Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Separation of unique passives from recipes (keep total cost the same)

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TealNinje

Senior Member

02-23-2013

Quote:
Zer0blizzard:
That's not true; there are people that actually post. You're only the second to mention this in three weeks of bumping. Bring on the next troll, please.

The three weeks of bumping proves my point entirely.

Noone wants to deal with you. Even with you forcing your threads on us for 3 weeks, we still don't want to deal with you even to tell you to bugger off.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0blizzard

Senior Member

02-26-2013

Quote:
TealNinje:
The three weeks of bumping proves my point entirely.

Noone wants to deal with you. Even with you forcing your threads on us for 3 weeks, we still don't want to deal with you even to tell you to bugger off.


You don't understand the meaning of "no one". There are people that haven't responded yet, but you don't understand that. They exist. I'm going to guess that you're one of these people that doesn't understand the meaning of words, so I'm going to attempt to rephrase your argument for you: you don't like people that bump because you believe that bumped threads are usually not worth the effort of bumping.

If a thread was good, the community would continue talking about it until/even after a Riot employee responded to it/PBE changes were made that handled said request.

You're not exactly patient with ideas. Have you ever considered that bumping for the sake of Riot's attention may not be a bad thing? Have you ever considered that my ideas may not actually be bad? I'm guessing not for either of these points.

One thread's worth of proof:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post35066059 (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=35066059&posted=1#post35066059)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

awkwardbowman

Senior Member

02-26-2013

I kind of have to agree with TealNinje. I keep checking forums and just seeing your posts up, usually with you being the last poster.

Of most of the threads with Dev's that I've seen, they mention that they don't like bumping, let alone the large amount of times you tend to do it.

I'm not saying you don't have good ideas, they're definitely interesting, but bumping for weeks on end is a bit much, don't you think?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TealNinje

Senior Member

02-26-2013

Quote:
Zer0blizzard:
You don't understand the meaning of "no one". There are people that haven't responded yet, but you don't understand that. They exist. I'm going to guess that you're one of these people that doesn't understand the meaning of words, so I'm going to attempt to rephrase your argument for you: you don't like people that bump because you believe that bumped threads are usually not worth the effort of bumping.

If a thread was good, the community would continue talking about it until/even after a Riot employee responded to it/PBE changes were made that handled said request.

You're not exactly patient with ideas. Have you ever considered that bumping for the sake of Riot's attention may not be a bad thing? Have you ever considered that my ideas may not actually be bad? I'm guessing not for either of these points.

One thread's worth of proof:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post35066059 (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=35066059&posted=1#post35066059)


Let me phrase it another way:

No one that matters cares about your posts anymore. Anyone who did stopped when you bumped them repeatedly for over a week.

You might get randoms; but those people are people who haven't paid any attention to these forums anyway, and don't actually have a vested interest or an educated opinion in/on balance.

Besides which, your ideas are, universally, awful. You want to change the game around your ideals for no other reason than you don't like LoL. What you're suggesting wouldn't have the purpose of "improving League of Legends;" they'd have the purpose of "changing League of Legends into a different game." The game might be just as good, but it still wouldn't be League of Legends. Considering how League has gained its success by not doing what you're suggesting, I would believe that using your ideas would only result in a negative response.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0blizzard

Senior Member

03-01-2013

Quote:
TealNinje:
Let me phrase it another way:

No one that matters cares about your posts anymore. Anyone who did stopped when you bumped them repeatedly for over a week.

You might get randoms; but those people are people who haven't paid any attention to these forums anyway, and don't actually have a vested interest or an educated opinion in/on balance.

Besides which, your ideas are, universally, awful. You want to change the game around your ideals for no other reason than you don't like LoL. What you're suggesting wouldn't have the purpose of "improving League of Legends;" they'd have the purpose of "changing League of Legends into a different game." The game might be just as good, but it still wouldn't be League of Legends. Considering how League has gained its success by not doing what you're suggesting, I would believe that using your ideas would only result in a negative response.


I was going to make a Catholic church - Protestant Reformation analogy, but I thought that was a little much.

Every time LOL makes a patch, they change the game. Every time they add a champion, they change the game. REPEAT THIS WITH EVERY SINGLE CHANGE IN EVERY SINGLE PATCH CYCLE. THEY HAVE A FREAKIN PUBLIC PBE FOR ****'S SAKES.

P.S. This is the last response I'm giving you about this topic. You have nothing positive to say, you are not willing to troll me on every single one of my posts, your downvotes do nothing that I care about, you cannot get me banned and you are acting very disrespectful, which will not look well for you if you manage to get a Riot reviewer to review my forum profile and posts.

If anyone OTHER than the troll has anything to say, I'm more than welcome to hear it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TealNinje

Senior Member

03-02-2013

Quote:
Zer0blizzard:
I was going to make a Catholic church - Protestant Reformation analogy, but I thought that was a little much.

Every time LOL makes a patch, they change the game. Every time they add a champion, they change the game. REPEAT THIS WITH EVERY SINGLE CHANGE IN EVERY SINGLE PATCH CYCLE. THEY HAVE A FREAKIN PUBLIC PBE FOR ****'S SAKES.

P.S. This is the last response I'm giving you about this topic. You have nothing positive to say, you are not willing to troll me on every single one of my posts, your downvotes do nothing that I care about, you cannot get me banned and you are acting very disrespectful, which will not look well for you if you manage to get a Riot reviewer to review my forum profile and posts.

If anyone OTHER than the troll has anything to say, I'm more than welcome to hear it.


