Need help with a concept, community.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Awaken Easley

02-08-2013

I'm designing a tinkerer/military sorta' champion, where he'll use some form of a rocket launcher as his weapon and I need some ideas for unique spins on abilities.

His passive will be that he has high AD scaling and his AA's do splash damage. To counter this, the higher his AD is the lower his attack speed becomes. He's also immune to attack speed buffs like BB.

I've came up with the idea of having traps on him, but how this would differ from others is that it's not 'one' type of trap. Depending on where you place the trap, bush, river, in between trees in the jungle... the trap would alter to fit that terrain. Maybe a pitfall in bushes, one of those swinging log traps in the jungle, perhaps a flare shoots up in the river spotlighting the area similar to using CV, who knows.

I've been thinking of having a weapon swap on his R, but it seems to have become more increasingly popular to have different skill sets based on this already like Nidalee, Elise, Jayce, etc... So I don't know if giving him a shovel or machine gun will be the right trick even though this is one of the best ways, in my opinion, to give a champion far more depth.

I also thought about having some sort of gyroplane or helicopter lift allies out of a sticky situation. Or maybe that he climbs into one of those, and can fire a few shots from his bazooka or a mounted machine gun, unhindered. Haven't really decided which would be best.

Would really like some goofy skills as well, because I want him to be a bit looney.

Above all else, he'll be a Yordle and will probably have a hidden passive with Ziggs.

Awaken Easley

02-08-2013

Bump.

Swampmajikk

02-08-2013

Isn't that way too much like ziggs/tristana?
I kinda like the idea though and I think you're on the right track..
Maybe he should use an ammo system on all of his traps/abilities and his ultimate converts his current ammo into some kind of better ammo that does stronger things?
Maybe that could be another skill?

And I also don't think the multi-layer characters aren't necessarily a bad thing...I came up with one that is based on the balance of good and evil so one side is like a healer/support and the other is a nasty assassin/mage so that essentially both halves counter each other..
I should really post that but I need better art done up...

ANYWAY maybe u could have his ult put him in some kind of tank or assault vehicle for some amount of time then he can just wreak havoc all over.

and this should really be in the concepts forums...people in GD generally don't give a rats ass about this stuff. ur lucky i'm here :/

Awaken Easley

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampmajikk View Post
Isn't that way too much like ziggs/tristana?
I kinda like the idea though and I think you're on the right track..
Maybe he should use an ammo system on all of his traps/abilities and his ultimate converts his current ammo into some kind of better ammo that does stronger things?
Maybe that could be another skill?

And I also don't think the multi-layer characters aren't necessarily a bad thing...I came up with one that is based on the balance of good and evil so one side is like a healer/support and the other is a nasty assassin/mage so that essentially both halves counter each other..
I should really post that but I need better art done up...

ANYWAY maybe u could have his ult put him in some kind of tank or assault vehicle for some amount of time then he can just wreak havoc all over.

and this should really be in the concepts forums...people in GD generally don't give a rats ass about this stuff. ur lucky i'm here :/
Yes but posting anywhere other than GD, is going to result in 3 day waiting periods for any kind of response. Since I'm just trying to fish around for ideas, I don't think it matters much if it's here or there.

Tristana doesn't really do splash damage unless she kills something, so it's not entirely the same thing as she can't get much out of it in a team fight scenario. I also don't see how he's too similar to Ziggs outside of using a rocket launcher which goes boom.

I like the idea of different types of ammo, though. Maybe the traps could work with this idea, so that depending on which trap the enemy triggers it'll make them more susceptible to a certain type of ammo.