Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Magic Resist version of Warden's Mail

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vuther

02-13-2013

Quote:
Zer0blizzard:
Meanwhile, Atma's is practically common.

Whhhhhaaaat? Nah I never see both of them. Atma's is getting some recent new use due to League of Warmog's, and Mercurial's also usually a last item upgrading the Quicksilver Sash you had, but both are pretty uncommon. Lolking says Atma's has at least twice the use of MercS in every game ever, but both are used less than 1%.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

02-13-2013

Quote:
Zer0blizzard:
You spent a lot of time saying that I'm wrong on every point with "IMO" as your sole reason.

And you spent no time trying to say you're right, or that I'm wrong.
Quote:
Zer0blizzard:
Nobody buys Mercurial Scimitar. It's not in any mobafire/solomid/lolking top rated guide for any champion, and it's not a commonly built item on any champion according to LOLKing. Meanwhile, Atma's is practically common.

They're both extremely uncommon, because they're final-slot items. Atma's more so than Mercurial.

Since games at higher level play rarely last long enough to get to that 6th slot, and it's rarely ambiguous whether Armor/MR or AD would be better to buy when you DO get there, they're both really low buys.
Quote:
Vuther:
Lolking says Atma's has at least twice the use of MercS in every game ever, but both are used less than 1%.

Zer0blizzard

02-14-2013

Waiting for responses that aren't from JustMyBassCannon.

Anachronity

02-14-2013

That microsilence thing is a HORRIBLE idea. First of all it only affects single-target spells, which is really clunky for what it does. Second, it's a reactive hard CC triggered by the player's targeting choices, making it essentially a weaponized interface screw.

Imagine how frustrating it would be to have to hold your cursor over the enemy and mash your hotkey so that you could cast the spell immediately after the silence wore off. Tenacity really wouldn't even be an option since the sole function of the item is pretty much to cause misclicks.

I'm not going to argue that there shouldn't be a mid-range mres item, but that mechanic absolutely will not work. I would literally quit League if an item like that became common.

Zer0blizzard

02-15-2013

Quote:
Anachronity:
That microsilence thing is a HORRIBLE idea. First of all it only affects single-target spells, which is really clunky for what it does. Second, it's a reactive hard CC triggered by the player's targeting choices, making it essentially a weaponized interface screw.

Imagine how frustrating it would be to have to hold your cursor over the enemy and mash your hotkey so that you could cast the spell immediately after the silence wore off. Tenacity really wouldn't even be an option since the sole function of the item is pretty much to cause misclicks.

I'm not going to argue that there shouldn't be a mid-range mres item, but that mechanic absolutely will not work. I would literally quit League if an item like that became common.

That's a first world problem of a first world problem. Some of us don't smartclick; we have to deal with your "problem" every game out of preference. You're clearly a mid player; a lot of tops and other people have quit league ever since Darius became common.

Zer0blizzard

02-16-2013

Waiting for responses.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

02-16-2013

Quote:
Zer0blizzard:
a lot of bads have quit league ever since Darius became common.

Just gonna fix that there for you.

Master CPU

Recruiter

02-17-2013

I think there should be a type of armor/magic res that counters arm/mag pen like "true" arm/mag res(pretty much work like true dmg just backwards) or something like that.
Of course they will give you less stats than a normal item but they cant be bypassed by the mag/arm pen items but they also will work like normal armor to not be too strong(all you need to counter is just normal atk since it wont be affected by its unique ability of countering pen). This will be for tanks only, as it will be expensive for not that much arm/mag res but it prevents carries from destroying you for only having health(since that's the best option right now), cuz both types of dmg have health counter items too(I find it unfair for tanks that there are anit arm/mag res/health items, and all they have is anti AS/MS and some others that im probably missing, but still not as effective as the attackers options)

Meshly

02-17-2013

Quote:
Zer0blizzard:
Waiting for responses.

Sorry, but nothing I could say hasn't been said yet.

Atajo

02-18-2013

Quote:
Zer0blizzard:
Waiting for responses that aren't from JustMyBassCannon.

Quote:
Meshly:
Sorry, but nothing I could say hasn't been said yet.

Quote:
Anachronity:

Hrm, how about that. Short answer: because he's right and you're not.

Furthermore, this item doesn't destroy burst casters, it destroys sustained ones. Burst casters use 3-4 spells to try and nuke you into oblivion, but sustained casters (Ryze, Cassiopeia) use many spells. Yeah, cut their sustained DPS on a target by half, before counting the magic resist. Great idea.... NOT.

Quote:
Zer0blizzard:
That's a first world problem of a first world problem. Some of us don't smartclick; we have to deal with your "problem" every game out of preference. You're clearly a mid player; a lot of tops and other people have quit league ever since Darius became common.

Hurts normal players too, need to spam click to get something to go off as soon as silence drops. Still makes players fight the interface.