You're comparing minor balance changes to total overhauls. Champion-specific reworks to complete system changes. Even the huge sweeping change they've done for Season 3 is much smaller in scope than your ridiculous suggestion for a GP10 item that would make the rest of the game irrelevant.

Any champion that Riot adds to the game does not change the game for the rest of the champions; it adds some different tactics under the very specific circumstances of the new champion being played, but if that new champion isn't there, there literally isn't any difference in the game.

The difference between what I'm doing and what you're doing: what I'm doing is disrespectful to you. What you're doing is disrespectful to the entirety of the Item Discussion forum frequenters, and the majority of the random lurkers. What makes your suggestions any more valuable than the new ones that are being forced off the of the front page? What makes you any more important than random johnny who's never posted on a forum before? Nothing. You don't bring insightful ideas to the forums. Your suggestions are ridiculously ill-thought, don't care about what changes they'd have on the game, don't actually provide reliable math, and don't actually provide any food for thought.

For instance, your "health blows away resistances" is based around level 0. Level 0 never comes into play. Ever. Level 1 is the bare minimum you can base anything around, and you're at level 1 for only a couple of minutes. Your thread on health ignores health regen; resistance effectiveness over time is multiplied by health regen, as you take less damage and there for require less time to regenerate it. It multiplies the effectiveness of healing effects by the same reasons.

Your Warden's Mail for Magic Damage already exists (Wit's End), except you want an entirely defensive version that would completely destroy mages by itself. Armor has Warden's Mail and Randuin's Omen because the effective cooldown for an autoattack, assuming no attack speed built and not inhibited by slows, is 1.8 seconds. That's very close to the shortest cooldown. Through just level up bonuses, every champion should be reaching over 1 attack per second (with exceptions for a few oddballs, like Blitzcrank (who has an attack speed steroid)), making the effective cooldown a mere .9 or so. Is there a champion who has a spell with a cooldown that low without items? Spells also have the nagging problem of needing constant interaction; when your spell is ready to cast, you have to target the opponent with it; if you had a spell with a .9 second cooldown, you have to target them constantly. Now consider that attack speed can go 2.5x as fast as that; an effective cooldown of .4 seconds! That doesn't require you to constantly click buttons! You can actually focus on what's going on around you instead of tunnel visioning to make the most of your damage.

You want a mirror item to Zeke's Herald that provides spell vamp. You mean Will of the Ancients? Or is there something else you wanted other than that? You never actually specify what you actually want from the item, you just insist that "Will of the Ancients isn't the same." You say something about AP tanks needing help; um, what? They can get Rod of Ages, Rylai's, Zhonya's, Abyssal Scepter; between AD tanks and AP tanks, AP have the much better selection. Nevermind that there isn't really an AD tank; there's Hecarim, but he's as much AP as he is AD when he's played as a tank.

Oh, and Mundo isn't a tank. He has no hard CC, his only natural form of CC is practically impossible to use against anyone that isn't the tank, and he has a 100+ AD steroid that's just begging to use attack speed with.

You want to bring back an item that was removed. Now, that wouldn't be a problem, except you're forcing it down our throats. There's 6 total threads on the front page that are eating up space and preventing us from seeing new ideas; we're not on the forums constantly, there is enough posting on the forum that it forces those ideas down. The good ones are usually maintained by constant discussion, but enough of them have infrequent enough posting that they end up on the second page. There's 6 of them on the second page that should still be on the first page.

And I don't even know what the point of THIS thread was. It's a request for change for the express purpose of change. It doesn't provide any functional benefits. It doesn't make anything simpler (it actually makes it more confusing without making it more complex.) It doesn't even really help someone separate what's new on the item and what was on it before as it's limited to unique passives (and why you specify just unique passives, I'll never know.)



Oh, and I'm not the one downvoting you. I'm the one jumping into the spotlight. If whoever gave you **** is likely to be banned from the forum, better for it to be me, since my biggest reason for being here is to deal with **** like this. If there's a troll, I trollbait them. If there's a flamer, I troll them. If there's really stupid discussions, I enter into them with actual math so they can see why their discussion is bad. This; this is all 3 of those problems. The theoretical correct response was to ignore you, but since apparently ignoring you doesn't help, I have to actually do something.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0blizzard

Senior Member

03-06-2013

Quote:
TealNinje:
The three weeks of bumping proves my point entirely.

Noone wants to deal with you. Even with you forcing your threads on us for 3 weeks, we still don't want to deal with you even to tell you to bugger off.



Quote:
TealNinje:
The theoretical correct response was to ignore you, but since apparently ignoring you doesn't help, I have to actually do something.

^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CreamyPopsicles

Junior Member

03-07-2013

Quote:
TealNinje:
Can you just stop forcing your threads on the rest of the forum population?

It's clear noone wants to deal with you. You're accomplishing nothing but spamming the forums.


It would be great if you could respond to the question he asked you before he started bumping. If you could do that, you could have prevented the bumps. A forum is a discussion board. I understand that forum bumps are annoying but it would have been common courtesy to respond to the question he asked


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TealNinje

Senior Member

03-07-2013

Quote:
CreamyPopsicles:
It would be great if you could respond to the question he asked you before he started bumping. If you could do that, you could have prevented the bumps. A forum is a discussion board. I understand that forum bumps are annoying but it would have been common courtesy to respond to the question he asked

If you've paid attention to his posts, you'd see he bumps the threads no matter what response he get's.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PsychoPJ

Member

03-07-2013

Definitely annoying. This forum needs more moderators.


123