Magic Resist version of Warden's Mail

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0blizzard

Senior Member

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
I LOVE DARIUS HE ISN'T OP HE IS COMPLETELY BALANCED NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO QUESTION HOW GOOD DARIUS IS.
Fixed your opinion for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atajo View Post
Hrm, how about that. Short answer: because he's right and you're not.

Furthermore, this item doesn't destroy burst casters, it destroys sustained ones. Burst casters use 3-4 spells to try and nuke you into oblivion, but sustained casters (Ryze, Cassiopeia) use many spells. Yeah, cut their sustained DPS on a target by half, before counting the magic resist. Great idea.... NOT.


Hurts normal players too, need to spam click to get something to go off as soon as silence drops. Still makes players fight the interface.
Get rid of the microsilence and replace it with a stacking magic resist buff (say 10 for single target, 5 per second for DPS abilities). It would be like Wit's End except it would proc when you were targeted/damaged by spells.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0blizzard View Post
Fixed your opinion for you.
I find it adorable that you're ignorant enough to believe that I'd actually play Darius. Never have, never will. I've just got the chest hair and dropped balls to handle his pansy-ass kit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0blizzard View Post
Get rid of the microsilence and replace it with a stacking magic resist buff (say 10 for single target, 5 per second for DPS abilities). It would be like Wit's End except it would proc when you were targeted/damaged by spells.
Kind of pointless, really, would do nothing against burst casters and only screw up DoTs. Except that DoT mages can usually consistently reapply their damage, meaning they'll just ignore it and beat you anyway.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0blizzard

Senior Member

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
I find it adorable that you're ignorant enough to believe that I'd actually play Darius. Never have, never will. I've just got the chest hair and dropped balls to handle his pansy-ass kit.

Kind of pointless, really, would do nothing against burst casters and only screw up DoTs. Except that DoT mages can usually consistently reapply their damage, meaning they'll just ignore it and beat you anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
I find it adorable that you're ignorant enough to believe that I'd actually play Darius. Never have, never will. I've just got the chest hair and dropped balls to handle his pansy-ass kit.

Kind of pointless, really, would do nothing against burst casters and only screw up DoTs. Except that DoT mages can usually consistently reapply their damage, meaning they'll just ignore it and beat you anyway.
It's league, not a bear fighting competition. Chest hair and dropped balls has nothing to do with a battle arena game played by millions of angsty college kids all over the world like you and me. I find your argument adorable. There, I said it. I'm gay for your manly chest hair and dropped balls. I want you so bad.

So much faith in DoT mages.

I'm assuming that the game account justmybasscannon is you; way to never played ranked at all (although kudos to the 984 normal game wins). I'm going to assume that you don't believe in Ranked as a legitimate game type, which is just as well, because it's a crapshoot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IamDuddits

Senior Member

02-19-2013

Hexdrinker/Maw are the equivalent of Warden's Mail. Warden's Mail counters sustained damage by reducing attack speed. Hex/Maw counters burst by blocking the burst. The only draw back is that Hex/Maw are useless unless you can kill the enemy hero before their CDs are off cooldown which is unlikely vs Akali/Kassadin etc.

0.5 Sec silence would be effectively useless. Your item would counter casters about as well as Thornmail counters ADCs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0blizzard View Post
It's league, not a bear fighting competition. Chest hair and dropped balls has nothing to do with a battle arena game played by millions of angsty college kids all over the world like you and me. I find your argument adorable. There, I said it. I'm gay for your manly chest hair and dropped balls. I want you so bad.

So much faith in DoT mages.

I'm assuming that the game account justmybasscannon is you; way to never played ranked at all (although kudos to the 984 normal game wins). I'm going to assume that you don't believe in Ranked as a legitimate game type, which is just as well, because it's a crapshoot.
I actually have played Ranked. Very rarely, like less than 20 games probably, but I still have. I just find it completely impossible to solo queue Ranked, and my friends are never online for team.

It'd be nice if you'd come up with an idea that's actually created with more thought than "I'd like..." We'd all like something. I'd like to be able to buy a shark that gives 38 AP and builds into a special item that changed Annie's ultimate so that Tibbers runs around holding a shark. But exclusive items are awkward balance subjects, and I'm sure EVERYONE would want a bear holding a shark after that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archereon

Junior Member

02-19-2013

Honestly this item would be horribly op especially on anything good. Say you're fighting Morgana, or Lux both of whom depend on their Snare-> burst destroying a champ that builds no mr. You just made skillshots EVEN HARDEr since they have time inbetween, and its a massive nerf to ANYTHING that casts. Ezreal just Q'd you and lost part of his Q passive, Kha'zix cant do anything for a bit after jumping on you. You just made anything that isnt an autoattacker way worse. You argue that .25 or .5 isnt much but it adds up with EVERY spell having an extra .25 or .5 cd. If all four of your skills do untargetted damage, then thats a 1 second total FREE silence on an item. You would make so many champions so much less viable because well their enemy gets away while you are struggling with a horrible cooldown.
Also the worst thing you can do is insult someone for not playing ranked because it makes you seem like an intolerant jerk. God forbid someone avoid playing ranked because they arent ready or want to be better first.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IamDuddits

Senior Member

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archereon View Post
Honestly this item would be horribly op especially on anything good. Say you're fighting Morgana, or Lux both of whom depend on their Snare-> burst destroying a champ that builds no mr. You just made skillshots EVEN HARDEr since they have time inbetween, and its a massive nerf to ANYTHING that casts. Ezreal just Q'd you and lost part of his Q passive, Kha'zix cant do anything for a bit after jumping on you. You just made anything that isnt an autoattacker way worse. You argue that .25 or .5 isnt much but it adds up with EVERY spell having an extra .25 or .5 cd. If all four of your skills do untargetted damage, then thats a 1 second total FREE silence on an item. You would make so many champions so much less viable because well their enemy gets away while you are struggling with a horrible cooldown.
Also the worst thing you can do is insult someone for not playing ranked because it makes you seem like an intolerant jerk. God forbid someone avoid playing ranked because they arent ready or want to be better first.
Or god forbid someone avoid playing ranked because it's a ****ing lottery.

The problem with this item is it's targeting heroes that don't need to be nerfed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0blizzard

Senior Member

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
I actually have played Ranked. Very rarely, like less than 20 games probably, but I still have. I just find it completely impossible to solo queue Ranked, and my friends are never online for team.

It'd be nice if you'd come up with an idea that's actually created with more thought than "I'd like..." We'd all like something. I'd like to be able to buy a shark that gives 38 AP and builds into a special item that changed Annie's ultimate so that Tibbers runs around holding a shark. But exclusive items are awkward balance subjects, and I'm sure EVERYONE would want a bear holding a shark after that.
I believe what you're asking for is a discussion of items AND then an opinion suggesting a way to fix the problem discussed (in said discussion). I thought I did the opposite, by suggesting something and then explaining it. Clearly I do not explain my ideas well enough, or they are ALL (considering you have absolutely nothing positive to say about ANY of my ideas) entirely without merit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0blizzard

Senior Member

03-01-2013

Waiting for responses.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheOneMillion

Senior Member

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0blizzard View Post
Waiting for responses.
He explained it already. MR options are much more limited / less because physical damage is much more abundant and cannot be stopped or "gated" from mana ever. Also, every champ deals physical damage. Every single one. Not all champs deal magic, and even when they do, its usually one spell unless they are a caster (of which you usually have 1, compared to all 5 champs auto attacks, turrets, minions, creeps, ect..)