. Enemy’s caught cannot attack or cast spells while trapped. (Unless they have Cleanse or an escape that negates stuns, roots, etc.)

Type: AoE Stun/Root
Diameter: 375
MD: 100/180/250 +40% AP
Cost: 130/182/250 Corruption
CD: 150

R2: Embrace the Corruption

Thereisa is consumed by the dark energies affecting her, making her overcomed by the evil in her heart. She screams out and impales all rooted champions with her dark energy dealing equal physical damage.

If the target’s are affected by Corruption, the targets will bleed out taking additional magic damage equal to 4/6/8% of their missing HP over time, Thereisa will also be healed per tick of the bleed. (4 seconds)
Delete this, because as I've highlighted above, the first part of her ultimate applies corruption by default. This is unnecessary.
Quote:
Type: AoE Ranged/Melee
AD: 250/400/550 +50% AD, +50% AP
Cost: 130/182/250 Corruption
CD: 150

NOTES: Thereisa must have maximum Corruption stored in order to cast her ultimate combo. The Corruption builds up when the minions have spawned.
Your champion is still overpowered. Consider the suggestions I've made to bring her into something more reasonable.

I still don't like how easy it is for her to earn Corruption and how difficult it is for her to lose it. On the other hand it makes casting her ultimate a precarious decision because if she activates her Q, she won't be able to cast the second part of her ultimate ability on account of the resource drain. And, upon fully casting her ultimate, she will have 0 corruption and not be able to make use of her Q to execute champions.

Actually, that's probably a good thing.

Zerichan

03-01-2014

Changes made! Comments?